Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Whyte 729 vs 629 – worth the £500 difference?
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

As above really, is the spec of the 729 worth the extra over the 629 ?

z1ppy

Everything just a bit better by the looks of things, whether that actually worth the extra £500 I can’t tell, but I know I’d prefer the Reba to the XC-28 fork right from the word go. BUT if that all that was ‘wrong’ with the spec in your eyes, it maybe worth buying the 629 and a set of cheap mail order reba’s & flogging the XC-28 to get some money back, would cost a lot less than £500…

Being a small company they obviously don’t have the buying power of the likes of giant/Spesh/et all, but I imagine will have priced it as competitively as they can…
    Tried a 729 and liked how it handled a lot, and so bought the 929 – would have gone for the 729 if I didn’t get the 929.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Thanks zippy. Hadn’t really looked at the 120mm ones, I see there is the 901 at £1200, with a recon fork – guess that is somewhere between the xc32 and the reba?

EDIT oops, that’s 26″

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    z1ppy

err kinda, but as the 6/729 are 29er’s and the 901 a 26er, not quite…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yes, my mistake, just looked at yours on the Whyte site and it was in the same section!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Back to what you said though, I keep bikes for a long time and whilst I’m perfectly capable of swapping bits I’m not particularly inclined to, so maybe it makes sense to spend a little bit more for the 729.

z1ppy

Makes for an easier life, hopefully all those ‘little’ improvements will mean its the better bike longer term

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Whyte 729 vs 629 – worth the £500 difference?’ is closed to new replies.