Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whyte t-130rs 2017
  • srm87
    Free Member

Good evening all…

Apologies for the age old question but I’ve scoured the Internet high and low for advice.

My dilemma is that I’ve just laid a deposit for a new t-130rs in xl.

Now coming from a giant trance xl I’ve always found it to be a big unit albeit a comfortable one and always thought I wonder what a large would have felt like.
    If I could identify any flaws I struggled with reach when on an xc ride but this could have been fixed with a stem adjustment.

I’m by no means a small chap with a height of 6ft 3 and an inside leg of 35 inches without shoes.

My ape index is slightly less than my height (understandably there are several variables).

I appreciate there is a common vibe where forum posts are indicative and by no means should be taken as gospel but I would really appreciate some advise from any owners out there and their experience.

With the t-130rs in high demand it’s not as easy as popping down the LBS and trying one for size.

Thanks and I look forward to the responses.

mrchrist

I am 6’2″ with an inside leg of 30″ and have just purchased a large 130rs.

It is an incredible bike. I am riding stuff I would have struggled to ride before like steep tech. The level of control is inspiring, rode at Kinlochleven last weekend and am still glowing from how awesome it was and how the bike pushed me to push myself. I bloody love scotland too:)

Anyway…

Size wise I feel that’s just about the right size for me. I think a XL would be too just a bit too big for me.

The dropper could do with more drop as on some of the steep long descents I was putting the saddle down in the frame a bit.

I think it will be spot on for you.

Helpful?

mrchrist

I am 6’2″ with an inside leg of 30″ and have just purchased a large 130rs.

It is an incredible bike. I am riding stuff I would have struggled to ride before like steep tech. The level of control is inspiring, rode at Kinlochleven last weekend and am still glowing from how awesome it was and how the bike pushed me to push myself. I bloody love scotland too:)

Anyway…

Size wise I feel that’s just about the right size for me. I think a XL would be too just a bit too big for me.

The dropper could do with more drop as on some of the steep long descents I was putting the saddle down in the frame a bit.

I think it will be spot on for you.

Helpful?

srm87
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply mate, glad you have found a great match!

With my longer leg length I’m rely boarder line (according to facts and figures – whytes guideline is large for upto 6ft 2 and Xl north of that) which really puts me in a dilemma..?

The dropper is a concern also as I don’t know how much I can push it. I’d rather not extend it to its limit but as long as it’s not exceeding the manufacturers guidelines then I guess there should not be any issues. I’ve not had the pleasure of using a dropper so I can’t really state it’s suitability.

On paper the bike is the dogs, it’s just my oath like features that instills doubt.

CheesybeanZ

Drop the guys at Whyte an email to see if they have an xl anywhere near you – they’re very helpful and pretty quick to respond .

crashrash

I have a T129RS and had the same problem as right in between sizes (6’2″ and 34″ inside leg) – after trying both I went with the XL. The reach is not a problem, there is loads of standover and lots of space to move around. Dropper wise – could go with a 150 drop and it would fit easily even on the XL. Obvs if you can get a trial then do it. But if not I reckon you will be fine on the XL.

pdV6
    Free Member

2017 bikes are coming with size-specific droppers aren’t they?
    Will be 150mm on the XL as standard I think.

srm87
    Free Member

Guys, really appreciate your help.
    Having reflected I do think the XL is the best option.

Cheers!!

cokie

Cracking bikes! If you get the size right, you’ll never sell it.
    Pretty much all the local riders are on the T130. Not heard a bad word.

I love my T129- how come you’re not looking for 29” with your height?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whyte t-130rs 2017’ is closed to new replies.