Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • Wife's Birthday – I asked what she wanted…
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

… and she said “Nothing”

Do I risk it?

What did she mean by “Nothing”, where can I get it and what does it cost?

Apparently it is not a handbag, mobile phone or steam mop and I am not allowed any more questions

stevied
    Free Member

If you do get what she asked for you WILL be in for it. Nothing to a woman usually means ‘A lot of nice things’ (in my experience I hasten to add)

tinsy
    Free Member

Baby.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Are you gonna get it delivered to her place of work for extra effect?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Think back to the last time she bought something, you asked about it and she replied ‘Oh, that? It’s nothing’

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

tinsy – That would be pushing it given how late I have left it

Junkyard
    Free Member

Nothing is clearly what she wants so in order to make her happy you should do as she asks…what could possibly go wrong?

unklehomered
    Free Member

You’re already in trouble for having to ask.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

New ironing board or a set of pots n pans should keep her happy.

binners

Its a clever female hidden answer, which means the opposite of the words stated.

In the same way nothing strikes fear into a mans heart like the words ‘I’m fine’, when you’ve just asked if she’s ok, as she looks a bit miffed?

Anyway…. get her an iron, or a pressure cooker

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Last time I had to ask she said “Buy me something expensive that I don’t really need”

Apparently a course of chemotherapy wasn’t what she had in mind

tomhoward

What ever you do, get the best Nothing that money can buy as anything less says that, frankly, you just don’t care enough.

Good luck chap.

organic355
    Free Member

Local health spa around? get her a voucher for a pamper day/massage.

added bonus is that you get a free day to ride your bike while she is there.

VanMan
    Free Member

Surprise her with a two night break in the Lake District, that way if you get it wrong you can at least go riding.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I have a rule in my home, anyone who says “nothing” or “don’t know” in response to this question either gets bike bits or something for a PS3.

tinsy
    Free Member

WCA, you never know… old dad here 47 with a 3 year old… it happens.

Nothing could mean, nothing you can buy, in normal circles I would think its “baby” for sure.

brakes
    Free Member

give her your car.
    you know, that ladies one you bought.
    then you can buy yourself a proper man’s car like waswas’s brother’s.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Think quickly-unless you really want to re-acquaint yourself with A&E
    It’s natures perverse way of testing us males to see if we are fit for purpose.

senorj

“nothing” = LOADS.& flowers.
    ha. 😀

gwaelod
    Free Member

weekend in Centreparcs

tomhoward

weekend in Centreparcs

😆 PMSL!

brakes
    Free Member

weekend in Centreparcs

are we talking the mumsnet version? 😆

br
    Free Member

Cook something good tonight, along with a quality bottle of plonk.

And perfume is usually a no-lose option.

tonyd

irelanst
    Free Member

You need to think back very carefully over the last month (or two) there will be clues;

Internet left on repeatedly at a particular shoe site? Comment about her favourite perfume nearly running out? A remark about a nice dress she’s seen whilst shopping with so and so – this one’s really cunning because by dropping the name of the accomplice, she knows that you know someone who knows exactly which dress it was. Looking in a mirror for ages and then asking if you can see any wrinkles?

If all else fails, pearl necklace!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Can you remember the very first thing you bought her?

Buy it again.

G’teed to hit the spot.

sharkbait
    Free Member

She wants “nothing” – which means she’s already bought everything she wants. It’s now up to you to now buy her something she didn’t know she wanted…. like a new drill 😉

edit:

And perfume is usually a no-lose option.

Really?? Brave in my books.

m1kea
    Free Member

Can’t believe no one has suggested a pearl necklace………..

joolsburger
    Free Member

Get her a dildo then if she no like she can %%%%%%%%%%% herself.

hora
    Free Member

Nothing means shes annoyed with you and really feels like you don’t make an effort with birthdays etc.

Go overkill, act bored then hit her with a great present. Seriously.

I know the thinking, MrsHora is like this..

scaredypants

sort it out, WCA or she’ll grease the stepladder again

(actually, why not give her life insurance – yours !?)

unknown
    Free Member

See, I have the opposite problem. It’s my birthday soon and seeing as I don’t really consider being born as a particularly big achievement I would be entirely happy to ignore the whole sorry spectacle. The current mrs unknown does not understand this and insists that she can’t get me “nothing” and we simply have to go out to dinner with family to celebrate. Then I get in trouble for not giving her any good ideas of what to get me or where to go! I’ve tried to explain, over the course of many years, that the present I really want is for no mention to be made of the birthday, but it doesn’t compute.

yossarian
    Free Member

picolax

davosaurusrex

Mobile access tower.

sandwicheater

Is it an anagram?

Thong In?

Pants, she wants uncomfortable pants.

rocketman
    Free Member

OP you’re over-thinking this

She said nothing leave it at that

popstar
    Free Member

Joolsburger +1, them things spice up your life no end.

No woman has enough of Swarovski bits, you can’t go wrong with that. But if thats too common then pearl necklace.

samuri
    Free Member

Get her nothing.

Then she’ll realise she has to tell you what she wants, she’ll apologise, accept she is getting nothing for her birthday this year and you’ll both move on quite happily. There will be no come backs or retribution and next year her answer won’t be ‘nothing’.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I have called my OH’s bluff on this. I always say to her to drop some hints, or let me know what she wants, as I hate buying things she’ll likely not need/want only to find them discarded a month later.

Last year, I asked her repeatedly what she wanted, and got back “nothing” in return, every time. So, I did just that, got her nothing.

It didn’t go down well, there were some tears, despite me reminding her how many times I’d asked her. She told her friends, they gave me grief when they saw me, even my friends winced and inhaled sharply when I told them.

So to summarise. Buy her something. Even if she doesn’t like it, you can at least claim you made the effort.

beaker

Some sort of nice mountain bike component/accessory that you’ve had your eye on would do? When she says she doesn’t want it, you can then have it?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Wife's Birthday – I asked what she wanted…’ is closed to new replies.