Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Why wont my bikes attract any buyers?
  • mattkendall
    Free Member

I am of the opinion that something is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it, I usually just list parts on ebay and cross my fingers!

Though I have only just joined up here, the prices in the classifieds seem very reasonable compared to ebay / pinkbike. There is much more of a 'community' type feel to STW.

🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

sorry if i upset anyone…that wasnt my intention. maybe i just went about doing things in the wrong way. maybe i should have contributed to the forums as well to earn some trust but i wasnt to know this.
    yes i am looking for financial gain by way of selling my bikes, but the sale is reluctant. given the choice i would keep the bikes but i have no choice as i can no longer justify the collection of bikes and parts gathering in the garage.
    simple equation – wife nagging that i need to get rid of some bikes to make space + cant sell bike + wife nagging more = me being cranky and taking it the wrong way when someone tells me i've not been doing things correctly….so apologies for my dumbassed ranting

BontyBuns
    Free Member

I hope you sell your bikes soon and are back on here giving out your advice on the forum. It really is a lovely place. I waste hours of my time on here and sometimes you learn somthing, Especially if TandemJeremy is around he has loads of great facts about bike helmets and will keep you entertained for, sometimes, days.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    headfirst
    Free Member

BB +1

Now you've settled down a bit, you can start to appreciate the full STW experience. The thread below epitomises what this site is all about:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mrs-playing-awayand-liking-it

tonyd

@gonzy – Idea, borrow a couple of bikes from some mates and park them in the garage for a few days. Soon after announce proudly to the wife that you've sold some bikes and they'll be getting collected soon.

Have your mates come round to collect their bikes, disguised with flambouyant moustaches and dark glasses of course, and make sure she's there to see them go.

Et voila! You've got some respite from the nagging and bought a little extra time to either sell your bikes or find somewhere less conspicuous to hide them.

farmer-giles
    Free Member

we are all normal here

iain1775 – STOP LIKING THE WINDOWS!

*picks up banjo with webbed hand*

BontyBuns
    Free Member

Where is the MugShot thread? Gotta post a picture before joining.

gonzy
    Free Member

i have been thinking about selling the bike in bits so if anyone is interested in any components on the spec list for either bike just let me know. as for pictures of the bike any advice on the best method for uploading them?

MarkyG82

TBH I joined stw to buy stuff to build a new bike and although i dont post too often, I read the forums alot (edit: too much). The humour on here is dry at the best of times so sit back and enjoy the abuse 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

tonyd – thanks for that bit of ingenius advice…trouble is she's an accountant and has already made a list of all my biking stuff that's in there…..

soobalias
    Free Member

seen as you have stuck around this long….

split the bike(s) take pictures of all the component parts, upload them to some sort of hosting site – i use photobucket
    read the classifieds help for how to post pics or links to the pics
    redraft an advert showing giving as much detail, age/condition/price of each part for sale
    finish up the ad with a note saying you will listen to offers and you may offer a discount for multiple purchases, agree payment terms and postage times/prices etc

the classifieds rules will tell you how often you are allowed to post up an advert without annoying the mods/locals. Ads on the first page are obviously more often viewed and its worth remembering that there are a lot of different 'groups' here, the skivers (working hours) the ones with no life outside work (evenings) and the socially unacceptable that surely never ride anyway (days/nights/evenings/weekends). If you pitch an ad to each of these time periods and dont get even a sniff, the price is far too high

in the mean time, browse the bike and chat forum and post a bit here and there so people can get to know you. Your average bike theif/scammer doesnt bother with this bit cos its time wasted and you cant hide much from this many people over a period of time.

cant be bothered, take your stuff to ebay and list it with no reserve – that will tell you the real value of your stuff.

gonzy
    Free Member

thanks for the advice SOOBalias. will do that this weekend. right, home time for me……

iain1775
    Free Member

farmer giles – Member
    we are all normal here

iain1775 – STOP LIKING THE WINDOWS!

*picks up banjo with webbed hand*

but what is not to LIKE about windows? You can see out of them and they keep warmth in
    They are not for LICKING though 😉

BontyBuns
    Free Member

I like windows too.

farmer-giles
    Free Member

yep – feked that one up, didn't i 😳

can't even get a p1ss take right this week!

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Why wont my bikes attract any buyers?’ is closed to new replies.