Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Wide range cassette with old school rear mech?
  • Bez

I have a 9 speed setup with a medium cage M750 mech, currently sporting a 32t cassette.

Anyone know whether I’ll have any luck with one of the Sunrace wide range cassettes?

I’m sure it’ll handle 36t but I’m guessing 40t or more would be a bit much.

drewd

I’m running an XT M760 rear mech with a 12-36 cassette. Shifting is fine, but the B screw is maxed out in the frame.  I’d imagine you’d need to run a mount extender like a goat link to run a 40t cassette.

scaredypants

I’ve got a 10sp 40t cassette with an ultegra flat bar 10sp shifter, 9sp xtr mech and a roadlink (I think goatlinks are for newer mechs)

kayla1
    Free Member

I had a Sunrace 9sp 990 40t dinner plate working with a SRAM medium X7 mech on my Flare when I had it if that helps. Probs not…

IvanMTB
    Free Member
    joemmo
    Free Member

thanks for the link to the link Ivan, I’ve been thinking of trying a wide cassete on my 9spd XT mech and that looks like its worth a punt. Plus it has these additional benefits:

Special design and unique structure, a popular item.

You will be more charming and attractive with it.

This product is used for rear derailleur extension,

jakd95
    Free Member

I’m running a 9 speed XT mech (m770) with the Sunrace 11-40 cassette and that works fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Wide range cassette with old school rear mech?’ is closed to new replies.