Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Whyte 2014 – any pics/spec available yet?
  • sgn23
    Free Member

It was their 2014 press launch today, has anyone found any pics and/or specs out on the web yet? Particularly interested in the T129S.

curvature
    Free Member

Don’t dismiss the M109.

I have just sold my Five and bought a M109 as I could’t get the T129s. I have obliterated most of my Strava times including downhill sections.

Uphill it is quicker than my Orange Clockwork 29er!

mattjg
    Free Member

(checking in). 150mm trail bike in 650b apparently …

GregMay
    Free Member

I have seen the dealers book : Specs are excellent.

z1ppy

from FB, “behind the scenes” of the ‘dealers’ launch, the 2014 website will be live ASAP

https://picasaweb.google.com/103212993748024876591/Whyte2014MtbLaunch?authkey=Gv1sRgCNG9no2Njqzi6gE#

906, 907(if I see it right) and 909 hardtails? Still doing those outdated wheels, I dunno

G150..650b wheeler

carbon M109c

T-129

what is das then?

twoniner
    Free Member

WTF is that thing joining the seat tube and top tube on the 129, some sort of carrying handle? 🙄

z1ppy

wot, like a 5 spot?

giant reign

or any number of bikes, I believe it’s a brace 😉

twoniner
    Free Member

I know that, I was just sounding off looking at the size of it, I suppose it just looks big with possibly being on a pretty big frame.

Has that 129 got a bit more travel on the rear shock?

z1ppy

.. I’m just reposting what they put on Facebook, so I dunno anymore than you (my ‘labels’ may not even be correct). I’d imagine not TBH, if they follow the ‘marin/atb’ way of doing stuff.
    That tends to be: make a frame, use the same basic design 3 years but refine it over as you go (make it lighter for the most part).

tony24
    Free Member

I only just got my whyte m109s and I already want the new carbon 1 lol

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

what is das then?

Not sure, but I want a go on it! Looks nice!

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

Hmm, where’s the new 146? Moving away from LTFS bikes?

mattjg
    Free Member

g-150 presumably (see other recent thread) – tyre logos say “27.5”

z1ppy

Nah, my top pic is the G-150, the later picture has a different linkage & shock mount ❓

Edit: bugger no it’s 129

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Sandwiches look awful.

G150 is it 26 or what? if so my credit card may be about to prolapse

z1ppy

Ahhhh a painted version here, the raw one has he same linkage

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Just read other thread

chuffing 6 effing 50 blinkin B

I’ll give ’em 650b. Remenber when all we ‘ad was one wheel size and did we complain, did we ‘eck, we just got on with it and don’t get me statred on them interpreted steerers, whatever they are……..grumble shuffle mumble

mattjg
    Free Member

Edit: bugger no it’s 129

Tyres on the top one proudly proclaim “29”. 😉

z1ppy

Wasn’t the picture I meant to post 😳

mattjg
    Free Member

pretty isn’t it, in the pic you linked

large – medium – small presumably, with the medium having a (cheaper?) RockShox spec. I’m liking the decal colour of the Fox version.

Want!

rOcKeTdOg

The two tone stem on the carbon jobbie looks interesting, other than that…meh!

Rik
    Free Member

Link to the other thread?

corsair
    Free Member

>Has that 129 got a bit more travel on the rear shock?
    That’s the new 129 “Works” model (£2,600), with Fox suspension (hopefully the 2014 versions with some damping…) and XT bits and bobs plus the WTB tyres. I’d guess the equipment spec will be the same for all the frame sizes.

AFAIK the 129S (up a tad to £2,100) will still have Rockshox suspension and SRAM gear much the same as last year, with minor tweaks to a few things like handlebar and saddle.

My deposit’s already in for a 129 Works, subject to the full spec being ok when they finally release it to the masses (any day now…ish), but it’s not looking too bad from the pics! Oh and the colours are called zinc and aqua apparently – not sure I’m sold on that colour scheme but that’s just more incentive not to look down as you hurtle along.

jonkineticcycles
    Free Member

We had a good old gander at them yesterday and there are some absolute winners. The carbon M109 runs full XTR (except for the chainset) and carbon wheels, 11kg and sub 4k

129S same as last year but new front end with lighter triangle, internal cabling better finishing kit and reverb stealth, does go up by £100 though.

My favourite? Saxon Cross Team – 7005 frame set, Easton fork and EA90 disc tubeless wheels, FSA carbon cranks and Red 22 hydraulic disks

mattjg
    Free Member

still waiting for the STW news piece and Whyte website update … the press launch was last Friday catch up chaps!

z1ppy

Even more pictures.. & yes I wish they’d stop talking about updating the website and just change the bloody thing!
    Well the names of the hardtails have totally baffled me, now there a 806, 901/5/6/7 & 6/729 along side what looks to be a 909 replacing the 929 (maybe or is that a 929 there?)…

I imagine there some sort of news blackout, as Whytes marketing ppl extract everythiong they can from FB, twitter and idiots on forums 😉

More stem news for RD

captaintomo
    Free Member

Is that the rockshox pike on the 905?

I’ve been looking at the 901 for some time now and really like it. Is it worth waiting for the new model or getting this years with discount when it comes out? Ahhhhh decisionsss

mattjg
    Free Member

Not really liking the look of the black stanchions on the G-150 RockShox build. Guess it’ll have to be Fox then …

I hope they’ve got those chainstays nice and short.

captaintomo
    Free Member

Yeah I’m not a fan of black stanchion either. Gold all the way.

z1ppy

looks like most of the 9 series hardtails are 650b’s… can read a couple of the price tags, but can’t see one for the T-129 works.
    Anyone in the know?
    …while I wonder how I can sell a relatively unused kidney (with added stones).

captaintomo
    Free Member

MaxBikesPR on twitter state the RRP of the 901 is £1100 which seems very good since this years now boast 650b wheels, ardent tyres and internal cable routing.

corsair
    Free Member

Apparently the T129 Works RRP is £2,600.

z1ppy

cheers

corsair
    Free Member

Hope you’re progressing faster with the kidney sale than Whyte are on releasing the 2014 full specs. Not that I’m impatient or anything.

corsair
    Free Member

DCD have the full spec on line for the T129 Works model (maybe for the other 2014 models too, I didn’t check).
    DCD T-129 Works

corsair
    Free Member

Hmm, it didn’t seem to like the URL. Here it is as plain text (which the preview spookily shows as a link…).
    http://www.discountcyclesdirect.co.uk/catalog/product.php?CI_ID=15871&Item=’Whyte%20T-129%20Works%202014%2029er%20Full%20Suspension%20Bike’

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Whyte 2014 – any pics/spec available yet?’ is closed to new replies.