Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Why mumsnet and not us?
  • SaxonRider

I just read that Jeremy Corbyn is getting interviewed on mumsnet. Why don’t we ever land the big guns? 🙁

Gunz
    Free Member

Because STW would be unlikely to find out his views on penis beakers and the OXO tower.

matt_outandabout

Why don’t we ever land the big guns?

Sex discrimination. Wimmins on mumsnet, 98.37% mens on here.

chakaping
    Free Member

Shifty bugger obviously doesn’t want us to know that Labour are going to make 29in wheels compulsory and impose a hefty tax on wood-burning stoves.

v8ninety

Boring answer; reach. I wouldn’t be surprised if mumsnet had tenfold traffic over this place. (Some techy type will even know how to find that sort of thing out, probably)

footflaps

Shifty bugger obviously doesn’t want us to know that Labour are going to make 29in wheels compulsory and impose a hefty tax on wood-burning stoves.

Surely he’ll be re-introducing the penny farthing….

slackboy

Boring answer; reach. I wouldn’t be surprised if mumsnet had tenfold traffic over this place. (Some techy type will even know how to find that sort of thing out, probably)

About 4-5 times as much, but pretty good estimate.

http://www.trafficestimate.com/singletrackworld.com

http://www.trafficestimate.com/mumsnet.com

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

v8ninety – Member
    Boring answer; reach

🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

Oddly that’s far better for STW than I’d have thought. STW towers are pretty influential in the “Likes bikes, likes talking shit” market

chakaping
    Free Member

STW towers are pretty influential in the “Likes bikes, likes talking shit” market

Much more the latter for a lot of contributors.

gobuchul
    Free Member

WTf is that bike! 🙂

He needs to slamthatstem.com/

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jezza’s vehemently anti-slamming.

HOLY STACK, BATMAN!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Subsidised cannondale forks for all.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’d be tempted to ask him about his preference at trail centres.

As far as I can see he pretends to quite like the greens, absolutely detests the blues, obviously prefers the reds and in his younger days used to ride the blacks, but not anymore.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

^^Oof ^^

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

How long do you think it would take for someone here to tell him he’s completely wrong about what he thinks he thinks and then spend hours arguing about the semantics of what he typed without actually involving jezza and dismissing him with Jambafacts* when he did try and speak?

On the up side the lack of opportunity to reply would give him chance to Google the costs of policies any how.

At least on mumsnet he’s likely to just be wrong**.

*other unverified sources of inflammatory information are available.
    **he might be right, but this is the internet, so odds are not good.

stevextc
    Free Member

It’s aboit votes init ..Mumsnet – voted Halfords bike retailer of the year. Obviously credibility in voting counts

thenorthwind

As far as I can see he pretends to quite like the greens, absolutely detests the blues, obviously prefers the reds and in his younger days used to ride the blacks, but not anymore.

I just had to go get some coffee just to spit it all over my keyboard.

theotherjonv

Close the internet, it won’t improve after that.

Gunz
    Free Member

There is actually a site for people who don’t put spacers under their stem? It even has an archive so you can fondly remember bikes from the past that didn’t have spacers under the stem.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Have you read the kind of nonsense they spew on MN? Once they realise he’s a man(-ish) they’ll be torn between loving him and hating him and their heads’ll pop.

Win for Perchy!

deadslow

Outstanding PP, time to retire..you will never top that!
    Surely a contender for reply of the year in the annual STW awards?

Northwind

Mumsnet’s famous, we’re not.

Also, PP is a genius.

martinhutch

Nice one Perchy!

soulrider
    Free Member

many things on the internerd cause me smile, rarely does something have me laughing out loud. many heads were turned in the office.. no one else got it.

burchill
    Free Member

joshvegas – Member
    Subsidised cannondale forks for all.

This deserved at least some recognition.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Bloody hell! 😳

Just goes to prove that if you shovel enough shite then eventually you’ll throw up a diamond.

I’m glad I didn’t throw the line in about how he’s a singlespeed type of guy now but had a brief flirtation with a full-bouncer in his youth.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Kerching 😀

I have saved this as I suspect it may get modded

bikebouy
    Free Member

v8ninety – Member
    Boring answer; reach. )

Well, he wouldn’t have to ask too politely to get a reach around off here now would he.

jkomo

He obviously doesn’t know that they can openly call him a cxx7 where as the worse he’d get here is judged on over use of spacers.
    They love a good swear up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It isn’t just Jezza, though.

STACK FORCE ONE.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Les clips et les straps.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Das ist mein e-huck-vagen.

takisawa2

😀 at ^^^

Brilliant.

matt_outandabout

Yoiksh. Ze Dutch minister does it with schtyle…

perchypanther
    Free Member

“Ah’ll sort you out with INDEPENDENT suspension, mate!”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

President Sportive-Mamil

wallop

Perchy 😆

Mark

About 4-5 times as much, but pretty good estimate.

http://www.trafficestimate.com/singletrackworld.com

http://www.trafficestimate.com/mumsnet.com

Those numbers are out by a factor of three. We get around 3 million ‘visits’ a month.
    We were on track for 2 million unique users in the last 30 days until the sunny bank holiday came and buggered that up.

phunkmaster
    Free Member

It’s not quite Corbyn, but part of a thread from this form was used on last year’s AS English language paper for the meaning and representation question.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Why mumsnet and not us?’ is closed to new replies.