Froome crash thread

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Froome crash thread
  • IHN

No need to be snippy IHN.

That’s not meant how it was supposed to come across, apologies.

My point is simply that he’s not a public favourite as Wiggo was and GT is

I think that’s more to do with their charisma, rather than his ‘nationality’. Personally I prefer Froome’s quite confidence to the Wiggo Diva Show.

Genuinely though, I think there’s a double-standard. I mean, look at the Brummie Irishman Dan Martin, few people are up in arms about that.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

That’s not meant how it was supposed to come across, apologies.

*fist bump*

Personally I prefer Froome’s quite confidence to the Wiggo Diva Show.

Agreed, but he did go over better with non-cyclists who didn’t notice what a bell end he could be a lot of the time.

Hope Froome can get back to his full powers and have another go at the Tour next year anyway, everyone loves a comeback and he’ll probably get a bit more support.

tpbiker

Well it’s just been confirmed he’s won another grand tour…so not such a bad week for froomy as we first thought!

Edit..Nope he hasn’t. The sun is talking rubbish

whitestone

I went for a road ride over to Hebden Bridge yesterday and coming back over Cock Hill and down towards Oxenhope is very fast. As my speed was passing 60kmh I passed a solid wall and it’s really not something you’d want to ride into at that sort of speed.

I’m surprised there haven’t been more internal injuries reported – that sort of deceleration imparts huge forces on the tissues holding the organs in place.

Premier Icon convert
    Subscriber

Fractured his neck as well!

6 weeks in hospital and then a long recovery from there before training proper can commence. Got to wonder at 34 if your body can have that much time away and recover from the injuries and get back to top level fitness again. When racing I remember as I went through my 30s one of the biggest things to go as i got older was the time it took to regain fitness. Winters got harder as you had to juggle longer recovery times and the need for a rest and a fear of dropping away too much. Lazy training methods of my 20s could not be replicated in my middle 30s.

steve_b77

Remarkably well for someone who ‘hit a wall’at 54kph, I’m frankly amazed he has no facial injuries, scuffs on his shoulders or even a neck brace.

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

His leg(s) are going to be all meccano for a while yet.

JHJ joins the discussion…

#MakesYouThink

k1100t

Just read some of the conspiracy theory tweets. Not quite sure how these people function as humans, total 🤬 nuggets…

nbt
    eddiebaby

Nice one! That’ll get the haterz seething.

nbt

From bad to worse. The thumbs up this time is somewhat ironic

Thumbs up from Froome

Chris Froome has thumb surgery after freak accident

natrix

Bizarre kitchen accident………….

dirtyrider

strapped up more for that pic than the other

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.