Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • Wifes/girlfriends/boyfriends/partners is it the month the otherhalf is bonkers ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

My wife has gone bonkers these last few days nothing I do is right !

Is it the sudden cold snap or are other people experiencing this phenomena?

Please feel free to air off here !

ton

for 1 month of every year i have been married (20yrs), i feel like divorcing my wife, and going to live by myself in a cave.
    the other 11 months of the year everything is cool.

after being married a long time, you get used to it…….. 😀

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

yes its going to one of those few week moods…wheres this cave ? has it got central heating ?

LoCo
    Free Member

Jan/Feb are always bad months it’s cold, people are inside more, get ill more often as well as cash being tighter with them having to pay off Christmas.
    So yes generally people seem more stressed/short tempered.

My wife and I are both mentalists anyway 😀

matt_outandabout

^ I am with ton. 18 years of marriage, she is ace, but every now and then one/both of us feels like giving up. BUT, that is commitment, innit? Worth it.
    Mind, a heated cave sounds nice. Does it have a bike rack?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Yip. We are going to a 30th tomorrow night. I fully expect the night to end with us walking down opposite sides of the street, getting on separate buses and sleeping in separate beds. But hey, we love each other. 😀

geetee1972
    Free Member

Yeah mine seems to be possessed by something at the moment.

emsz
    Free Member

being trapped inside doesn’t help. making up afterwards is cool though 😉

King-ocelot
    Free Member

2 days ago I asked my girlfriend to marry me. She said ‘yes’.
    Bonkers, she could do far better. I’m happy though 🙂

ton

emsz speaketh the truth………… 8)

loum
    Free Member

Not only you. Any more room in that cave?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…round 48 !

Spent 3 hrs making dinner (goulash) put boys to bed cleared up (as I do every night) eats dinner okay for 5 mins then back at being possessed !

If I had a local that I wasn’t afraid to go to Id be there now !

Bunnyhop

2 days ago I asked my girlfriend to marry me. She said ‘yes’.
    Bonkers, she could do far better. I’m happy though

That is lovely 🙂

As a wife myself, hubby regularly tells me that he can’t do anything right in my view. This is all year though and not just February.
    Better be nice to him now otherwise they’ll be no St. Valentines pressy. Oh hang on a minute, that’s something he never does too.

Only joking darling, you know I love you very much xxxxx

billyboy
    Free Member

yes

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I get 12 months of it.

Mental Welsh bird see, innit?

lucien

I raise you workshop, to add to cave, heating and bike rack 😯

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Thanks bunnyhop 🙂

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Any room in this cave? I’m a good cook and can help build the bike shed 😀
    We have patches where I shake my head and wonder what goes on in her head. But 90% of the time she is the greatest. Luckily we are going through a great patch.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

a big cave could be needed !

simonm
    Free Member

spooky.. was just about to start a thread titled wifes are mental… must be something with tonight.

Only mentioned I wanted to stay out next Wednesday night as I didnt realise that the Jedi coarse on Thursday was frikin miles from Sheffield and she went bonkers… I mean, its not like I’ve spent £12k on bikes or anything is it….

MoreCashThanDash

A mate and I have a plan to buy a cheap terrace nearby for these moments – referred to as the “DadPad”. Big telly in the front room, bike workshop in the back room.

Mine’s been better the last couple of months – returned to part time work after 8 years of childcare, started a bit of jogging to get ready for the sport relief mile, finally agreed to change my car, been quite nice. Mind you, I’m doing way more helping round the house/school runs etc now she is working, which is screwing my own work into the ground, big time!

Mind you, she went off on a random one at the weekend, saying if I bought another bike she’d leave me and the kids – normally she just threatens to throw me out, so at least the terms have improved.

And this time there were witnesses!

jota180
    Free Member

My missus is walking around ranting at the moment about everyone taking her for granted
    Don’t know what’s keeping her though, she normally brings me a tea before now when I’m in my office

Coyote
    Free Member

It’s like group therapy. No longer do I feel alone.

*Virtual hugs and reassuring pats on the shoulders all round*

darrell
    Free Member

any room in this cave for me

I can tell stories about Norway and know how to hunt

paulosoxo
    Free Member

She’s not pregnant is she? There’s nothing so nuts as a newly pregnant wife.

MikeG

I can bring beer to the cave if there’s room for one more.

I had the silent treatment yesterday evening because on Thursday night after getting the kids to bed I spent the rest of the evening in the kitchen washing up, cleaning and doing all the ironing, she stomped in at about 9:45 and said if I couldn’t be bothered to sit with her (probably in silence in the living room while she watches some dross on tv) then she may as well go to bed. I wouldn’t mind so much but at xmas she moaned that I never helped round the house and just sat in front of the telly all night!

After 15 years together I still have no idea how her mind works.

jota180
    Free Member

After 15 years together I still have no idea how her mind works.

Study carefully

KT1973
    Free Member

I hears ya MikeG, although my Mrs is non-stop cleaning & tidying etc but when she watches tv it’ll be anything cookery related, followed by soaps, reality tv and then CSI type stuff none of which I’d particularly want to see. She’s a nightmare when she’s had a drink, doesn’t like mtb etc and turns into a fvckin dragon with PMT.
    But we still have loads in common and get along great most of the time.

jota180
    Free Member

Quick tip from 25 yearer here

Just tell them to “calm down” when they get a bit boisterous, they’ll take your advice on board and be back to normal in no time

Trust me

gearfreak
    Free Member

Reading this I’m feeling really quite lucky!

emma82
    Free Member

I have a mental week about once a month. Top tip, when you are getting grief, don’t turn around and say ‘awwwww got the painters in?!’ – it will only lead to more grief.

zokes
    Free Member

Walking off and leaving her to stew seems to be a workable short-term solution here. Yet to work out a legal longer-term solution….

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

she is definitely not pregnant !

highclimber
    Free Member

mine goes mental about not tidying up after myself when cooking or something – she doesn’t even give me chance to finish what I am doing before haiving a moan about said mess!

‘Tidy as you go’, she says.
    I prefer to tidy when finished eating!

neilthewheel

My wife really did go bonkers. On the anti-psychotics now 🙁

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

High Climber – You need to leave her to do the cleaning if she does that. She’ll soon learn that cleaning up after your’ve finished eating is far better than not cleaning up at all. If she doesnt learn then its win win.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Mine is very nice about going nuts for a week per month and takes evening primrose which actually does seem to help her. I have the code red app on my phone which helps me enormously!

leec247
    Free Member

She’s normally brilliant but she’s 6 months pregnant now so she’s all over the place

Oh well normality will soon return. I just head out on my bike if she gets too stressed cause for some reason she doesn’t mind me riding????

pottsathome
    Free Member

I realise am in for a bad time when I wake up on a Sunday morning and the wife is making our bed when am in it.

simonm
    Free Member

there has to be more to life than this treatment… today was worse TBH.
    FFS, I make £50+k per year, nice house – holiday every year, survived all that through recession, don’t go on the piss with mates (ever), honestly I think I’m pretty OK but the treatment is getting shitty. I just wanna ride once a week and do 1 or 2 weekends away a year…but that appears to be intolerable behaviour akin to wife beating.

New spreadsheet started : House value – Mortgage outstanding / 2 = amount left for my own house.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Wifes/girlfriends/boyfriends/partners is it the month the otherhalf is bonkers ?’ is closed to new replies.