Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Why you MUST own a hardtail.
  • the_lecht_rocks

1 simple reason – it will not over flatter you and WILL make you a better rider.

thoughts ?

jam-bo

total bollocks

kelvin

My hardtail flatters me.

trailmonkey

What if I’m quite happy to be flattered and am just interested in maintaining a level of adequacy ?

Also, that’s 2 reasons you’ve given just there.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I think in essence true, but if you’re happy full suss, then stay that way. Similar thing to flats vs SPD’s.

and not to be a pedant t_l_r, but that was two simple reasons.

uplink
    Free Member

I don’t want to be a better rider

druidh
    Free Member

IS t_l_r really Smee in disguise?

the_lecht_rocks

fair enough – all thoughts are welcome 🙂
    fwiw, it’s one reason with a consequence 🙂

shinsplints

carp

ton

i too do not want to be a better rider.
    i just want to be a comfier one.
    without a sore bum, back and arms after a ride. 😀

househusband

^ wot ton said.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Its actually two consequences.

the_lecht_rocks

indeed it is, in a round-about way swifty 🙂

c’mon – more opinion

MOJOK
    Free Member

I just finished my first ride on the HT after 6 seasons riding fullies. I agree with the statement 100%. In fact, part of the reason for getting the bike was to regain some of the athleticism I’ve lost. I hope I can get to be a good rider again.

fatblokeattheback
    Free Member

total bollocks

Too right!

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I agree with your reasoning, it will make you a better rider if your not up to that standard anyway, but not Why you MUST own a hardtail its still personal preference, and most full suss riders im sure realise you can lose sharpness on one, but you dont need as much. Horses for courses and all that.

emac65
    Free Member

Don’t have to have one but I choose to have one….

Plus it saves replacing all the bearings on my FS every year…

rOcKeTdOg

i’m less rad on a HT

grumm
    Free Member

1 simple reason – it will not over flatter you and WILL make you a better rider.

Will it also make me smug, arrogant and annoying?

BTW I used to have one and it got nicked, but whenever I do ride one, I actually find that full suss has made me a better rider as I ride harder/faster than I ever used to.

HTTP404
    Free Member

if you’re svelte, muscular and handsome – get a hardtail.

ton

i do own one because i am the biggest bike whore that i know…
    and i have my eye on a new white steel h/tail that will take a 150mm fork, abd is a proper mansize frame… 8)

theboatman
    Free Member

Even if the reason(s)was/were true, you could apply the same logic to fully rigid bikes, cross bikes, penny farthing’s…etc so it is not the reason(s) why you MUST own a hardtail.

retro83
    Free Member

WHY YOU MUST OWN A FULLY RIGID FIXIE

thoughts ?

Worst
    troll
    ever

mikey74
    Free Member

I agree to a certain extent, but having said that, the last couple of weeks I have been riding my hardtail (Kona Explosif) after almost a year of riding a full suss (I now have a Mythic Rune 6 inch travel), and the level of confidence I have gained from riding my full-suss has really improved the way I ride my hardtail.

Just a thought.

ononeorange

I much prefer riding my hardtails. But that’s just me. I prefer to get up and heave it.

Peregrine
    Free Member

Peregrine
    Free Member

I have an old steel frame rigid which i ride when i feel like i’m taking the susser for granted, it reminds me why i bought the susser. I enjoy the ride so much more.

djglover
    Free Member

I agree that a HT ridden over dirt jumps and bmx tracks and over tech terrain can make you a better smoother rider, but on the otherhand a FS can make you faster and have more fun on the last one.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Get a bike, ride it, enjoy it, whatever it is.
    Other than that your just a tart, I’m a tart therefor I have both, I still can’t take more that 3.7″ in the rear though*, the terrain just doesn’t warrant it 🙁

*innuendo intended before you smart arses point it out.

chakaping
    Free Member

Don’t tell me what to do.

I’m almost tempted to sell my hardtail now, just to spite you.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

fortunately I have a job, so I own both a FS, a HT & singlespeed, solid fork, steel mother funker to ride when my sandels are fired up & I’m feeling beardy.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Why you MUST own a hardtail.’ is closed to new replies.