Why no Endura gear on sale through CRC now?

Home Forum Bike Forum Why no Endura gear on sale through CRC now?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Why no Endura gear on sale through CRC now?
  • Mackem

It’s selling at full price?

Premier Icon chainslapp
    Subscriber

What you looking for?

Premier Icon abatty
    Subscriber

There don’t appear to be any Endura products stocked by CRC at the moment, full stop.

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

well spotted. either a stock monkey glitch or maybe theyve had a falling out? Havent endura been on sportspursuit a bit lately?

I take that back, having had a look through the listings it doesnt look like it.

Endura have changed their trading terms to prevent online only businesses selling their products, don’t know if CRC’s “showroom” counts as a shop. That’s certainly my understanding.

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

looks like wiggle are clearing out there last few bits of endura stock too.

bold play by endura then…
    Glad Im fully stocked on CRC-supplied Singletrack shorts as they’ll be my last.
    I detest manufacturer controlled distribution.

gren

Dropped by Wiggle too a while back. Shame as they are the brand is turn to for most stuff

robdixon

if it’s true then it’s an own goal by endura. I rarely buy any clothing from high street bike shops in person as they either don’t have the stock or right size when I do try.

pixelmix

How is Endura’s approach worse than manufacturers who give large online retailers like CRC massive discounts, making small retailers uncompetitive?

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

That’s the last stuff I’ll be buying from Endura then, until they reappear on Wiggle / CRC.

Premier Icon abatty
    Subscriber

Have the LBS’s lobbied Endura to stop selling their products through the big on-line retailers cos’ they’re losing sales? But I agree with robdixon that I rarely buy from the LBS cos’ they don’t carry enough stock.

toxicsoks

Hmm, glad I got a Mk1 Stealth jacket from Rutland for £89.99 yesterday.

druidh

Maybe Endura aren’t offering such good credit terms as other suppliers. CRC seem to be tightening up on ordering of out-of-stock items.

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

How is Endura’s approach worse than manufacturers who give large online retailers like CRC massive discounts, making small retailers uncompetitive?

Because restrictive distribution is NEVER in the customer’s interest (despite the faux concern bollox they’ll come up with about customer care and helping the customer buy the right thing etc etc). it’s all about protecting margins on perceived “aspirational” brands.

See:
    Bose
    Santa Cruz
    Brompton

And that’s fine – they can have a go at that if they want, but they arent good enough for me to chase them round the country being a brand fan. At CRC prices they are good value kit. At prices that do not reflect a retailer’s ability to sell at their most competitive margin they are getting the customer to pay for their vanity, as well as their product.

TBH Im mainly annoyed by the practice because it smacks of not letting both the supply side AND the demand side of the market function efficiently. And Im a market purist, nathc 😉

breatheeasy

Oh, they’re brave.

Can’t work out if they are genuinely supportting local shops, or they think they can make more money this way.

Maybe they’re hoping the LBS acts as a safety net for the those warranty returns that the likes of CRC and Wiggle probably just dump back on them.

Premier Icon Clink
    Subscriber

Seems short-sighted to me; like others have said I buy online as stock is good. I’ve actively tried to buy Endura stuff when in shops this year and last, but never any range of size or styles.

labsey

CRC haven’t had any Enduro kit for a week or two. Had a trip to the LBS today to get some shorts. I could only see Endura on display.

Premier Icon stewartc
    Subscriber

How am I supposed to buy there gear in Hong Kong, they have no local distributor, CRC was my only outlet?

theboatman

Given the variable quality of endura kit, i would imagine their customer service dept is pretty busy.

Assuming they’re not having to do the same, try westbrooks cycles, usualy cheeper than CRC online for endura stuff, and even cheeper in the shop. I’ve bought a couple of jersesy and gillets from them afer using google shopping to compare prices (and they happened to be local), then went into the shop and stuff was 10% cheeper again (guess that’s the cost of ‘free’ postage).

FuzzyWuzzy

Does seem a strange decision, but assuming it was their’s to make I guess they know what they’re doing. Endura is the default LBS stocked brand of clothing so I imagine they sell a lot more than other brands that way but I’d have still thought CRC/Wiggle would be a big chunk of their sales. Can only guess part of it came from bike shop pressure, but then who else would bike shops turn to that don’t deal with CRC/Wiggle and have a big enough range? Can’t see they have much bargaining power, especially as individual outlets.

pebblebeach

bold play by endura then…

Hope they’ve sorted out the issue with their zips then! Any endura item I’ve owned has had an issue with the zips, either breaking on overshoes or jamming on jackets or gilets.

andermt

Haven’t bought Endura stuff online from CRC or anywhere else for a while as they were only every a quid or so cheaper than my lbs (what I was after was usually all at close to rrp on CRC anyway) and I’d rather give my LBS the business for that level of saving.

juan

Not surprised, as you won’t be surprised I am all for it. You know this community thing and all 😉

igrf

The brand v CRC thing is a tad more complicated than the LBS v CRC local issue, the problem comes from CRC’s attempt at world domination, literally shipping to almost every market in the world. So global brand owners have no choice but to refuse supply if their brand is to have any chance in markets where local distributors struggle to establish a presence only for their consumers to go online and have the product shipped below profit margin thresholds because of either their pricing policy or currency imbalances or a combination of both.

So if Endura are attempting to market overseas which I suspect they would and should be then they have no choice but to cease dealing with CRC, CRC themselves do not negotiate that well as we have experienced, nor do they appear to have any ability to differentiate between markets and market pricing in order to respect a given brands necessity to reflect local market conditions.

We all suffer as a result, we want to supply them as an excellent online resource, but it breaches our contractural obligations so to do, they need to attend to it, or more and more companies will be forced to cease in their dealings with CRC or lose their agencies.

I rarely buy from the LBS cos’ they don’t carry enough stock

Probably because they’d become a local showroom for people buying off CRC.

I guess if they’re not availabel online LBS’ might be more inclined to carry more stock at the expense of altura/gore/castelli/etc.

It won’t hurt the likes of wiggle as presubably their bigest margins are on bands they own like DHB, and CRC/hotlines own (or exclusively distribute) loads of brands.

b r

if it’s true then it’s an own goal by endura.

Not if they’ve sat down and worked out they’re selling at a loss, or maybe CRC (and the others will follow) wanted 130 day terms and sale-or-return contract (and Endura would be left with old-stock).

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

You know this community thing and all

there’s nothing “community” about it Juan. It’s profiteering through legal market manipulation. I didnt have you down as a fan of that 🙂

juan

It is a communoty thing, you know poping around the corner to buy your bike bits from someone who knows you and you know…

big_n_daft

It’s profiteering through legal market manipulation.

Or just making a profit, the CRC business model may not suit them, they don’t have to sell via CRC if they can’t agree mutually satisfactory terms.

There are plenty of alternatives on CRC, Endura could argue that they are supporting the LBS there is no real market restriction as most people have more than one LBS available to them or can buy online from many such as Leisure Lakes

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

you know poping around the corner to buy your bike bits from someone who knows you and you know…

very few LBS stock gorilla sizes to suit me, none round have ever offered to order in stock for me to try. If they did there’s gnat-all’s chance of getting a discount. So CRC stock range + CRC pricing + distance selling regs = win for gorilla.

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

Not if they’ve sat down and worked out they’re selling at a loss, or maybe CRC (and the others will follow) wanted 130 day terms and sale-or-return contract (and Endura would be left with old-stock).

I think Endura offer sale or return to shops already!

edlong

Can’t work out if they are genuinely supportting local shops, or they think they can make more money this way.

I think I’ve managed to work out which is the more likely.

Haven’t bought Endura stuff online from CRC or anywhere else for a while as they were only every a quid or so cheaper than my lbs (what I was after was usually all at close to rrp on CRC anyway) and I’d rather give my LBS the business for that level of saving.

+1 I find that CRC, Wiggle et al are not that useful when I knacker something critical on my bike the Saturday morning of a bank holiday weekend that I’m planning to mostly spend in the saddle. The LBS, however, usually seem to get me back up and running the same day. Last Endura kit I bought from the LBS was, iirc, about £3 more expensive than I could find it online, and was with me in about four days (my size not in stock, had to be ordered in). I’m happy to pay the LBS premium (+ occasional hob nobs).

jota180

Endura must have done the sums at some point on this.

I have a few bits of theirs but I have no loyalty to the brand [or any other] and I really don’t get the the time to travel to a bricks and mortar place during their opening hours so I guess I won’t be getting any more of their stuff any time soon.

Premier Icon wallop
    Subscriber

The only Endura thing I buy is singletrack shorts, and there is rarely a benefit to buying online instead of at my LBS.

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

I also have bought ST shorts from CRC – but seem to recall them being the best part of £15 or £20 cheaper in a sale at CRC than LBS at the time. And in size XL.

big_n_daft

I have a few bits of theirs but I have no loyalty to the brand [or any other] and I really don’t get the the time to travel to a bricks and mortar place during their opening hours so I guess I won’t be getting any more of their stuff any time soon

does your browser not allow you to use other online shops? 😉

plenty available online

jota180

does your browser not allow you to use other online shops?

plenty available online

I was replying to the info that Endura are stopping all online sales 🙄
    I have no immediate need for any kit right now thanks

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Why no Endura gear on sale through CRC now?’ is closed to new replies.