Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Whyte Dropper lever (for small hands)
  • chrisyork

Hi,

Has anyone had issues with the above dropper post lever? My gf’s bike is a Whyte T130 and her dropper lever just seems pretty poorly put together, the lever easily seems to become loose and be hard to press. Not good when she’s got small hands!

Have replaced inner and outer cable but the cable in the frame does seem to bunch quite easily.

Looking at replacing the lever for a better one for her as her thumbs aren’t as long as mine!!
    Are there any suggestions as she’s got TRP Slate levers. Ideally it’d be good to get something similar to mine where the lever is mounted to the Sram brake lever and it can be rotated and just sits below the left lever.

I’ve got SRAM Guide RS and the E+Thirteen dropper lever and post.

Any thoughts or guidance or indeed similar experiences would be interesting to hear about and how you got around this.

baldiebenty
    Free Member

My wife has a small (or possibly XS) Whyte T130s initially there was a problem with the bottom bracket because the dropper post cable was pushing on the plastic insert causing it to rub on the crank.

This apparently is caused by the kink the cable goes through in the frame is so tight now that they are fully internal, exacerbated by the larger diameter on the DUB BB. It was fixed by replacement with a GXP BB which gave a bit of extra space internally.

Perhaps the cable is just binding because of the tight angle, obviously depends on the year of your bike as IIRC this change to a fully internal dropper cable was recent.

kingofthetoys

Mine had intermittent issues, solved by it snapping off when I crashed at Penmacho yesterday hahaha

chrisyork

Cheers hers is an XS T130SR 2017 as she had her T130SX in XS stolen.

Your idea sounds about right though and I reckon the grommet is almost too watertight it barely let’s the cable move through for small adjustments so easily bunches up!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Whyte Dropper lever (for small hands)’ is closed to new replies.