Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Wide 27/650B rims
  • maurizio
    Free Member

Hiya, been looking at building a pair of 650B wheels as the rims i’m currently riding are slowly disintegrating.. buut, i’m really struggling to find any rim only options in 650B flavour that are wide 🙄 by which i mean 26+ internally. The ones I found were the velocity 35, but all reviews said they were soft/dented easily. Stronger the better! So singletrack, please help!

(as an add on, it seems odd -and ruddy frustrating – theres no-one producing such rims considering it should be bang on trend n.b. there are some, but only as part of a complete wheel)

dirtyrider
    Free Member

flow ex is 25.5mm internal

maurizio
    Free Member

Yeah but so’s the pacenti dl31 – i’m hoping to find something a bit wider still! Thank you tho =]

thejesmonddingo

Pacenti dl31 is 26mm intrenal,available in 650b too.

jameso

Flow EX, or just use enough air / don’t be clumsy with P35s )
    ime P35s aren’t as soft as people make out, more that you’re tempted to use much lower pressures and finding a new ideal PSI means a few rim-bumps along the way.

Gee76
    Free Member

How about 40mm, in carbon check out derby rims… Look great…

http://forums.mtbr.com/650b-27-5/650b-x-40mm-carbon-fiber-derby-rims-grand-opening-871009-5.html

Hoping lightbicycle will do some soon too… Maybe a bit cheaper too!

ska-49
    Free Member

You should check out the Derby carbon rims. Cheap (reasonably) and 40mm wide. Seem to be getting some good reviews over on MTBR.

http://forums.mtbr.com/650b-27-5/650b-x-40mm-carbon-fiber-derby-rims-grand-opening-871009.html

matther01
    Free Member

New AM wide lightening seen on stw?

thejesmonddingo

Must read OP

maurizio
    Free Member

Now that Derby rim looks perfect! 😀 but the price.. i know in comparison to eg. Enve it’s excellent but i was hoping to spend nearer light-bicycles money (badgering them to do their wide 26 in 650B style).

Does anyone have any idea what the import price is like with them? i.e. do they get by customs and so they *ahem* only cost £150ish or do you get lumbered with the full vat/import bumping it up to nearer £300!

Jameso – interesting, is this from personal experience? I dont run hugely low pressures, erring on the side of caution so in that regard it shouldnt be too bad.
    Matther01 – it’s only a wheelset option.. on their website it even states they wont make exceptions to sell only rims due to the ‘delicate nature’ and consequently skilled wheel builder needed. pah.

Gee76
    Free Member

Think I paid about £21 or so on my lb rims. Lucky really, mostly admin fee that too annoyingly.

maurizio
    Free Member

interesting, was that for both? These Derby rims are double the price of the lb, so it’s be double the import! But they do look like a dream solution.. hmm..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Wide 27/650B rims’ is closed to new replies.