• This topic has 20 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Daffy.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Why won’t my pics upload onto Classifieds
  • teamslug
    Free Member

Got a few bits to sell on and a few things to give away but I can’t get the pics to upload. Tried 3 different browsers and iPhone but all I get is spinning upload symbol. I thought it was a pain when we had to use Flickr etc but this is dong my head in. Check properties on pics etc but I’m out of ideas. Help please.

Drac

There appears to be an odd bug going that is causing issues for some members, I’ll highlight your thread to tech.

teamslug
    Free Member

Ok thanks. I’ll go and dig the garden and try later

winston
    Free Member

Mine won’t work either. Always used to be fine now won’t work on Android phone or windows pc

CheesybeanZ

Won’t work on my Samsung tablet either .

[Mod] this could be due to over-zealous anti virus software or worth trying a different browser. Tech are aware. Thanks.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I got one pics of a saddle yesterday on but would not let me put anymore on plus the robot thing to ages to work thought it was a good system at the start seems to be falling apart abit.

Cougar

We had a couple of reports of this over the weekend. As above I advised (via another moderator who picked it up first) to try a different browser and / or check that the AV hadn’t grabbed it, and both reporters have subsequently posted ads successfully. Whether this is related to my suggestion or it just worked suddenly for them, I don’t know.

We’ve spoken with Tech who have replied, “I’ve not been able to replicate it or see anything in the logs that would suggest a problem. I can only ask for people to send me as much detail as possible when it happens. Screenshots, JS console logs, etc. Anything will help”. I’d add to that, OS browser would be helpful I expect.

teamslug
    Free Member

Morning. So weirdness continues. I managed to get a pic onto my classified ad but it would only load 1. Up to now I’ve tried iPhone with safari browser, no pics would load. Windows 10 with pics emailed from iPhone to PC then transferred to pictures folder, of 4 pics loaded only 1 would load, others showed rotating load symbol. Tried on old windows XP laptop and took pics on old camera. Loaded 1 pic ( the one in the advert) but not another. Both taken seconds between each other, they have same properties.Site will load same pic from both pictures folder and directly from camera sdcard but not the other. Windows 10 has defender AV and firewall. XP laptop has tinywall and avast AV. Any ideas?

winston
    Free Member

Still not working for me on either Chrome or Firefox on either my work or home PC or my phone.

stevemorg2

Had the same issue on Sunday – nice to know it’s not just me!

DezB
    Free Member

others showed rotating load symbol

I’ve had that before. As a workaround, can you still post with one photo and just include the rest of the pics in the body of the ad? ie. upload them to postimages.org and link to them with [ img] tags.

winston
    Free Member

I can’t even load 1 photo

ddraver
    Free Member

Hi all, same here

shrinking the photos to 1MB even doesnt help.

Tried on Chrome and Safari on Mac and MSEdge on Windows.

Thanks

ddraver
    Free Member

It also doesn’t work on Pinkbike so maybe it’s on a STW only issue?

Drac

Ok.

I’ve tested again this afternoon this time by ticking “I have permission” first seems to get it to work.

Might be worth trying.

robertgray05
    Free Member

I also can’t upload one particular picture. Others upload fine and ticking ‘I have permission’ first made no difference. Taken with same camera (phone) minutes apart, and I’ve tried changing the file name. It is larger in size, but still under 1MB.

teamslug
    Free Member

Ok. So just got in and thought I’d give it a try on phone, I wasn’t holding out much hope but lo and behold 4 pics straight onto classifieds. Took a chance and deleted/ edited them and put them back on. That was from my iPhone. I’ll try on laptop later. Not sure why.

winston
    Free Member

Nope still not working for me, despite dropping pics down to sub 500kb

dogthomson

I’m having similar issues. Have tried the permission first thing and shrinking image size to no avail.

Frrrustrating!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I’m still getting this issue. Reduced file size via compress jpeg, tried the permission thing – used to be able to do it fine, but from last weekend it’s been pretty laborious / futile – to the point I’ve just given up on it. Hey ho.

Daffy

Same for me on IOS, Android and Windows 10. I’ve found that reducing the images to less than 500k makes it work, but it’s still pretty crappy. It took me over an hour to list an advert with nine pics.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Why won’t my pics upload onto Classifieds’ is closed to new replies.