• This topic has 132 replies, 80 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by STATO.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 133 total)
  • Why the obsession with Gregs?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

[/url]

Oh yeah? “Fast” haggis, you say?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Just had a kiplings bakewell – urge not sated : /

wwaswas

Oh yeah?

I’m typing this whilst hiding behind the sofa.

Can we have some warning next time? Or a smaller picture.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

#strangest

grum
    Free Member

Get some pies inside you Woppit, stop believing in hi-fi hokum, and maybe embrace a proper religion instead – you might find you enjoy life a bit more. 😉

fasthaggis

Whats that ridge on the forehead,is it part Klingon ?
    😛

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I was going to wait a bit before starting another god thread.

I bake excellent pies myself, BTW.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Get some pies inside you Woppit, stop believing in hi-fi hokum, and maybe embrace a proper religion instead

….become a pastyfarian? 😆

zilog6128

Nothing like judging people for what they may have as an occasional treat

Greggs is a treat? 😯 What do you eat when you’ve been bad – broken glass?!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Whats that ridge on the forehead,is it part Klingon ?

nuq, tISchoHlaHbe’bogh mIQ logh jonpIn Segh ‘op?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Faggot and mushy pea batches if I’m being bad 😆

firestarter
    Free Member

Mmm…

molgrips
    Free Member

which uses ship loads of fat, water, flour

I’d like to see anyone bake anything decent without those things 🙂

Some Greggs stuff is ok. I don’t think it’s full of chemical nasties, as why would it be? Cheap meat, fat, sugar and flour aren’t exactly expensive products.

The doughnuts ARE better than Krispy Kreme, but not as good as Tesco (when they are fresh)

The good things about Greggs are that they are cheap and widely available, and savoury. Sometimes that’s what you want. If there was a snob bakery next door I would probably go into that, but there isn’t in most cases.

The reason for its popularity on here (I wouldn’t call it an obsession) is because it annoys people like Woppit, being self-consciously cheap, cheerful and a bit rubbish.

footflaps

If there was a snob bakery next door I would probably go into that,

Not seen that chain of shops around our parts, South Wales only?

birky
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

Not many snobs in South Wales 🙂

VanHalen

Canhams. Food for hipster jugglers.

its gone a pit more poncy of late i’ll agree but you cant argue with a mustard sausage roll fresh out of the oven.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    I had a look in our local Gregs once. My impression was, it was full of ghastly cheap rubbish probably bought by people who like stodge, sugar and salt a lot.

That’s a fact.

I’ve very occasionally bought from there but always regret it. Tasteless garbage that makes you feel ill afterwards. The hot stuff tastes about as appealing as a microwave snack from a service station.

Fresh independent local sandwich shop, deli or bakery for me.

Coyote
    Free Member

Have perchypanther and binners ever been seen in the same room?

Mt thoughts exactly!Isn’t that Binners’ famous Greggs’ liveried P7?

neilthewheel

It could be worse. It could be a Cooplands (Formerly Peters)

molgrips
    Free Member

And if there isn’t one? Serious question, there isn’t always somewhere decent.

Or do you not travel much?

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Wouldn’t want that excuse for food interfering with my perfectly honed physique.

STATO
    Free Member

Greggs sandwiches are pretty good, better than many deil ive been too. You dont have to choose the greasiest thing on the menu (every time :D)

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Threads like this would almost lead a casual reader into believing that some members only allow food created using ingredients from the Garden of Eden into their bodies, their perfectly tended chemical free highland porridge oats man bodies.

It’s pathetic!

I’ll happily pop into Greggs once every week or two. Their fudge doughnuts, the ones with the custard (waits to see which keyboard snob is going to contest that word) inside. The sausage rolls are grand, fine for what their intended purpose is (i.e. fill a hole, rather than prompt discussion of how many michelin stars the chef must have). Sandwiches, nice soft bread, tasty fillings, great for a working lunch on the go. Hot drinks, perfectly fine.

Sad fact – there are NO Greggs Bakers in Inverness!

fogliettaz
    Free Member

Last night I sweated off a finely chopped onion and leek, sliced mushroom and grated garlic, along with fresh sage & thyme in a pan. Once it had cooled I folded this mixture into half a kilo of the local butchers sausagemeat. This mixture was then spooned down the middle of 2 packs of puff pastry which was then plaited. These two giant sausage rolls were egg washed and then baked @ 200c for 40 minutes. Needless to say there is nothing left after 24 hours and they were way better than Greggs!

leffeboy

Were you juggling while waiting for it to cook?

fogliettaz
    Free Member

No, I was to busy watching them bake:-)

MrSmith
    Free Member

Greggs is for chavs C and D demographic to facilitate diabetes, weight gain and heart disease with refined white flour, trans fatty acids and refined sugar (so called empty calories) in an easy to use hand holdable device.
    Why should they be denied their fun?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

So all people need when out working and needing a quick bite to fill a rumbling stomach is: a finely chopped onion and leek, sliced mushroom and grated garlic, along with fresh sage & thyme, a pan, half a kilo of the local butchers sausagemeat, 2 packs of puff pastry, egg wash, an oven, 40 minutes.

Cool.

molgrips
    Free Member

Greggs is for chavs C and D demographic to facilitate diabetes, weight gain and heart disease with refined white flour, trans fatty acids and refined sugar (so called empty calories)

As opposed to posh bakeries, which don’t sell sweet treats at all?

bartyp
    Free Member

I went into a Greggs in Barnsley once.

That was the highlight of the visit.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Greggs gives me and endless supply of people that I can sneer at and look down on, they make me feel superior in my otherwise empty, superficial life.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Sausage baguette and a brew, 3 quid. Nothing else needed in builder land!

m360
    Free Member

I’m gonna call it…

MrSmith
    Free Member

Greggs gives me and endless supply of people that I can sneer at and look down on, they make me feel superior

do they have webcams or do you loiter outside to ‘watch’ 😯

wrightyson
    Free Member

Sneer away sweet cheeks. Ill still have a baguette and a brew
    😉

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Sneer away sweet cheeks. Ill still have a baguette and a brew

It’s not for me to deny you your fun as you fill your face with refined white flour, trans fatty acids and refined sugar (so called empty calories) in an easy to use hand holdable device. Byut those of us that look down on the chavs C and D demographic will be eternally grateful and smug.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Only place you can find a police man in Birmingham. 😆

tomhoward

To all the haterz, just y’all wait while binners gets here…

Have perchypanther and binners ever been seen in the same room?

Mt thoughts exactly!Isn’t that Binners’ famous Greggs’ liveried P7?

I suspect thats the result of an image search containing ‘Greggs’ and ‘Bike’. How many others could there be?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Why the obsession with Gregs?’ is closed to new replies.