Wide bar recommendations?

Home Forum Bike Forum Wide bar recommendations?

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Wide bar recommendations?
  • ash.addy

Renthal I love them – got 2 pairs

Premier Icon kiwijohn
    Subscriber

Funn Full on. Come in standard clamp as well.

chvck

I’ll a vote in for Nuke Proof Warheads

Me too. Had no reason to think theres anything better out there than the Warheads… Perfect.

Nukeproof warheads on my bike too.

Sunline are supposed to have a slightly different bend which puts less pressure on the outer edge of your palm.

My specialized bars are ~720mm and actualy feel like a better comprimise than the super wide pars.

ArcticBeast

+1 for the nuke proof

Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

RF Atlas FR, lovely colours and a nice width.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Yeah Sunline V1s are nice at 745mm.

dans160

Sunline V1 745mm here. Very nice and at about the limit for trail riding in terms of width. Easton Havocs are worth a look and can be had for decent price from Merlin especially if you sign up to there VIP ‘club’.

bluebird

RaceFace Atlas FR +1

carbon337

+1 Sunline V1s – Amazon cheapest for 19mm rise at 47 quid.

Fancy trying out something a bit wider, 750ish, maybe wider. Any recommendations or deals out there?

calum

Chromag are very nice but expensive.

Yetiman

I had 745mm sunline V1’s on my big bike and really rate them for width, sweep and overall comfort. They are now on my new hardtail and were replaced with 760mm Nukeproof Warhead bars. I haven’t tried them yet so here’s hoping they are as good as the Sunlines.

jaffejoffer

another Sunline V1 745mm here! tremendous.

and looks well sexual in red !

kudos100

Renthal, Answer or Nukeproof. I’m a Renthal man myself.

grum

I have flat nukeproof 760s on my Pitch, they’re great – going to cut them down to around 730ish I think though.

If you want to go really silly you can get 800s now as well 😯

Premier Icon steveh
    Subscriber

I’ve also got the sunline v1 bars no all my xc and dh bikes, 737 wide though for all mine despite the 745 printed on the bars. Love the shape and prices are reasonable.

trailmonkey

CRC are doing Blackspire 31.8 – 800mm for £34.

bargain.

ilovemygears

sunline V1 really good

toys19

Kore Torsion race or trail trail in 740mm. They are made of 2014 alloy which is a brill alloy to make bars from. I’ll let you find out why, suffice to say that I reckon someone at Kore knows their onions.

Can’t believe that no-ones suggest the Wonderful Easton Havoc 750 or for ridiculous lightness the Easton Carbon Havoc.

Use the former, drool over the latter on my friends V10c.

float

just got hi rise sunline v1 off CRC for £20. even with all the bother theyve been having i couldnt resist that bargain. still waiting for dispatch though…

fazanders

carbon337 – Member
    +1 Sunline V1s – Amazon cheapest for 19mm rise at 47 quid.

I just ordered a set from amazon this morning…..seemed a bit weird ordering bike bits from them but at least i know they’ll turn up soon unlike other well known bike companies….. :mrgreen:

Premier Icon mboy
    Subscriber

Another recent Sunline convertee here too. Only at 711mm wide on mine, but they are a very nice rise/sweep/width I find.

craigxxl

Renthals get my vote. I’m assuming these will be for your Evil Sovereign in which case low rise would be enough.

Jeffus

V1 745 just perfect for between trees, @ Cannock clipped my little fingers a couple of times makes you more accurate 😀

bazza17

Got Renthal fatbar – love it and v. wide. Future classic

Tom83

I like my Deity Dirty Thirty bars.

DeeW

Got a set of easton havocs. Aluminium, uncut 750s. Hardly used. 40 quid posted.

bullheart

Element Nickels if you like ’em flat. Great bar, 780mm

Premier Icon Shackleton
    Subscriber

Sunline V1 745 (x2) here. Really very comfy shape. Not sure I’d want to go much wider on a normal trail bike though, especially if the trails I rode had more trees on. Would also start to feel a bit like being crucified (and I am broad shouldered with gorilla arms)!

mollski

got a brand new pair of nukeproof bars they donot come any wider than theses bud ,there are new in box cost me £50 yours posted £35

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Wide bar recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.