• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Rich.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Why no points for parking on double yellows?
  • geoffj

Why do we not get points for illegal parking?

Given that some consider parking fines legitimate business costs, is it not about time we got points for illegal parking.

Obviously, I'm referring to parking on clearways, double yellow, red etc, not council spaces / private grounds.

Why not?

druidh
    Free Member

Might be related to proving who was responsible? If I park my car on a double yellow and my wife comes by 10 minutes later to pick it up, who gets the points?

Just a guess, obviously

cookeaa

Who actually cares?

speaker2animals

Well I do for one. But TBH lets get things in perspective. I caught a little of one of those "Police, Camera etc" shows yesterday while waiting for something to start. A young guy had been stopped and prosecuted for whatever. he didn't have a driving licence, the car was not Taxed, MOT'd or insured.

What was part of his sentence?

6 POINTS ON HIS LICENCE!

falkirk-mark

Because (A) they only want the cash off you and
    (B) you would find that the car was not parked there but had (ahem)broken down

gcaster
    Free Member

A young guy had been stopped and prosecuted for whatever. he didn't have a driving licence, the car was not Taxed, MOT'd or insured.

What was part of his sentence?

6 POINTS ON HIS LICENCE!

He should have been shot, twice.

cookeaa

Christ IT management must be dull…

geoffj

Who actually cares?

I do, as it goes!

I was in that there London last Friday, sat having a coffee and watching a white van man unloading his wares. He was on double yellows, blocking traffic and there was a warden writing out a ticket. He didn't appear to care one way or the other. He just wanted to unload his van – ballcocks to all the other traffic he was snarling up.

Just doesn't seem right really 🙁

cookeaa

Nah still couldn't give a shit…

Thanks for trying to make me care about such a minor issue, can I have my ten minutes back please?

Onzadog
    Free Member

It could be that in a lot of places, static parking issues are enforced by local authorities under decriminalised powers. They use civil enforcement officers to issue tickets. I don't think you could issue points for a civil offence.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Another post trying to tell people bow things should be. Ten a penny nowadays on here.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Since its not illegal to park on them! there are myriad good reasons for parking on them within the law!

Given that some consider parking fines legitimate business costs

Is a pretty pointless statement, as for the vast, vast majority of businesses parking on double yellows is permissible (loading and unloading of goods irrespective of size as per Jane Packer flowers adjudication.)

white van man unloading his wares. He was on double yellows, blocking traffic and there was a warden writing out a ticket. He didn't appear to care one way or the other.

Unsurprising really – ticket was almost certainly invalid and would get cancelled – bloke handing out ticket isnt bothered, he hits his tickets target for the day (if he actually understands the law that is!)

Rich
    Free Member

I was in that there London last Friday, sat having a coffee and watching a white van man unloading his wares. He was on double yellows, blocking traffic and there was a warden writing out a ticket. He didn't appear to care one way or the other. He just wanted to unload his van

What would you have done in his situation?

antigee

ordered another coffee and thought about passing minge

Rich
    Free Member

Sorry not the guy watching, the van driver.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Why no points for parking on double yellows?’ is closed to new replies.