Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • why jailbreak an ipod touch?
  • shreck
    Free Member

is it worth doing and what are the benefits?

CountZero

Not sure if you can, after all it’s an iPod, not a phone, so there’s no network to jailbreak. You don’t jailbreak wifi.

jam-bo

you can run apps from outside the app store.
    you can change the layout and appearance.
    you can completely bork it.

jam-bo

Countzero – thats unlocking. jailbreaking can be done on both.

DickBarton

What is jailbreaking then?

jam-bo

jailbreaking is unlocking the operating system.

CountZero

Sorry, but I just can’t see the point. Once you’ve done that you get no more upgrades, and it’s difficult to imagine there could be many apps from outside that do things any better than Appstore ones. ‘Course, I’ve got a phone, and I want to keep it running properly, not risk screwing it all up, and I want to continue getting upgrades to it’s OS. Plus I just don’t know enough to do it and sort out any issues.

shreck
    Free Member

Can you not get all the apps from the apple store once u jailbreak it?

DickBarton

I never knew Apple geeks could get so engrossed in a primarily PC-orientated past time…interesting…

wors

I have heard that the touch and the iphone share the same guts, and if you jailbreak the touch you can use it as a phone, there are plenty of sites if you google it.

andywhit
    Free Member

>I have heard that the touch and the iphone share the same guts, and if you jailbreak the touch you can use it as a phone, there are plenty of sites if you google it.

April 1st still a few weeks away 🙂

andywhit
    Free Member

http://www.truphone.com/ will allow you to use a touch as a phone using VoIP. You have to buy a separate mic/headset for the touch also + it requires you to be within range of a usable wireless network of course.

truphone is available free from AppStore so no need to jailbreak to use it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘why jailbreak an ipod touch?’ is closed to new replies.