Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Why is the PlanetX website so dire?
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

To be fair many other websites are dire too, but the PX one is my current beef.

I want to buy some new tyres.  I want them to be for 700c wheel and around 32mm.

They have a filter for wheel size; and one for gender (FFS) and one for Colour ….. but none for tyre width.

So who at planet x looked at this and decided “yes, that’s spot on, good job people”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Or maybe it’s like when you are in the taxi home after a night out and you have a tenner so walk the last mile….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Works for me? There’s too much choice though, lists every size of tyre and innertube even if it doesn’t exist.

chakaping
    Free Member

Pay monkeys, get peanuts. Or something.

Not sure what I mean, but at least I make more sense than mikew.

Northwind

Probably because half their entries for tyre sizes and the like are wrong anyway so it’d just show you bad results.

psycorp
    Free Member

It’s been crap for years. The crapness has been commented on/pointed out many times.

So the real question should be why haven’t they fixed it?

brant
    Free Member

Typing 700 32 tyre in the search bar seems to work for me.

I’m not sure why you can’t sort by width. Will have a look what we can do.

Paradiso
    Free Member

Seems fine to me.  Never had a problem finding stuff or ordering.

funkmasterp

Seems okay apart from the gender thing. Do tyres come in male and female like some electrical connectors? Wanders off to ponder the gender of the Maxxis Agressor

darrenspink
    Free Member
    nickdavies

To be fair, its better than CRC, where you can filter and sort to your hearts content but then every result youre interested in is out of stock and only tells you its out of stock when you try and add it to the basket.

damascus
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s that bad. There’s much worse examples..

Id like to filter out “waiting for stock” but apart from that i find it adequate

akira

CRC just select in stock from the filter and that sorts it.

timba
    Free Member

It works better than some sites that I could mention…

I was amused though by this long-sleeved jersey, the “fabric (is) soft to the touch, insulting and retains its warmth”. For £19.99 you get told that you’re lazy and not really trying hard enough??

brant
    Free Member

😂

Will get that fixed.

cookeaa

TBH on most sites so long as I can select a category and then sort it by price: low-high, that’s all I really need.

Yes it’s nice to pair things down by various fields but it’s not essential…

Poopscoop

Perhaps the gender  menu is to be inclusive?

The duo down box would have to be mahoosive as there are more genders than stars in the universe these days.

No offence intended by the way! I’m a lefty liberal and it’s all good.

nickc

That turnip is quite funny though

nixie

Maintaining decent sort filters and the properties against the products is major headache. Especially if you have to go back over your catalogue to fix it.

damascus
    Free Member

Do tyres come in male and female like some electrical connectors? Wanders off to ponder the gender of the Maxxis Agressor

Perhaps if you are a lady searching for kit it’s very annoying looking at all the stuff for men?

I think most of these sites are set up for men so we think it’s strange to have the filter? Unfortunately, you can’t switch it off for tyres

warpcow
    Free Member

To be fair, its better than CRC, where you can filter and sort to your hearts content but then every result youre interested in is out of stock and only tells you its out of stock when you try and add it to the basket

There is a filter to only show in stock items 😉

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Better than Screwfix. For work wear, rather than pick an item and have the available sizes listed, it has every size, for each item listed as a separate product… So for a pair of trousers, scroll through every waist / leg combo.

completley baffling why they do this, but then they are based in Yeovil

bigyan
    Free Member

I would assume cost of website would exceed increased profit, therefore not worth doing.

They are selling cheap.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Why is the PlanetX website so dire?’ is closed to new replies.