• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by isoo.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • widest fitting (not disco slippers) spd shoes.
  • ton

having a problem with my fused ankle. my foot is kind of rolling over a bit on flat pedals, causing a lot of pain on the top outside of my foot.

so I am thinking of giving spd shoes another go. I need a very wide fitting one. things like giro, sidi and shimano are not wide enough, tried em all in the past.
    I bought some northwave arctic boots a few years ago, they were wide enough, but I struggled to get em on with the club foot. not bending to pull em on.
    also tried wolvehammers last winter. again wide enough, but because the foot don’t bend, it creates no warmth, and the boots insulated a very cold foot hence keeping it cold.

so wide fitting spd shoes, anyone?

zilog6128

Lake do wide and extra-wide fitting shoes (but the latter are very expensive and a bit disco-y rather than looking like a 5-10 or something)

trailwagger
    Free Member

I have some pearl izumi x-alp divide which are very wide, not the stiffest sole and excellent off the bike. I wore them for 8 hours a day both days last weekend without issue.

DM52
    Free Member

I have 2 pairs of Sidi ‘mega’ fit. So far they have been the only brand wide enough for me. I acknowledge that you tried Sidi’s before but were they the Mega variant?

They probably are not the warmest of shoes though 🙁

pirahna
    Free Member

I’ve been through the card on wide shoes, currently using a standard fit Fizik, the best fitting mtb shoe I’ve owned in a long time the fit is on par with North Wave winter boots.

Other shoes I’ve tried but not got along with are Sidi Mega, Lake wide fit, Giro high volume. There’s a few more that I can’t remember at the moment. I’ve got a pair of Specialized wide fit road shoes I bought in the US which are a superb fit, on par with my Fizik MTB shoes.

k1100t
    Free Member

You want Lake’s, all day, every day… Either 2xx or 4xx series, as they’re wider than the 3xx series. Check the sizing chart, then look at the Wide fit, or Extra Wide fit, if the standard ones aren’t enough. You can buy off the Lake website and they’re shipped from the European warehouse, or you have to get your DuckDuckGo-fu out…

I’ve got CX 237 Wide and MX 237 Endurance Wide and have no complaints. To the point where I’ll never buy another brand of cycling shoes. My feet are wider than a wide thing, SIDI, Shimano, Mavic et al’s wide fit is laughably anything but.

jimdubleyou

Have you tried Giro HV (high volume) shoes?

I like mine, but I have a high arch rather than a super wide foot…

fazzini

I use Specialized Sport MTB shoes and only had to go up 1/2 size. My right foot is a very wide fit, but these surprised me with how comfy they were. Also weren’t too expensive comparatively speaking.

ads678

My feet are not wiiiide, but they aren’t narrow either. I use 5 Ten District spd’s for all mtbing now and they are very comfy look fairly ‘normal’ and a bit weather proof as well.

https://www.evanscycles.com/five-ten-district-clips-shoe-EV359297

isoo
    Free Member

I can vouch for Lakes too. Sidi Megas are way too narrow, but the MX237 Wides I have are pretty much the best fitting shoes that I’ve ever worn outside of bike shoes too. Bit slippery though, in form and in practice, as they are fairly horrible to walk on anything that isn’t flat.

I’ve been eyeing the MX168 Enduros recently, which look like they would correct the issue on both fronts.

MX 168 Enduro Wide

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘widest fitting (not disco slippers) spd shoes.’ is closed to new replies.