Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Why I run
  • theteaboy
    Free Member

This is ace…

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running

(Thanks Paul)

geoffj

Like!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Superb

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dannybgoode

The Oatmeal rocks – check out the Bobcats series also (well and all his other stuff)…

Cheers

Danny B

crikey
    Free Member

Meh.

In the past my ancestors ran to get away from tigers, and to catch pigs. I ran to win races and for buses, and then to catch girls and be first at the buffet. I don’t go for all this spiritual exercise stuff so it leaves me cold and even more cynical..

jonjones262
    Free Member

excellent!! 🙂

piemonster

Loved it

piemonster

crikey – Member

You grumpy old sourpuss

jonba
    Free Member

Loved the purple drink, genuine lol since I’ve hit that point on rides before now. Mini cheddars, third feed station first time I did the k100. Hell, then heaven.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Not as good as my dog the paradox but still excellent.

brakes
    Free Member

do you have to be a runner to get this?
    I don’t get it.
    I hate running.

Jamie
    Free Member

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

I like that.

Something similar…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZHBSBG7RSs[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

I hate running, I am crap at it.

I run because I hate being crap at things, and I hate missing out on something that should be good.

Jamie
    Free Member

I hate running, I am crap at it.

Nah. Once you get the logistics of carrying all your bits and bobs sorted, you’ll be reet.

tomhoward

I run because I’m late for something.

molgrips
    Free Member

Once you get the logistics of carrying all your bits and bobs sorted, you’ll be reet.

Bits and bobs aren’t so much of a problem. Carrying 10kg of lard is harder.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I don’t go for all this spiritual exercise stuff so it leaves me cold and even more cynical..

+1

Don’t get it and I love running, that said I don’t get the way people treat cycling as a religion and/or spiritual experience on here either.

molgrips
    Free Member

I find that when I do outdoor pursuits, it feels like the norm, like the way life should be. Then when I have to go back to work it’s some horrible interlude I have to endure.

nosemineb
    Free Member

I really wanted to like that but I didnt, I guess I dont run for those reasons.
    Ive just always liked running, always been ok at it.
    Quite like the vid though, Thats more me, running to the Hills.
    I like racing, pushing myself harder and seeing whats possible for me. How fast, how far, how long can i go.. And even though I’m only a good club runner, the praise from peers is nice. IMHO

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I don’t run but cycling for me is very similar. It’s an escape and a silencer of all my demons. I’d never preach that to anyone but it works for me.

unklehomered
    Free Member

It transcribes to cycling very well for me, especially my relationship with food. I am currently on a self imposed Pizza ban. No Pizza until I hit 94kg. Then Pizza, and wine. Until then, more riding and the occasional bit of fasting, but mostly riding cos goddamnit its just more fun.

I don’t run because I can’t very well. And I can’t run very because I don’t run.

Cougar

How fast, how far, how long can i go.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rqo49y3jro[/video]

finbar
    Free Member

Wow, that was darker than I expected. And more boring. See also: Haruki Murakami.

I’d rather read why Dathan Ritzenhein, or Julia Lucas, or Galan Rupp, or any other exceptional runner runs.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Why I run’ is closed to new replies.