Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Whyte G150 sizing
  • kjrogers

Seriously considering one of these bikes. I tried a medium yesterday and compared to my current bike I felt a little stretched. Arms were pretty much locked out when sitting down. I’m 5’7 so probably right between a small and a medium. Once I stood up and was moving weight around the bike felt ok.

I can’t get my hands on a small at the moment so was wondering if anyone of similar height has one of these bikes and what size they went for.

The standover also wasn’t very good, I knew where the top tube was when standing over it, it’s the same height on small and medium so have you found this to be a problem ?

shanemtb
    Free Member

Hello,
    I am 5′ 8″ and have one of these bikes in medium and I find it ok.
    The reach for me was the same as my hard tail it’s just the handle bars are a bit wider but once I was used to that it feels really good.
    These bikes have a very long wheel base which makes it very quick down hill and makes jumping very stable.
    The suprising thing is that they go up hill really well also.
    I am not sure what standover is so cannot answer that one.
    Hope this helps.

chiefgrooveguru

One of my mates has a small G150 and he’s about 5’7. I tried it and it felt great to me despite me being 5’10.5 with apelike arms – it’s a long frame!

ryan91
    Free Member

I demo’d one in my usual large size and it didn’t feel overly long to be honest compared to a lapierre spicy and orange alpine. Have you tried anything else similar out of interest ?

carts
    Free Member

I bought a g150 a couple months ago, standard model but got lucky and had 160mm rct pikes added for free. It’s an amazing bike, feels like you could do pretty much anything on it…from all day rides – uplift days – alps. I’m 6ft 1 and have a medium def the perfect size for me, because of the long top tube makes it about the same size as a Santa Cruz Bronson large or maybe xl.

stumpytom
    Free Member

As per chief above I am around 5`7 and ride a small and it is a great size. It has quite a long TT so I don’t think I would want it any bigger. In fact I don’t have much seat tube showin beneath the dropper collar.

Where are you based?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

well im 6ft and the large is perfect for me, medium was too small having sat on both, reach etc is fine as it has a 50mm stem, but maybe im oddly shaped, who knows! i defo wouldnt want it any smaller, and im still chucking this arond just fine

it climbs great IMO (but ive come from a five, which in hindsight, was sluggish and too small for me too!)

agh100
    Free Member

just found this thread and thought I would see if anyone else has any experiences of Whyte G150 sizing.

I am a smidge under 6ft, and ride a medium canyon at the moment, have tried a mates medium G150 and it felt fine, but Whyte’s official guide plus a few bike shops have insisted I should be on a large.

Any advice anyone? I know the best thing is clearly to try out both sizes, but not that east when so few of the bikes about

nuke

One if advantages of whyte bikes to me is that they come up long so you can size down and end up with a shorter seattube allowing you better stand over and the ability to drop the seat more on the downs/run a longer travel dropper. The g150 is long: eTT for small 599mm med 613mm large 633mm. My current medium bike that fits well (5′ 9″) has a 590mm eTT so the small g150 is still 9mm longer!

agh100
    Free Member

thanks, that was the impression I got too. Looks like the 2015 G150 has a slightly shorter TT (608mm) but it’s still fairly long.
    I prefer a more upgright stance on the bike as well, find it gives me back-ache being stretched out for too long, so I guess that would lean towards the smaller size as well.

The only thing that confuses me really is why Whyte official sizing guide says from 5ft 10 upwards you should be on a large, its not even like I’m borderline according to them.

integral
    Free Member

Hey, does anybody have a small g150. I need to find the distance from the top of the seat to the centre of the BB with a 125mm dropper fully extended. Being vertically challenged ( 5’6″) I need to work out if I will be able to get full extension of the dropper and still be able to reach the pedals! Thanks

integral
    Free Member

Time to bump this post up. Has anybody got a new G150 in a small? I am keen to hear about how far into the frame the dropper post can be inserted. Thanks in advance

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Whyte G150 sizing’ is closed to new replies.