Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Whyte E-150 – what a review !
  • iainc

just watched this review – pretty convincing from Guy Kesteven !

Whyte E-150

danposs86

Will give that a watch over lunch.

The bike does look a bit of a dogs dinner though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

#WhyteEnergy

😂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matt_outandabout

But most of Guy’s reviews are excited puppy riding teh next awesomz bike…

copa
    Free Member

Find it unwatchable.

An inane, shrill and histrionic ‘review’ in which the only thing you really learn is what shade of ‘outrageously awesome’ the bike he happens to be riding at the time is.

iainc

I dunno, I thought it was quite useful – will certainly help sell them I reckon !

mashr

Not gonna watch in work, so is he comparing to other bikes as he’s going along or just getting overly excited?

benpinnick

He’s getting paid by Whyte to make the video so a comparison to other bikes would probably be pretty pointless either way, he’s hardly likely to say ‘this other e-bike is better’.

Jamze

This vid accompanies the ride one. It does have a subtle nod to Rich Energy 🙂

towzer

Whyte E-150 RS Review – The Wait is Over

The weight is a bit unexpected at 23.8kg, joys of a bigger battery I guess but I was hoping weight would reduce as ebikes developed.

Also I’m not a fan of the integrated battery, as being able to keep battery inside in winter, or take it into the motorhome/hotel to charge seems like an advantage and poss a theft deterrent.

mashr

Also I’m not a fan of the integrated battery, as being able to keep battery inside in winter, or take it into the motorhome/hotel to charge seems like an advantage and poss a theft deterrent.

You just slide it out of the tube dont you?

bigrich

some of the welding looks a bit agricultural

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Is it the usual..

brilliant!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

yep

vinnyeh

did i hear him correctly- he’s saying a bb height of 325mm, and the battery extends 10cm below that? On a 150 travel bike?

If not a recipe for trouble, then surely it’s going to limit the bike’s usability.

iainc

^^ doesn’t appear that low in the pictures and video clips

choppersquad
    Free Member

It might just be me, but it still looks f-ing awful.

croe
    Free Member

It might just be me, but it still looks f-ing awful.

All ebikes look awful

iainc

^^^^ you may revise your opinion when your health dictates that you ride one

croe
    Free Member

Unless my eyesight has deteriorated then I think not.

CheesybeanZ

^^^^ you may revise your opinion when your health dictates that you ride one

Whats your health got to do with how a bike looks ?

Big-Bud
    Free Member

I really like guy and he’s a genuine enough bloke and I’ve bumped into him a few times at Stainburn bit his bike reviews have lost all credibility imo as yes he’s getting paid by the brands to review them they all do but it’s a bit repeatative.
    The bike mags do it too .
    If a manufacturer puts a full page add in your mag in these tough media times its going to be difficult when it comes to reviewing that brand and therefore I take all mag reviews with a pinch of salt.
    Gmbn do it.
    They often recommend the crank bros stuff when we all know there pedals don’t last although better these days .

hodgynd
    Free Member

Just finished paying for my T130RS..which is an incredible bike ..and I’ve always said my next bike would be an ebike ..this is right in the frame ( depending on price !)..

timbog160

The 180 version looks good, and the spec on these looks pretty good too. I have fallen out of love slightly with my e-bike over the last year, but could be very tempted.

tdog
    Free Member

Bloody hell!

No 1 warned me it was an Electric Ebike thing!

Wasted 1min of precious marmite lettuce on tiger bloomer time.

wl
    Free Member

Holy cr*p that terrain looks smooth and dull. Couldn’t be bothered watching the whole thing so skipped to about ten different bits and every section of trail looked exactly the same.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Wl..I take it you have never ridden at Whinlatter then ..
    It all depends what you are used to of course ..but most of my mates think it’s one of the better trail centres ..and rides a whole lot better in the flesh ( go-pros have a habit of flattening things out ) ..

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Whyte E-150 – what a review !’ is closed to new replies.