Viewing 28 posts - 241 through 268 (of 268 total)
  • Whyte T130 show and tell
  • lawman91

I tried a 2.6 Nobby Nic in the back of my 2-17 T130C RS and while it fitted it buzzed on the chainstay a little under hard cornering. Running higher pressure helped but kind of defeats the point. A “2.6” Maxxis should be better, as they always come up under sized. Running a 2.35 Maxxis Forekaster at the minute and there is acres of space.

Reliability wise, mine has (touch wood) been pretty much spot on. The shock developed an issues after it was serviced (wouldn’t hold air) so was replaced with a Monarch Plus, and the Guide RS brakes had the dreaded stuck lever syndrome after about 18 months, but otherwise it has been pretty much spot. Bearings are still in good shape and now I’ve got it just how I want it, it’s about perfect 🙂

jamesy01
    Free Member

Can anyone advise what hope BB will fit the T130RS, I’m starting to get an annoying creak from the drive side under load so its probably time to bit the bullet and put something decent in it?

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Cheers lawman91!

Running DHRII 2.6 on my T129 now and was wondering if rubber can be transfered.

I.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lawman91

@jamesy01, depends on the cranks you’re using, if using a 24mm or stepped GXP axle, you’ll need the normal Hope Stainless threaded BB, GXP cranks need a conversion kit, which is what I run on my T130C RS – https://www.hopetech.com/product/threaded/

If using a crank with a 30mm axle you’ll need the bigger 30mm BB (Some Raceface or Hope cranks) – https://www.hopetech.com/product/bottom-bracket-30mm-threaded/

jamesy01
    Free Member

@lawman91, 30mm GPX rings a distant bell…not sure if I’d need the hope converter?

lawman91

GXP is 24/22mm, 30mm in sram speak is BB30, is it the chain set that was stock on the bike? From memory the only 30mm chain sets that Whyte have fitted to the T130 have been Raceface, so if it’s a stock Sram/truvativ crank it will be 24/22mm GXP, there is no 30mm GXP

cupotea

We’ve just picked up a T-130 S and I’m wondering if it’s worth picking up a Rock Guardz downtube protector.  Has anyone used one on one of these?

jamesy01
    Free Member

Yup it’s the stock Raceface Turbine with 30mm spindle.

rascal
    Free Member

Cupotea – not tried one but recently got a few rock strikes on BB and bottom of downtube area on my RS so prob worth going for. I contacted Whyte not long after I bought mine to see if they did one – they do for the carbon frames but not aluminium.

cupotea

Thanks @Rascal. Riding in the Peaks this year I’ve been amazed at the size of rocks (boulder might be a better word) your front tyre can throw up in to your downtube!  The Whyte is for my girlfriend but I’ve just seen they now do one for my Bird too.  Two bits of fancy plastic incoming.

lawman91

@jamesy01 You’ll just need the Hope 30mm BB then 🙂

weeksy

3s slower up a 10 minutes climb on the Whyte than the Parkwood, although it does have tough and heavy carcass tyres on it. However, nearly 2 mins quicker on the way down it! ! Plus, a nice KOM for the rocky descent. It’s a horrible climb though I tell ya!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1771485191

jimmy748

PrinceJohn

Slightly random question – does anyone know the shock size for the 2015 model of this bike?

Mine’s just gone in for a service & it’s eaten itself – contemplating a new one for it.

lawman91

216x63mm shock on all T130’s up to 2019 MY. For 2019 They changed to Metric sizing. My Monarch went off for a service and came back leaking air (twice!) so was replaced with a Monarch Plus as they don’t make the normal Monarch in the right size anymore. Works well, though I do wonder if it needs a lighter tune as per comments earlier in the thread. Cane Creek shocks need a little bodging to make them fit. Fox DPS will work, but DPX2, Float X2 and Float X don’t fit.

Jamze

When my Monarch was swapped out, guy in the LBS said there’s a bit of a disagreement between RS and Whyte as to why they’re failing. RS claiming that Whyte’s frame design is killing them…Whyte say RS should be providing a tune they works on the frame.

PrinceJohn

When my Monarch was swapped out, guy in the LBS said there’s a bit of a disagreement between RS and Whyte as to why they’re failing. RS claiming that Whyte’s frame design is killing them…Whyte say RS should be providing a tune they works on the frame.

So do other models of shocks & bikes do this do we know?

Jamze

Side-loads used to be the problem didn’t they? The later, single-chainring Whytes are supposed to be stiffer though? My early Stumpy FSR used to eat shocks regularly.

PrinceJohn

That would make sense I guess…

superram
    Free Member

216×63 Float X does fit. Swapped out my stock DPS for one on my ‘17 130RS.

vincienup
    Free Member

RS claiming that Whyte’s frame design is killing them…Whyte say RS should be providing a tune they works on the frame.

Hm. I think I’d be inclined to come down on RS’s side on this one as it sounds more like Whyte skimped the testing a bit. As a manufacturer of a plug in module it’s not really up to RS to make it work with Whyte’s frame unless Whyte give them a reason to do so IMO.

cogglepin

Anyone got an opinion on how the Debonair air spring upgrade compares to the original airshaft?
    I have the 130 pikes and was wondering whether it’s worth doing.

motomoto
    Free Member

The Fox DPX2 seems to fit fine on my 2017 T130S,haven’t been for a ride on it though.

Not sure where I’m going to put my water bottle though…

null

motomoto
    Free Member

motomoto
    Free Member

null

lew199
    Free Member

mtbgecko

T130sr
    Had mine a few months now and love it!!

sam1988
    Free Member

My 2019 t130s.mega bike, have a made a few changes to it.

IMG_20191110_154426

IMG_20191110_154453

Viewing 28 posts - 241 through 268 (of 268 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T130 show and tell’ is closed to new replies.