Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)
  • Why is Moyles still on the radio?
  • ooOOoo
    Free Member

I cannot believe that stubbly Jabba lookalike is still hosting the breakfast show on the nation's top station.

Surely, SURELY there is someone younger, funnier and more original that should have taken over by now. The biggest gig in the country and for the Xth year still nothing better than "oooh I went to the pub last night" and carpark catchphrase. It simply defies belief.

Kramer
    Free Member

I never got the joke in the first place.

wombat

I agree, he's a crass lout with no readily identfiable talent IMO.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I have just started tuning in to him and for some reason find him refreshing compared to HEART with Sam and Amy doing my head in..

zaskar
    Free Member

I still listen to Wogan on radio 2…Chris Evans is replacing him soon.

colnagokid

other radio stations are available (never heard Moyles for years, he makes me physically ill)

clubber
    Free Member

I quite happily listen to his show. Not sure I particularly like him but I do enjoy it. Guess I'm not alone on that.

You'll probably say you liked mark and lard anyway so I wouldn't hold out much hope for your 'taste' 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

I'd like to drop an old VHS player on him.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Wogans great but bring on the Evans

project
    Free Member

Who is this Moyles,you speak of,a talentless unemployed person,who plays records to keep himself occupied,and inbetween speaks maeaningless drivel,sexist purile coments,and basic crap.

It,ll never catch on.

lowey

I think his show is very entertaining.

mybike
    Free Member

Must of really bothered you….his show finished at 10.00 this morning 🙁

Better than the young 'One Extra' types that fill in, now they are $HITE

ooOOoo
    Free Member

OOooo clubber you got me there! I think I'm still riled by when he used to come on after them in the afternoon and we all used to swear at the radio.

So as a "quite happy" listener, can you name 1 original, funny idea that he's come up with?! Or do you just treat it as a kind of audio wallpaper?

I'm sure he's a step up from Heart, like hospital radio. But surely half the population could do a better job. His TV shows have failed, he writes **** books…..I keep waiting for someone funny to come along and rip him to shreads so he retires out of embarassment, but alas it never happens.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Yeah mybike I just had a conversation with a mate who said 'I quite like Moyles', that set me off. Though he also said he like Fearne Cotton (on the webcam only he says)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I believe the Radio 2 breakfast show is the bigger "gig" out of the two isn't it? I have a feeling Evans will blow Moyles out of the water when he starts though.

Still, it's AM for me till around 8.30 and then Shaun Keaveney.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Evans has gone really bland nowadays. Edgier than Wogan I'm sure but…well…that's Radio Pleasant for you.

MtbCol
    Free Member

I gave up on Moyles and his drivel ages ago.
    I like my radio to play a lot more music – all you get with fatmouth is too much rubbish being spouted and not enough tunes being played.

MAybe I'm getting old…

finbar
    Free Member

I think he's great. Carpark catchphrase is bloody funny.

But then again i'm not an STW grandad.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I quite like him sometimes and find some bits quite funny, however often he is just an egotistical tw**! I often just have it on in the background on the drive to work only because I can't stand local radio with guff adverts, never listened to Radio 2….isn't that for old people? 😉
    What kind of stuff is played?

si-wilson
    Free Member

anyone listen to george lamb?

carlphillips
    Free Member

i tune in on the way to work but instantly tune out as soon as they start singing. i hate that. evans for me as soon as he starts

Candodavid
    Free Member

5 live or radio 4 on the way in to work, Evans on the way home

samcamsdad

moyles is alright, but i am finding him more annoying as the years go on.
    think ill try chris evans when he starts on 2.
    as for ferne cotton, who on earth let this feeble excuse for a presnter anywhere near a radio station? she killed top of the pops, and is gonna kill radio 1 too! bring back mark and lard, or put adam and joe on radio 1 or 2 in the week.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I just can't get worked up over it. He's no Nobel prize winner, he's no comic genius and some areas I find a but stupid. But in general it's easy listening babble, much like going to the pub. Do I think he's a genius? No. Do I wan't to listen to a comic genius while driving a car to work in the morning? No, I just want to drive to work. I think the point is that he's so incredibly average that most people find him unobtrusive and acceptable, hence he has high ratings.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I think he's great. Carpark catchphrase is bloody funny.

But then again i'm not an STW grandad.

You poor little poppet – you really don't know any better do you 😥

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Coffeeking – I think you make a good summary. My point is that the R1 breakfast show deserves far better than average.

finbar
    Free Member

You poor little poppet – you really don't know any better do you

Educate me then Mr radio light entertainment authority.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Maybe they should get Westwood on. If they really want a dirty old man first thing in the morning he's far more qualified.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

No R4 fans here then… Not interested in the news, I take it.

emac65
    Free Member

Never listen to radio 1,mainly becuase I can't stand the dj's or music they play…

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

listened to Radio 2….isn't that for old people?
    What kind of stuff is played?

I can listen to Radio 2 quite happily once the silly old bag pisses off at 07:30am… Often have it on when driving..

speaker2animals

While I don't listen to him and am not keen (but don't hate) on the evidence of what passes for talent and originality these days is he likely to be 'bettered'?

IMHO anyone who could keep the Moyles audience would do the same sort of crap. Mind you perhaps they could give George Lamb the gig so we can have some talent back on R6 in the morning.

will
    Free Member

Have to say I do like the Chris Moyles show. However I think it's "the team" that make it, not just Chris. When he is on his own, he often isn't that funny.

Local radio offends me, and i'm never in a CD mood, so radio 1 is a good option 🙂

Wish my car had a DAB radio – Absolute Radio, love that!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I thought you wanted comedy authority finbar? 🙂

Hmmm well I'm no authority but Mark & Lard used to write at least 3 new sketches a day. Chris Evans was bit twatty but at least if he went on a bender he'd stay on it and not bother to turn up to work, instead of boring the audience with it. My favourite ever was probably Jonny Vaughan & Denise van outen on the Big Breakfast, genuinely funny first thing in the morning. But if you can suggest someone better than Moyles I'm all ears, seriously!

Maybe that's it- he's been on so long that he's forced everyone to lower their expectations.

clubber
    Free Member

Agreed it's the team as a whole that make it good more than moyles himself. Can't particularly recall examples of good stuff but then I also can't recall any of the p.o.s. supposedly funny or clever stuff that m&l did either so…

waihiboy
    Free Member

he is a bit crap but what the **** is sarah cox still doing on there and HOW did she get the job in the first place, she can't even speak properly!

chris evans in his day beat moyles hands down.

anyone remember years ago he got his team to have what basically was a gumball rally round central london and he got booked by the fuzz?

or did i dream that one?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Moyles and the rest of his sidekicks are crass idiots appealing to chav's, typical gobby full of himself DJ..don't like him either, I listen to Wogan because cant be bothered listening to anyone else, will be glad when Chris Evans takes over though. I also think radio to should get rid of that annoying arse Steve Wright and his pathetic sidekicks they are well past their sellbuy date.

Kuco

The one that baffles me is Sarah Kennedy how the hell is she still on the radio 😕

steve_b77
    Free Member

Talk sport is the only way forward for all day radio.

That or Kerrang/XFM/Absolute – gotta have DAB though

tankslapper
    Free Member

My biggest fear is that that twonk will eventually move to Radio 2

He's fat
    Ugly
    Boring
    Probably the most non-funny bod I know!
    Comedy Dave? What a ****!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Why is Moyles still on the radio?’ is closed to new replies.