Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Why would a soldier wear a head cam?
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

The headcam footage shown on a documentary some time back of the soldier who had an IED detonated right under him and the dialogue after between him and the soldier who came to check on him gave those of us who watched the documentary some real insight as to what it’s like to be there.

Recording this particular act then leaving the footage on a laptop to be subsequently discovered is madness. Bad things happen in wars, that’s why they are best avoided unless absolutely necessary.

On balance, I would say no cameras

wrightyson
    Free Member

Question is would any of you “finished him”?
    Me personally, probably not unless he’d been shooting directly at me and it was a **** you moment!

patriotpro
    Free Member

More pertinently which finishing move would you have employed…me personally it would have been a toss-up between Kano’s heart-rip and Sub-zero’s head-extraction.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

To answer that question, i have a nasty suspicion that yes i WOULD have shot the injured insurgent. Which is why i am not a soldier nor would i have ever made a good one.

Junkyard
    Free Member

In the heat of the moment or the heart of the battle possibly I would have. I really could not be sure but I would doubt it and I very much doubt the overwhelming vast majority of the highly trained professional soldiers would have either.

This incident sounded like a premeditated murder/execution of a captured prisoner…… that I cannot imagine me doing – though I may have been less than courteous.

derekfish
    Free Member

A sharper approach surely is to leave the wounded man, hide, wait for whoever comes for him, then deal with them as well.

I can’t help wondering if there is more to this, maybe the man who did it has a bad rep and the footage finding it’s way to authority is no accident, we can never know, personally I don’t like it as I’ve said elsewhere, but how can we possibly know what went on sitting behind a keyboard.

I still stand by remark, those who sent them out there in the first place should be judged alongside any we decide to accuse.

Teach and pay a man to kill for you in the first place is one thing, deciding when where and how he does it in the face of enemy action is entirely another.

samuri
    Free Member

Bad things happen in wars, that’s why they are best avoided unless absolutely necessary.

On balance, I would say no cameras

This is the precise reason why I would say cameras on everyone. War is a terrible and awful thing to live through. I have no experience of being there but it looks absolutely shitty beyond belief.

It’s very easy to agree that a war is necessary and even acceptable that a nation can democratically agree to go to war but show people just how absolutely mind-bogglingly appalling it is might actually make people start thinking about war and conflict in a different way.

People like Parksie go and fight in places because it’s easy for us to send them off and hope they’ll sort the problem out but that’s like brushing a big shit under the carpet and it absolutely needs to be made real to the people sending them off there so they can STOP **** DOING IT!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Why would a soldier wear a head cam?’ is closed to new replies.