Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Wife just bumped the care, and it is my fault…
  • franksinatra

…yes dear, of course it is 🙄

She just reversed out the driveway and hit a car parked on the street. My fault apparently as I had put the wheelie bin at the end of the drive and she had to concentrate to avoid the bin, therefore did not see the parked car.

Sooo, rough estimate for getting a rear panel pushed out on an oldish fiesta (parked car) and smallish scratch repair, any ideas?

xcgb
    Free Member

Hah ha I feel your pain in the blame game you are destined to lose as a man!
    🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Are you married to my wife?
    It was may fault last week when dear wife wiped out the little dwarf wall separating the drives as I’d parked the car too close to it.
    In reality DRIVE A BIT FURTHER BEFORE TURNING STEERING WHEEL!!!

franksinatra

I’m not usually one for stereotyping but, I am sure that, in the history of motoring, no bloke has ever bumped a car then phoned his wife up at work and said “that was your fault luv.”

franksinatra

The actual bump/crash doesn’t really annoy me that much. To be fair, I’ve very nearly done the same thing myself as no-one usually parks there and I’m usually running late, arguing with kids over seatbelts and eating toast as I shoot backwards out of the driveway. I know, kids face blah blah blah. I just wouldn’t then instantly blame her for it!

njee20
    Free Member

May I suggest these to you?

ourmaninthenorth

Was also blamed for her damaging my car in a public car park she uses every day when I was 40 miles away..!

johndoh
    Free Member

I was once blamed by my wife for her badly scuffing an alloy wheel. Her reasoning? ‘You make me stress about not scuffing them so I concentrate too much on kerbs then hit them.’

coolhandluke
    Free Member

As my wife reversed, quickly, at a petrol station, concerned for our well being, I looked at her, she was looking through the windscreen, straight ahead!

😯

I looked behind and saw a wall between the forecourt and boundary wall with the entrance to the car wash in between, where the underground petrol tanks get filled from!

I shouted at her to stop, she stopped and then shouted at me for scaring her!

Women eh! I just keep my gob shut there’s days usually. The last time I mentioned somehting like this, she was about to kerb her alloy so I told her, she said “no I’m not” right before that grinding sound you hear when you kerb an alloy. It was my fault then too.

Harry_the_Spider

My wife put hers into our 4ft high stone gate post because next door’s van wasn’t parked out side their house. This was my fault.

When I hit it with my car it was my fault.

Post is now painted white with reflective tape on it.

TheFlyingOx

Not just wives. Women in general.
    When my sister was looking after my RX7 for a couple of weeks, she filled it with diesel. It was apparently my fault because I’d confused her by telling her it only took V-Power or Tesco Momentum99.

She then added on the cost of having the tank drained and refilled to the fortnights-worth fuel bill she expected me to pay as a thank you for “taking care of it”.

The minds boggles.

johndoh
    Free Member

Ahh, but was the van parked outside their house when you had your bump?

avdave2

The actual bump/crash doesn’t really annoy me that much. To be fair, I’ve very nearly done the same thing myself as no-one usually parks there and I’m usually running late, arguing with kids over seatbelts and eating toast as I shoot backwards out of the driveway. I know, kids face blah blah blah. I just wouldn’t then instantly blame her for it!

Can you post up your address – if I can avoid 2 idiots at once on the roads that would be most helpful – thanks.

br
    Free Member

Frank lives in the Royal Burgh 🙂

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Yep, my sister tried to move my ‘useable’ classic car out of the way of her car (long double garage)… couldn’t start it so decideed to push it out of the garage then run around and jump in before it rolled down the (relatively steep) drive.
    She failed and my car rolled away and mounted the low brick wall that runs the length of the the drive, knocking her over in the process as she tried climbing into the drivers seat of a moving vehicle.

Not only was it my fault that she tore open the rear 1/4 of my car on the wall because I had a ‘rubbish car’ that she couldn’t start, but it was also thereform my fault that she nearly ran herself over in the process of being completely blond.

Brilliant

Northwind

It’s not just a girl thing, my dad drove into my car once and blamed me for not parking where I usually do.

peterfile
    Free Member

dirk….that’s brilliant!!!! 😆

hels
    Free Member

Former boyfriend (and certified maddo, if I’m being honest) tried to blame me when he ran into the back of a car in traffic in Spain. I should have realised what was happening and reached across and grabbed the handbrake. Doh !

It didn’t help that the driver of the other car was a local police, who called all his pals to come and laugh.

So it’s not just the girls.

hels
    Free Member

P.S am I the only person who observes the Never Reverse Out of a Driveway Cos its Dangerous, Rule ??

Reverse in, Forward out. Always.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Chap who works for me got a speeding ticket for a car that’s registered to him, but only driven by his wife .
    The only problem was he was at work at the time….but it’s his fault?

nealglover
    Free Member

P.S am I the only person who observes the Never Reverse Out of a Driveway Cos its Dangerous, Rule ??

I reverse out of driveways all the time, it’s not that dangerous if you use your eyes 😉

But some of the people posting above should really have reverse (and most of the other gears) disabled by the sound of it.

tinybits
    Free Member

Only since I reversed out and into my neighbours car 2 weeks ago. I’ve only lived here 6weeks!!

neilc1881
    Free Member

At uni I was working for a local pizza place delivering, got reversed into by some old duffer as he swung off his drive because “no-one parks there at night”. Obviously the lights that were left clearly were not bright enough for his cataract fogged eyesight.
    Oh and my sister reversed straight into a parked car while reversing without looking behind to avoid a rat that was running towards her car!

sobriety
    Free Member

My ex reversed my car straight off the drive and into a passing ford transit, while I stood by shouting “NOOOO!”

Apparently this was my fault, but the transit driver thought it was his, so I did nothing to dissuade him!

hels
    Free Member

I am 5ft nothing, I can’t see shit out the back of a car. Would rather reverse into a parking space or driveway, less likely to hit small children on the way in than the way out is my logic.

I think it might be in the Road Code too.

MoreCashThanDash

I only discovered there were several deep scratches in the rear of my NEW car when I asked her why there was a couple of bottles of car polish on the side in the garage…….. she’d been trying to polish them out. Two years later I am still waiting for the damage to what was my new car to be sorted.

Any dents in her car are usually sorted quite quickly. 👿

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anyone else reading the title and thinking of the OP’s wife getting jiggy with the home help?

Sandwich

Hels said “P.S am I the only person who observes the Never Reverse Out of a Driveway Cos its Dangerous, Rule ??”

Not just you Hels the Highway Code used to recommend not reversing onto the highway when I learned to drive.

Edit It still does rule 201 for those interested.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

the highway code does say that you shouldn’t reverse out of driveways. tbh why would you not reverse into a driveway? you have to go backwards at some point so why not do it on the way in?

sargey

My wife reversed into a guy’s car outside the local chip shop then told him it was his fault as he was not there when she went in.
    Picture a very confused man scratching his head,looking at his creased bumper after getting a broadside from the wife.

simmy
    Free Member

One of my mates reversed into a fire engine. Apparantly he’d stopped for some fags on way work, got back in the car, started engine and dropped his lighter.

Whilst digging his lighter out from beneath the seat the firemen parked behind and went into the shop. Matey reversed without looking despite him spending a minute or so digging his lighter out. His excuse ” wasn’t there when I got back into my car ”

One of my students bought her first car. On driving home being supervised by her mum it started snowing. She came to a mini roundabout and, because of the snow, the other traffic had gone over the white circle leaving tyre tracks.

Instead of using her common and doing the same because of the weather, she steered around the white circle which, on this roundabout is tight at the best of times and slid off the road and into a lamppost.

That was my fault for teaching her correctly to go round the circle of mini roundabouts when possible.

colp

I’ve got a Ducati1098s, my pride and joy.
    Bright red of course, white race plate on the nose, gold ohlins, shiny.
    Last summer went to work on it, came home, put it on the drive while I nipped into the house to take my jacket off…

Boom, my beloved reversed her car straight into it.
    Entirely my fault for being home early and leaving it on the drive.
    I was super calm about it, she went mental.

Northwind

jonah tonto – Member

the highway code does say that you shouldn’t reverse out of driveways. tbh why would you not reverse into a driveway?

You’re all welcome to have a go at reversing mine into the drive. It’s mathematically possible but nobody’s ever managed it. I got pretty close but I feel like driving into the flowerbed makes it a fail, overall.

OTOH I can reverse out safely so that’s OK.

molgrips
    Free Member

Apparently. It’s not such a big deal in a cul-de-sac but I see loads of people trying to reverse out of driveways onto busy fast roads, past big walls and hedges. FFS!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

My Mrs blamed me the other day for standing on an important piece of paper that was on the floor of her car when I got in, in the dark. It seems that her inability to look after important things, is my fault.

She also took a nice book that she had bought me for Christmas on a long car journey and left it in my car, when it was discovered a few days later, a bit scuffed about, it was my fault for not taking care of it. 🙄

On another note, my sister spent years joining motorways and dual carriageways believing it was the cars already on the road that had to give way to her.

It wasn’t until she nearly killed us both that this came to light. 😯

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I was super calm about it, she went mental.

You are not me, and I claim my £5.

I’d have gone banzai.

Northwind

It’s only an S, nothing to get worked up about 😉

(I’d have been building a new patio.)

instanthit
    Free Member

Had an incident where i reversed out of a parking bay in a service station and touched bumpers with another car doing the same thing, minor scratch, agree with the other driver its a 50-50 no big deal and about to go on our way all amicable. Wife gets out of the car having a “moment” about insurance details etc, etc. Calls me a W****r for not taking his details.
    Had the father in law the car who kept very quiet, think she scared him too, until later in the journey when he says “that was a 50-50”. To this day she wont agree.
    Needless to say all the dents in the boot and side panel are from the wife “not seeing the wall, and bollards”! I always make a “never mind its only a scratch” comment.

MrsToast
    Free Member

My brother’s knocked off eight wing mirrors:

Five off his own cars, always the left hand side. Twice on the same corner on the quiet country lane my mom lives in – the road narrows slightly, and there’s a fence on the left hand side. My brother goes too quick and pulls left when he realises there’s an oncoming car. The others came off in similar circumstances – trying to push through a gap where there wasn’t enough space.

One off a taxi driver’s car – my brother was in a right hand filter lane going a bit quick when the taxi driver started to pull out slightly from the left hand land, which was a massive queue. Technically the taxi driver’s fault, but my brother was speeding and probably a bit too left of the lane.

One off a random parked car – he blamed my dad, because my dad said, “Yeah, you’ve got room”. He did actually have room, but he didn’t take advantage of it and was a bit too left…

One off his wife’s car.

I love him to bits, but he doesn’t seem to realise that speed + big car + lack of patience + lack of spatial awareness = bad combination…

CountZero

Reverse in, Forward out. Always.

No, you’re not, and yes, absolutely. My front parking area has a hedge on the right, which means it’s very difficult to see anything coming up the road, on my side of the road, coupled with the fact that next door, despite having space for three cars, always seem to have other vehicles parked outside their house, so I actually have to have my front wheels on the road to stand any chance I’d seeing anything coming towards me. Since I now have the only car on the front, I’ve moved it to the other side, by the front path, to give me a little more view down the road.
    I really wish I lived in the country, and could drive straight in without bothering about other people.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Wife just bumped the care, and it is my fault…’ is closed to new replies.