Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Why is it…
  • flyingmonkeycorps

…That I don’t need a jump bike at all, I won’t use one because a) I can’t jump and b) there are no jumps near me yet I’m still having to fight the temptation to buy a Charge Iron from Evans?

binners

Your trying to attribute rationality, common sense and logic to bike purchases.

That way lies madness. Just buy it! 😀

wwaswas

don;’t buy it, you’ll either

a) break yourself

or

b) spend a year watching it gathering dust in a corner whilst you lament your lack of skill and opportunity to use it.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Because jump bikes all look cool period.

legend
    Free Member

Nope, not all….

geetee1972
    Free Member

Nope, not all….

Ah, but that’s not a jump bike is it. It’s a great big pile of horse shit dressed up to look like a jump bike.

My statement still stands

dexa

Nice hammer. I want one

flyingmonkeycorps

b) spend a year watching it gathering dust in a corner whilst you lament your lack of skill and opportunity to use it.

Probably that… But but but I won £100 Evans vouchers, they have the Iron frame for £100 and I have most of the bits I’d need to build it up…

billyblackheart
    Free Member

Good lord that bike is ugly!

Path could do with some weeding 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

Good lord that bike is ugly!
    Path could do with some weeding.

Nice hammer though.

billyblackheart
    Free Member

A very good hammer indeed, I do love a well worn shaft.

dday

One can only assume that hammer was used to dramatically un-straighten a perfectly good downpost?

flyingmonkeycorps

I’m starting to think that maybe I need a new hammer instead of a jump frame. Cheers guys!

njee20
    Free Member

I think jump bikes look awful actually! BMXs look cool!

watsontony
    Free Member

i like mine

billyblackheart
    Free Member

i like mine

Did the 1990’s take a shit on your wheels? 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

I don’t like jump bikes.

But I do really like hammers. (I own up to, and including, 3 hammers !) 😉

I own Zero jump bikes, although I do have plans to double that number very soon.

watsontony
    Free Member

Did the 1990’s take a shit on your wheels?

i saw them, i wanted them, i got them, and i love em. just waiting on a few more purple bits

GeForceJunky

My modified Dialled Holeshot …

flyingmonkeycorps

That Dialled is bloody lovely!

I still can’t help being tempted… Would be looking at a similar build to that but probably with two brakes to make it more fun on singletrack and such as well as arsing about on the street and pump tracks

GeForceJunky

I do have another Holeshot frame I need to sell. Light blue, size short and with standard vertical dropouts. I have modified the above bike slightly. Its now got lighter wheels and forks bringing the weight down to 20.8 lbs!

flyingmonkeycorps

Behave 😉 I don’t have any actual money to spend on a frame sadly, just a £100 Evans voucher burning a hole in my pocket and a bargain Charge Iron frame on there. I could really do with a tent or a nice down jacket though, and I’ve no idea if the Iron is actually any good!

GeForceJunky

I can’t remember but isn’t the Iron 24″ specific? Its a pure dirt jump frame from what I remember, short, heavy and twitchy. The Dialled Holeshot is more of a 4x frame so its a bit slacker, longer, lighter and designed with 1×9 speed in mind.

I’d use the £100 to buy something bling from Evans and search down the back of the sofas for £100 to buy my Holeshot 😉

flyingmonkeycorps

I think it is aye, I don’t think it’d be much use for me to be honest! I am half tempted to sell my hardtail (Mmbop) and buy something more 4X-y, the Ragley is pretty similar to my Hemlock and hasn’t even being built up for about a year!

molgrips
    Free Member

Maybe you can’t jump BECAUSE you don’t have a jump bike…?

flyingmonkeycorps

I wish I could believe that were true…

GeForceJunky

I do also have this I need to sell (not mine, built it for a mate but we have now built him a 4x hardtail) but I its more of a ‘cool kids down the skatepark’ kinda bike. £220 but the forks are utterly fubared.

26″ wheeled 4x hardtails with a few gears are defiantly the way forward if your not pulling superman-backflip-tailwhips all the time.

timbur
    Free Member

As Luke said.
    Built a Trailstar up once as I had the bits in the shed and the frame was cheap.
    It went to the pub and back twice before it was sold.
    That was in 12 months of owning it :O(

flyingmonkeycorps

Looks like a nice 4X frame would suit me better then as a bit of an all rounder.

Realistically, what I really want is a play bike – I’m being made redundant / going self employed in a few months, so something I can piss about on out the door (in the middle of the flattest city in the world) is what I really want.

I had a BMX once, never rode it, and I have a road bike but I don’t really like riding on the road.

dmw536
    Free Member

Heres my sidekick I started building up last week with spares laying around in the house (hence the miss matched wheels) just about finished.
    Will it get used? Who knows, might make it to the jumps at sherwood pines at some point, but it’ll be fun riding to the pub and to lectures on it!

_tom_
    Free Member

Charge Blender! Funnest bike I’ve ridden 😀

BMXes do look better though, and feel better for proper jumps!

flyingmonkeycorps

How slack is the seat tube on that Blender!

_tom_
    Free Member

Dunno 68 or something like that. You don’t notice it though, it’s fine for pedalling around on.

flyingmonkeycorps

Aye I don’t suppose it’s a bike you buy for cross country epics really.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yep I’m not really into that sort of riding any more anyway, mtb is for fun and road is for getting the miles in! With a long post it’s not really bad though, I’ve had no problems getting round cannock on it and that’s about the extent of my “xc” riding really!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Dartmoor make some stunning bikes. Especially their dj bikes. I’m just building up a shine which is dj / fr / mini dh sort of full sus..100 rear shock and will take up to 140 front.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just a few dartmoor pron pics..

_tom_
    Free Member

I really want to have a go on a Shine.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Last few..

stevenieve
    Free Member

My old Yeti DJ, replaced with the Double which is a bit more forgiving on the knees

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Why is it…’ is closed to new replies.