Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Why was I not told??
  • MrOvershoot

Yes I know its a lot Pete but just think your keeping me in a job buying that 😀

mikey74
    Free Member

Yes I know its a lot Pete but just think your keeping me in a job buying that

Do you spread the orange on Jaffa cakes?

khani
    Free Member

£7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrOvershoot

mikey74 – Member

Yes I know its a lot Pete but just think your keeping me in a job buying that

Do you spread the orange on Jaffa cakes?

No we make the flour for every Jaffa cake made 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

I daren’t buy one for fear of it being rank.

Never meet your heroes, brakes, never meet your heroes…

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Didn’t they get a tax break as they claimed they were biscuits and not little cakes?

Maybe they will be made to pay all the unpaid tax now. Financial crisis sorted in the uk now!

scotroutes

The other way around. They proved they were cakes, not biscuits. The final proof was that biscuits go soggy as they age, cakes go hard….

MrOvershoot

scotroutes – Member
    The other way around. They proved they were cakes, not biscuits. The final proof was that biscuits go soggy as they age, cakes go hard….

Spot on :mrgreen:

We did 15 trial flours for them till they decided they liked the 9th one best

Northwind

As ever, I defer to my grandad’s opinion, as he was one of the designers of the original jaffa cake:

“Of course it’s a bloody biscuit”

Lots of biscuits get harder as they age, it’s a load of cobblers.

brakes
    Free Member

like what? I can’t think of one.

Northwind

Most soft cookies, oat perkins, some jammie dodgers, some shortbreads…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Thread needs “mahoosivejaffacaketrackworld – will I die” as the title.

Wheelie-good
    Free Member

Can someone please send one to me in Australia?! I can’t find Jaffa cakes here, only disgusting imposter ones, that one giant one may just make up the serious Jaffa deficiency I am experiencing!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Best thing about Jaffa cakes is when they are dipped in fresh espresso with a huge creme head on top. Simply Devine.

Don’t think you’d get that one to fit in an espresso cup, well none of mine. I will try though, just for the sake of science.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’ve never seen the appeal of something the texture of stale cake with chemically-tasting ‘orange’ gel in the middle and a cheap and nasty chocolate-like covering…

monkeychild
    Free Member

I have to say, I find Aldi’s Jaffa cakes far more palatable *dons flame suit*

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Where’s my pitchfork.

ononeorange

Well? Has anyone tried one yet “in the name of science”?

lilchris
    Free Member

They proved they were cakes, not biscuits

VAT, init!

ohnohesback
    Free Member

How much do they cost?

z1ppy

I diagree with Monkeychild, Lidl’s are much much better.

D0NK

£7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phew! if they were sensibly priced I’d be seriously worried about becoming morbidly obese. It’s like them pashmena fox forx and plastic santa cruz frames, I’ll sit here and drool over pictures of them on the tinterweb, then I’ll look at the price and think pffff no chance!

D0NK

“Of course it’s a bloody biscuit”

unless you’re asked to pay VAT on them in which case obviously it’s a cake 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

well i went to buy one for the office today cause im nice like that….

FAIL – it seems they are either a hoax or have not reached the north east yet.

tried two tescos and an asda.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Wheelie good – Member
    Can someone please send one to me in Australia?! I can’t find Jaffa cakes here, only disgusting imposter ones, that one giant one may just make up the serious Jaffa deficiency I am experiencing!

Have a Tim Tam.

Where are you? We’ve got “British” shops that have them but you’ll probably pay more than seven quid for them!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    Best thing about Jaffa cakes is when they are dipped in fresh espresso with a huge creme head on top. Simply Devine.

Don’t think you’d get that one to fit in an espresso cup, well none of mine. I will try though, just for the sake of science.

Hmm. Massive Jaffa cake. Bowl of espresso. I could live out my “Borrowers” fantasy.

Russell96

Went to the supermarket on the way home tonight, sold out 🙁 I suspect will be going round a few other supermarkets this weekend

matt_outandabout

*gets in car and sets off on 72 mile journey to nearest proper supermarket in hope of oversized pleasure*

garage-dweller

Nom nom nom. Two jaffa cakes with my morning coffee please!

bikebouy
    Free Member

None in my local “express” co-op, had to buy Turnocks Wafers instead… 😆

fakesounding
    Free Member

It’s not up on the Tesco website yet either…

However, it seems they are not one to miss a trick:
    clicky linky for tesco own brand version

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I have high hopes for this as if Jaffa cake lovelyness is directly proportional to size, then it should be awesome. You see the ‘mini Jaffa Cakes’ are rank. Normal Jaffa cakes are lovely. I shall have to prove the theory!

billytinkle
    Free Member

Anyone actually managed to buy one yet? Or a hoax? Not listed on the McVitie’s website…

http://www.mcvities.co.uk/product_range/108/jaffa-cakes

billyboulders
    Free Member

Not a hoax – just got one from my local Morrisons. £7 tho! 😯
    Youngest daughters birthday on Tuesday and she loves normal size jaffa cakes so I’ve either got to get her to have her birthday tea early or somehow resist while it sits in the cupboard for two days!

fakesounding
    Free Member

Tell her it’s for science & get it eaten!!!!

allthepies
    Free Member

That site has a link to their Facebook page, which has details of said cake.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Youngest daughters birthday on Tuesday and she loves normal size jaffa cakes so I’ve either got to get her to have her birthday tea early or somehow resist while it sits in the cupboard for two days!

Daddy…..why is your face covered in chocolate? And where’s my burfday cake?……. 😥

Russell96

Bloody hell it’s a lot heavier that I thought

zilog6128

I had a bit of one at the weekend. It was awesome.

blastit
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Why was I not told??’ is closed to new replies.