Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Whyte Winter Series- Thetford
  • coopersport1
    Free Member

I new to riding Thetford, so what is the going like up there? Guess fairly flat!

I hate tyre threads but what tyres?!!! Ralphs if dry, NIcs if wet?

Diane
    Free Member

Yes to tyres. Pedally – no let up -fairly flat, usually a couple of bomb holes thrown in and very friendly 🙂

stumpy01

I use Speed Kings at Thetford in the dry, but a lot do recommend your suggestions, so probably a safe bet.

As Diane mentioned, it’s pretty flat and undulating. There’s very little room for recovery. If it’s wet it can be very hard going, but for the WS1 you should be OK – it was very wet last week, but I don’t think it’s rained much since.

Unfortunately I’ve double booked this weekend so can’t make the WS1, but should be there for the other 3.

slowjo
    Free Member

Ralphs for me all year round (yes, even for D2D this year). The course is riding pretty well and unless we have a biblical style deluge it should be great fun.

Won’t be racing but may bimble over to have a peep.

Luminous
    Free Member

I use Mud X all year round, they suit me fine for TF.

coopersport1
    Free Member

Will put the Ralphs back on then! Thanks for the tips, looking forward to a pedally 4hrs!

stylish
    Free Member

rode it yesterday in the rain, and it was riding really well, no real let up from pedaling though, its a busy lap, and good fun.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Whyte Winter Series- Thetford’ is closed to new replies.