Wife not happy with Christmas Gift advice please

Home Forum Chat Forum Wife not happy with Christmas Gift advice please

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Wife not happy with Christmas Gift advice please
  • blastit

Thought I would help my wife out this year, so brought her some Halo sports wash to help her stop removing the DWR coating from my cycling gear.
    Not my best move, it did not go down well.

samuri

We agreed that since we’re working hard to get rid of all credit accumulated during our house move, we would spend only a small amount on each other this year.

Cue ‘Where’s my tickets to see Strictly like you get me every year?????’ from my wife followed by ‘Since you forgot, I’ve bought them on my credit card’

Don’t ask me, I’ve just got back from returning two out of the three prezzies I got her.

trail_rat

My bib trews and merino polo neck went down a treat….. As i expected as she is doing the puffer in a female pair this year she will be needing them

jekkyl

Exchange it for an iron?

Premier Icon tomd
    Subscriber

Was she angry because it does in fact remove the DWR coating or because you bought her a cleaning product?

For what it’s worth she might have been happier with Nikwax Techwash for preserving that DWR.

troll, gotta be…

1/10

Premier Icon imnotverygood
    Subscriber

Get another wife?

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

The jury is still out on whether the entry to the Balmoral 15 mile trail race is a success 😕

Premier Icon tomd
    Subscriber

The jury is still out on whether the entry to the Balmoral 15 mile trail race is a success

It’s a risky one. On one hand it says “you’re getting out of shape” and on the other it says that you care.

toxicsoks

You can never go wrong with a new ironing board cover.

* I may be stretching the truth, a bit, there* 8)

Jamie

Not my best move, it did not go down well.

You’re not supposed to drink it.

Duggan

Got my g/f some of those ghd hair straighteners, £100 a pair?! Checked her stuff in the bedroom and she had some crappy old straighteners that look decimated so thought I was on safe ground.

Nope, it turns out the ones I saw in the bedroom were her other straighteners and that she already has ghd’s.

This faux pas was kind of made worse by the fact that she got me really good presents.

samuri

I can’t work out what the ascii text is. I can see a hand…

Oh! is it a facepalm?

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

I got an iPad Retina. I got Mrs Kryton a onesie.

Made worse by the fact my new Hope/Crest wheels turned up today. 😐

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Oh! is it a facepalm?

Premier Icon ampthill
    Subscriber

I bought 4 mugs costing £2.5o each wish went down well and got nothing in return

we are hoping to squeeze in another cottage break out of the money saved

my low point was a direct replacement for a knackered tyre, fitted. That was for a birthday and didn’t go down well

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Wife not happy with Christmas Gift advice please’ is closed to new replies.