Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wife bought some Ugg Boots off one of them dodgy sites reported recently on news
  • TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Yes i know, i think they are horrid too.

Anyhow, she paid by CCard through paypal. What are the implications of getting the money back through Paypal or Ccard company

ivnickkate
    Free Member

My friend works at a shop where they sell Ugg boots, and they have had 6 pairs handed in so far. Apparently, the Ccard companies require an authorised dealer/shop to confirm that the boots are fakes. Hope this helps.

grievoustim
    Free Member

you have to talk to paypal first

talk to/ e-mail them/ whatever – but get some kind of record, copy of email, person on the phone's name whatever.

If paypal can't, wont do anything – go to your cc company. If you haven't already drawn a blank with Paypal they probably won't help you

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

We havent recived anything. Not even a fake pair.

So its paypal first then 🙁 Was hoping it would be CC company 1st

fubar
    Free Member

in OZ Ugg boots is a 'generic' term so if the site is Australian /NZ (Which some are) they are not fake…perhaps not the brand expected..(assumes you receive anything)…that's my understanding when looking at this

Teetosugars
    Free Member

which site did you order them from??

myheadsashed

fubar UGG Australia is a trademark in the same way nike or prada is.
    If they ain't made by them they're fake goods.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Divorce? That would be my approach…

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

My wife has talked about these and I'll be getting her a pair for Christmas.
    I've looked at many websites and also have family in NZ that could send a pair over but I think for peace of mind I'll just buy from a store and haggle a deal on a pair of UGG Australia (US owned, made in China) boots.

Muddy@rseTony
    Free Member

My wife ordered a pair, from one of the knock off sites, a few weeks ago just before the BBC article and mass web site take down. As they were a xmas present I told her to order another pair from H-of-F for nearly three times the money but with the assurance they would arrive and be genuine.

The chinese pair arrived a day after the uk sourced one's and they are practically identical! With a 'real' pair to compare against you can tell the others are not quite right but it's not like the difference between a certain DX light and the real thing.

Albanach
    Free Member

I've recently used the following websites fo EMU slippers which are similar to UGGs:

Nature Shop

West-Way I'm pretty sure they've got 20% off at the minute with the code FREE09 but don't hold me to that cos I deleted the email.

TooTall
    Free Member

You could always buy British and get a great product. I got a pair of these about 12 years ago for post-surfing warmth. They are still going strong:

Celtic Sheepskin

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah, the Celtic Sheepskin ones are nice, I bought MrsPP and myself a pair form here last year http://www.kiwi-sheepskins.com/ and they are superb quality. The Ugg Australia ones are cheap tat compared to those and about £50 a pair more!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wife bought some Ugg Boots off one of them dodgy sites reported recently on news’ is closed to new replies.