Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Wifes/girlfriends/boyfriends/partners is it the month the otherhalf is bonkers ?
  • sugdenr
    Free Member

Women are nice to others but dont mean it
    Men are insulting to others but dont mean it.

Its just the male coping mechanism

andyfla
    Free Member

Signed up for the Haute route – 7 days of biking – an numerous weekends away during the year, and she is happy with it.

I get half a day at the weekend to ride,

She is marvellous – long suffering but marvellous

dashed
    Free Member

Found the girl of my dreams.
    Asked her to marry me.
    She said yes.
    We went through some pretty stressful circumstances over last couple of months and now nothing I do is good enough.
    Tough times and suspect we will be parting company in the very near future.
    Gutted beyond words.

ransos
    Free Member

To everyone who complains that “nothing I do is good enough for her”: are you sure that she has unreasonable expectations?

jimster
    Free Member

Women are not rational, full stop!!

They say thing they don’t mean and won’t say what they mean.

Say join a gym, go out for a ride then complain about you being out all the time – when the inevitable happens – never again!!!

HansRey

my girlfriend is encouraging me to buy a new bass and a new bike. Unexpected surprises like this make me wonder… what have I done wrong now?!

…she has a cunning and devious plan i imagine. I suspect that it involves agreeing to take a black lab puppy from her sister and keeping it in our tiny flat. Which would be utterly bonkers

MrsToast
    Free Member

oh dear its gone all men are this and that ! The clue is in the title…partners in general be they be male female ? so females you are free to air off as well !

My husband is ace, although I’ve had over a month of him agonising about getting a new bike. So far he’s flipped between a Yeti, a Specialized Evo, a Lapierre Zesty, a Canyon Nerve and an Orange 5. I just wish he’d bloody pick one! And he doesn’t like steak. Or Star Wars. Or death metal. And he makes fun of my comics.* But other than that – ace! 😀

* Incidentally, I retaliate by making him watch terrible American prodecural crime dramas, just to watch him cringe whenever they use a computer…

bwaarp
    Free Member

Simonm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd30JESdb9o

on a serious note divorce her.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I hope a lot of you realize that most of what you’re describing is vilely abusive behavior, that if any of you were to do it you would be described as “pigs” and be berated as women haters.

I dunno, I guess I’m a massive raging jerk but I’ve dumped every woman who as ever pulled this kind of thing on me without second thought. I’m now with a nice, cool, calm calculated woman who respects me enough to just talk to me and discuss issues with the aim of coming to an agreeable compromise.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Thing is, we are as simple as it gets (well, I am)-we keep being expected to grow up but there’s no fun in that. We want, nay NEED, our toys, space and childishness and otherwise we may as well give up on life and buy a people carrier and[s]and look miserable[/s] remove the rear seats to make more room for bikes.

FTFY

willard

bwaarp,

I understand that there could be an element of truth in what you say, and there are times when my wife sorely tests my patience, but the bulk of the time she’s a lovely woman and we get on very well.

I’m happy to allow her a few moments of madness (which I will do my best to ignore without seeming to ignore) because I love her. Mind you, she also puts up with me going away a fair bit, so she gets credit for that as well. And for putting up with the dogs (although they are adorable and no problems when I’m looking after them solo).

Edukator
    Free Member

Hundreds of months have confirmed it´s not the month, it´s the days of the month. Learn to deal with those, you know, always agree, disconnect the car battery and put the big knives in the bottom draw out of sight, and everything is fine.

derekrides
    Free Member

bwaarp – Member
    I’m now with a nice, cool, calm calculated woman who respects me enough to just talk to me and discuss issues with the aim of coming to an agreeable compromise.

Back home with Mum then.

sugdenr
    Free Member

😆 @ derekrides

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Wifes/girlfriends/boyfriends/partners is it the month the otherhalf is bonkers ?’ is closed to new replies.