• This topic has 29 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by holst.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Why no love for cress?
  • cinnamon_girl

Check out the latest poll where cress takes the second spot for what vegetable you can live without.

Egg and cress sandwiches are one of the best sandwich combinations!

ads678

It’s grass. Animals eat grass.

Why the hatred for aubergine?

martinhutch

Because it tastes of nowt and has no nutritional value.

Ok, it has some nutritional value, but it’s still disgusting.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2437/2

WillH

It’s because of its lack of versatility. As you say, it’s the only thing that can improve a simple egg sandwich – which is already near the pinnacle of perfection anyway.

But, modern science has yet to find a single other use for cress, hence the lack of love.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

British have a love/hate affair with veg. They love potatoes and tolerate green things.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Cress isn’t real veg though.

Cress is veg in the same way that chocolate sprinkles are a Mars Bar

onandon
    Free Member

The one and only purpose for cress.

squirrelking
    Free Member

It belongs in a bygone era that taste forgot, like keys in a bowl and pampas grass.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Totally pointless 60s veg. So much which is so better.

For me the shocker is the winner – Aubergine – such a great and versatile vegetable, espescially if you are going to spend the rest of your life with a veggie. 🙂

maccruiskeen

It’s grass. Animals eat grass.

So if I eat cress I’m eating the food that my food should be eating? That seems pretty mean – my food’s got enough to worry about without having to compete with me for its dinner.

kayak23

Yeah, pretty devastated to see aubergine at the top. It’s just divine in so many scenarios.

I can only imagine that people must not know how to serve it at its best.

Cress? Good for primary kids to grow as an exercise I suppose..

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Watercress (or gurt big cress to give it it’s proper name) is now where it’s at. Little cress is like soooo yesterday.

As for aubergine it hovers precariously between cotton wool and snot. Neither of which I want to eat but both of which have more flavour.

stu170
    Free Member

Cress is an amazing tool for a good prank. Back when I lived in the block, we decided to punish a lad who went on leave for 2 weeks and left his room open, gentle watering of his carpet, add some cress seeds, 2 weeks later a carpet of cress.

ads678

it’s the only thing that can improve a simple egg sandwich

WT actual F!

Have you never heard of Bacon!!

cinnamon_girl

It’s good in salad too but suppose you boys won’t eat that! Don’t forget that there’s a peppery version that would give your sarnie some ooooomph.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I love cress ! Grown quite a lot in Hampshire as I am sure you know cg

benp1

It’s a pretty pointless thing

Only useful for showing kids how a seed grows into something

mogrim

As for aubergine it hovers precariously between cotton wool and snot. Neither of which I want to eat but both of which have more flavour.

Such ignorance 😥

Baba ghanoush, moussaka, in pickles, curries, the list is near endless.

verses

I find that egg ruins a perfectly good cress sandwich.

DrJ

Why the hatred for aubergine?

It’s only acceptable if it’s cooked so that you can’t recognise that you’re eating it. Otherwise the horrible consistency and rather nasy taste spoil what might otherwise be nice food.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’ve had all of those and the shittest bit in each was the aubergine. (except the babaganoush which was alright, cos it tasted of all the other things in it in a n aubergine matrix).

mogrim

thestabiliser – Member
    I’ve had all of those and the shittest bit in each was the aubergine. (except the babaganoush which was alright, cos it tasted of all the other things in it in a n aubergine matrix).

You, Sir, are quite clearly a tasteless Philistine and this conversation is over.

WillH

ads678 – Member
    WT actual F!

Have you never heard of Bacon!!
    That there would be a bacon sandwich, possibly a bacon and egg sandwich, or maybe a bacon sandwich with egg. The superior food in a sandwich defines the type of sandwich, and bacon is superior to all foods.

holst
    Free Member

And chocolate sprinkles. Nothing beats a nice egg and choco sandwich.

clodhopper
    Free Member

“You, Sir, are quite clearly a tasteless Philistine and this conversation is over. “

😆

I concur.

Yak

Cress is a little dull. Watercress on the other hand is a lovely big peppery hit of win.

Aubergine – great stuff. Good on it’s own or a sponge for soaking up other flavours. Love it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Watercress is the answer.

Teh nomz.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

yak has it on the nail.

Perhaps watercress hasn’t reached ST towers yet… 😉

slowoldman

And chocolate sprinkles. Nothing beats a nice egg and choco sandwich.

What’s wrong with you? Are you Dutch?

holst
    Free Member

What’s wrong with you? Are you Dutch?

Don’t knock egg and choco til you’ve tried it. It’s like Clamato juice, you can’t imagine how clams and tomato juice would go together, then you try it and there’s nothing else in the world to compare.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Why no love for cress?’ is closed to new replies.