• This topic has 566 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by igm.
Viewing 7 posts - 561 through 567 (of 567 total)
  • Why retain the union?
  • dyna-ti

there’s still a similar sounding split since the referendum.

If you mean b..b…br..brex….it. Then I dont think the two can be compared.

Brexit removed the UK from 27 different markets, Scotland from England is one market, and the point being Scotland is then able to address itself back into those 27, without incurring extra cost and logistical nightmares.

As I said before, I think Scotland being part of the EU is England’s chance to undo some of the damage they’re done to themselves. I think it would be certainly easier and safer than incurring the wrath of the Irish terror organizations.
    Nobody is suggesting we rebuild Hadrian’s wall, but a hard border isnt that big a problem really, as that was the standard customs set up for a very long time. Deals can be done, nothings ever set in stone and nobody is looking to put the Stuarts back in their rightful place 😉 😛

hagi
    Free Member

If you mean b..b…br..brex….it. Then I dont think the two can be compared.

No I mean since the last Scottish independence referendum. Despite the claims of a mandate, the split between pro-union and pro-indy voters doesn’t appear to have changed much and is still split down the middle.

ElShalimo

a hard border isnt that big a problem really, as that was the standard customs set up for a very long time

I don’t recall being stopped at “Customs” on the A74 in my childhood. How long ago did these exist?

dyna-ti

I was actually referring to between countries in Europe etc.
    And as the post was about the countries of Europe, I guess you could see that was where the reference was.
    Obviously not. I’ll clarify next time 😉

No I mean since the last Scottish independence referendum.

Ach well 😆 I got a joke in anyway.

argee

kimbers

Adverts Neil has a theory that indy can just be ignored

Seeing as Johnson has outsourced his policymaking to the spectator on Scotland + the fact that not making tough decisions is what he loves I can see this being what happens

(bound to backfire the way his attempts to snare Sturgeon in the salmond sleeze were too)

igm

Sturgeon, Davidson and Sarwar all look like premier league statesmen compared to Westminster’s current Vauxhall conference types.

Ross more in Boris’s league.

Viewing 7 posts - 561 through 567 (of 567 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.