Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 150 total)
  • why isn't the back button working?
  • mrchrispy

had a glitch around 4pm for me. none of the links worked (back button/threads/etc).

started to get the shakes for a bit but then it cleared!!

stealthcat

Seems to be getting worse at the moment – it looks as though each page is loading 4 or 5 times. And the sidebars aren’t loading at all…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Back button now failing for me on ios7 and ios6 both via wifi.

SaxonRider

Now I’m home, the back button doesn’t work in Safari either.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Chrome on android here and its doing my head in.

chvck
    Free Member

I can make you a collaborator/owner on github if you want to just base off the existing one? I can also do the same in the chrome app store if I can figure out how… For some reason it won’t let me upload a zip of the latest code.

Also getting the back button issue sporadically in Chrome on Linux Mint as it appears that my Premier sub has run out – will get a sub I guess!

EDIT: managed to update the chrome store

richmars

Chrome on Android, no back button.
    Chrome on Windows 7 (work and home), no back button.

Is it that hard?

cheers_drive

Just happened to me for the first time. Is it ad related as it stopped after I signed in?

boblo
    Free Member

This morning site becoming unusable. Chrome on Android. Fix it please.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

happens to me, chome, windows7

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Still happening-Chrom on Android and Win7 Laptop. Tried clearing cache/cookies logging in-out etc. No joy.

Alphabet

And I thought it was my new Android phone so it’s good to know it’s not just me. It started me reaching back towards the old iPhone …

boblo
    Free Member

Well done whoever fixed it. Now why did it take you so long? 🙂

z1ppy

yes looking good for me again, bloody annoying when it doesn’t work.. hit back, hit it again, hit it several times in annoyance and end up back at google… bugger

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

not fixed on Firefox on W7 🙁

stilltortoise
    Free Member

People still click on back buttons?

<swooshes with 2 fingers on trackpad to go back to previous page>

boblo
    Free Member

There isn’t a trackpad on my Nexus 7…

aracer
    Free Member

<middle click> <CTRL-W>

Cougar

People still click on back buttons?

Well, I usually just use backspace. Or Alt and the arrow keys if I’m forwards as well. Or, the two dedicated buttons on this laptop. World’s your mollusc, really.

There isn’t a trackpad on my Nexus 7…

The entire screen is a trackpad.

boblo
    Free Member

Well I must be a flid then cos I can’t use two fingers to swoosh anywhere here. I am however right now using them for a more conventional communication function…. 😛

jp-t853

TurnerGuy – Member

not fixed on Firefox on W7

Still not working for me

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Well, I usually just use backspace

Backspace not working on Firefox on W7… 🙁

aracer
    Free Member

boblo I think it must ne something wrong your end as your finger gestures still aren’t coming through.

boblo
    Free Member

There you go, how’s that? 😀

aracer
    Free Member

Working now

spursn17
    Free Member

Still happening for me.

It started about two weeks ago on desktop PC, laptop, and Android phone. All running Firefox. This is the only website that the fault occurs on.

boblo
    Free Member

Chaps, the YTS webmaster has obviously been fiddling again. The back button issue fixed a couple of weeks ago is back. Had a release by any chance? Android BTW. There’s also the new issue of the page ‘flicking’ as it’s being loaded. It seems to fully load and just as you pick an element, the page content jumps up a couple of lines so you pick the wrong element. Does this make sense?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Still wrong on Firefox.

Funny, as a developer I am embarrassed by bugs in my code and want to fix it asap. Obviously web developers don’t think like this…

I suppose Firefox only has about 14% of the market, so not a priority.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

boblo – Member
    Chaps, the YTS webmaster has obviously been fiddling again. The back button issue fixed a couple of weeks ago is back. Had a release by any chance? Android BTW. There’s also the new issue of the page ‘flicking’ as it’s being loaded. It seems to fully load and just as you pick an element, the page content jumps up a couple of lines so you pick the wrong element. Does this make sense?

Exactly the same happening for me. Chrome on OSX 10.10

nickjb
    Free Member

Its usually advert related so I suppose they are at the mercy of the poor code embedded in the adverts. Ashy, have you got ads turned off?

Rio

Not working for me (Firefox 30.0.3 on Windows 8.1). Really frustrating when you google something and it gives a result on STW, find it isn’t what you want and then want to go back to your google results. On the plus side it does give me a nostalgic feeling that I’ve fallen in to a time warp of 1990s web site design.

Edit: Firefox has just updated itself to 33.1 and it doesn’t work on that either.

nickjb
    Free Member

If you click and hold the back button it should show all of you back options. Usually the page has loaded then reloaded a few times hence one back press not doing anything

boblo
    Free Member

But Nick, that is just a work around for shonky code. This is the only site I use where the back button doesn’t go…back page by page. The other sites also carry 3rd party ads…

Rio

If you click and hold the back button it should show all of you back options.

Indeed, and that’s what I did. But it’s not what I should have to do. As boblo says, the back button should take you back

Cougar

Assuming it’s a rogue advert, all you [P]remium users can switch them off in the site’s Account settings you know.

Anyone done that and still seeing an issue?

houndlegs
    Free Member

Playing up for me again as well. Chrome on android.
    And as boblo says,the page is jumping/flicking.
    But I never knew about holding the back button down and it showing all the pages,so i have learnt something new today.

boblo
    Free Member

Cougar, presumably advertisers pay to advertise and if they provide the code, it’s tested before being released into the wild? Assuming they’re paying, it’s logical they’d prefer not to piss everyone off in the process … Blaming 3rd parties is a bit daft though really (but something I reserved the privilege of in my day job 🙂 )

jp-t853

Back button is working tonight for the first time in weeks.

Windows 7 Firefox.

I hope it stays

Ambrose

Windows 7, Firefox. Brand new laptop, all updated and running tikkety boo. except for this site, back button still screwed. I’m not a premium user but was thinking about asking Santa for a subscription. TBH, if premium users have the same problem I’ll not bother.

boblo
    Free Member

Good to see you boys put in the effort today and fixed this. Oh, hang on a minute… :-/

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘why isn't the back button working?’ is closed to new replies.