Whyte 729 vs 629 – worth the £500 difference?

Home Forum Bike Forum Whyte 729 vs 629 – worth the £500 difference?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Whyte 729 vs 629 – worth the £500 difference?
  • thegreatape

As above really, is the spec of the 729 worth the extra over the 629 ?

z1ppy

Everything just a bit better by the looks of things, whether that actually worth the extra £500 I can’t tell, but I know I’d prefer the Reba to the XC-28 fork right from the word go. BUT if that all that was ‘wrong’ with the spec in your eyes, it maybe worth buying the 629 and a set of cheap mail order reba’s & flogging the XC-28 to get some money back, would cost a lot less than £500…

Being a small company they obviously don’t have the buying power of the likes of giant/Spesh/et all, but I imagine will have priced it as competitively as they can…
    Tried a 729 and liked how it handled a lot, and so bought the 929 – would have gone for the 729 if I didn’t get the 929.

thegreatape

Thanks zippy. Hadn’t really looked at the 120mm ones, I see there is the 901 at £1200, with a recon fork – guess that is somewhere between the xc32 and the reba?

EDIT oops, that’s 26″

z1ppy

err kinda, but as the 6/729 are 29er’s and the 901 a 26er, not quite…

thegreatape

Yes, my mistake, just looked at yours on the Whyte site and it was in the same section!

thegreatape

Back to what you said though, I keep bikes for a long time and whilst I’m perfectly capable of swapping bits I’m not particularly inclined to, so maybe it makes sense to spend a little bit more for the 729.

z1ppy

Makes for an easier life, hopefully all those ‘little’ improvements will mean its the better bike longer term

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Whyte 729 vs 629 – worth the £500 difference?’ is closed to new replies.