Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Wife Threatening To Make Me Sleep On My Own
  • tyke
    Free Member

My snoring is getting on my wife’s nerves. She’s a light sleeper and apparently my snoring is bad enough for her to consider that we should sleep in separate bedrooms. Now it’s not bad enough for me to need an operation or anything and the anti-snoring mouthguard I have is not very effective.

So does anybody have any experience with custom moulded earplugs – will they be any good for her in blocking out the noise I make.

glupton1976
    Free Member

My wife snores like hell, so I choose to sleep in a different room. Doesnt get in the way of anything else and we both get a good nights kip.

restless
    Free Member

I don’t blame her! My ex used to snore every night, drove me nuts!

Is it better if you sleep on your side?
    A tennis ball sown into a t shirt is the way to stop you laying on your back 🙂

Sodajim

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. Get your own bedroom with no one hogging the duvet, x box, bongo films etc, etc

argoose
    Free Member

^^^
    +1

slowmart
    Free Member

Go and buy a new bike.

I mean what else can she do!

jools182
    Free Member

+1 sodajim 🙂

winston_dog
    Free Member

This may sound crazy but a lot of people find that if they go on a low carb diet it really helps. It worked for me.

Google it and some people think it may be a reaction to wheat.

maccruiskeen

So does anybody have any experience with custom moulded earplugs

has she tried non custom moulded ones? Theres no real reason for them to be custom.

br
    Free Member

No problem as long as you leave the wet patch in her bed 🙂

mt
    Free Member

Drink less beer, it worked for me. Unfortunately.

Phil_H

These things work for me.
    Earsoft fx
    Blocks out most noise but need to be replaced every couple of weeks.

Edric64
    Free Member

Snoring Ring.

A snoring arsehole ? 😯

tyke
    Free Member

She’s tried the foam and wax ones and doesn’t find them very comfortable.

The pleasures of sleeping in the same bed outweigh the dubious benefits of having my own room. However, if somebody could tell what Bongo films are that might swing it the other way.

CountZero

A snoring arsehole ?

That was uncalled for! 😉

althepal

The stick on nose strips helped me a bit..

nealglover
    Free Member

However, if somebody could tell what Bongo films are that might swing it the other way.

This is one of my favourites ! …… Enjoy 😉

tyke
    Free Member

Edric – that’s spooky, have you’ve been listening in on our conversations.

wrecker
    Free Member

She’s a light sleeper and apparently my snoring is bad enough for her to consider that we should sleep in separate bedrooms.

What time is it?
    OH, IT’S W*NK O CLOCK!!!!!
    fapfapfapfapfap

stevewhyte
    Free Member

However, if somebody could tell what Bongo films are that might swing it the other way.
    This is one of my favourites ! …… Enjoy

http://youtu.be/YzdcHbCDPhU

I quite fancy that!

theotherjonv

What time is it?
    OH, IT’S W*NK O CLOCK!!!!!
    fapfapfapfapfap

That’s no fun in separate beds. It’s far more entertaining trying to knock one out while she’s asleep next to you. Extra points if you can get your hand up her pyjama top at the same time without her noticing.

wrecker
    Free Member

That’s no fun in separate beds. It’s far more entertaining trying to knock one out while she’s asleep next to you.

You like to live on the edge too, eh?
    Triple score if you manage to get it in her hair without her waking. Quadruple score for achieving a “monkeyface”.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Speak to your GP and see if he’ll refer you to a sleep clinic.

Does wife with say you ever sound like you’re choking or you stop breathing? You may have Sleep Apnea.

For mild snoring you can get Mandibular Advancement devices but the ones that work need to be custom made, usually by dentists, and cost hundreds.

Also do an online Epworth questionnaire, it’s usually the starting point for identifying sleep issues in most services.

spchantler
    Free Member

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. Get your own bedroom with no one hogging the duvet, x box, bongo films etc, etc

sodajim, you misspelt bong….

nicko74

bongo film

or

??

hora
    Free Member

18yr old Czech au pair will solve this.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Quadruple score for achieving a “monkeyface”.

does it count if they are pissed cachid ?– i suppose the fun would be the dried taught skin that might feel funny– i tell my missus that its better than those anti wrinkle creams

acidchunks

Sounds very familiar! I snore, my missus is an insomniac. 🙁

She uses boots own brand boots wax earplugs, they’re not expensive but she says they’re the best she’s used.

If you smoke then think about stopping, or go electronic. It won’t get rid of the snoring but it could improve matters, certainly did for me!

oh and +1 for snore ring, actually works and that’s coming from a cynical ****. 30 quid may seem like a lot but they really are worth it.

hth.

wrecker
    Free Member

does it count if they are pissed cachid ?

HELL YEAH

patriotpro
    Free Member

Xmas pressy sorted – Big box of earplugs, hell they even do em in pink. 😉

feckless
    Free Member

Same problem here. Used to snore just when I’d been drinking, now almost all the time.

Have been trying a cheapo (nz$100) Mandibular Advancement thing called ZQuiet which seems to work well, but does have some slightly unsettling side-effects.

Basically, it makes me drool like an ageing DJ in a morgue, and it does cause some tooth pain. My lower teeth can be noticeably loose for an hour or so after I remove the device, which is a concern.

f

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Are you a bit of a porker? If you are then losing a bit of weight may well help alleviate the snoring.

piemonster

For goodness sake, MTFU and do her a massive favour and sleep in a different room until you get this sorted.

You loud snorers are a ******* nightmare, doesn’t mean she no longer loves you.

piemonster

And get an XBOX in there

sweepy
    Free Member

Get your own room, snore all you want.
    I think seperate rooms may have saved my relationship, we certainly like each other more.

tyke
    Free Member

At least I’m not alone. So bit more insight. Have a mandibular advancement device – worked for a while and then didn’t seem to be effective. Don’t smoke or drink, not overweight. Don’t have sleep apnoea. I do sleep on my back though, mainly due to a dodgy shoulder. Will need to look at trying to sleep on my one good side.

May well try the snore ring.

eugeo81
    Free Member

I have the same problem.. My other half also wears earplugs due to my snoring. I went to doctors and hospital and had mine checked out with sleep tests etc. Consultant offered cutting tonsils and cutting my palette in my throat or something. But I gave that a body-swerve and Im a bit of a porker, but just finished my new bike build after a bit of a cycling sabbatical, so hopefully a bit of weight loss from me will help her get a better nights sleep 😆

Marge
    Free Member

And another one… 😳
    My mrs has slept in ear plugs for years now.
    No-one else ever complained about my snoring (from ex-GF’s through to mates) but it’s an issue for her.
    It was worse before I shook off a few extra kilos
    The ‘off-the-shelf’ ear plugs generally fix the issue but if I have a cold or blocked nose I am sometimes banished to the spare room (which actually has a nicer bed) 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

Lose weight. Porkers snore more. If you can’t lose weight get a road bike, then you’ll lose weight.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Wife Threatening To Make Me Sleep On My Own’ is closed to new replies.