Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Why I hate enduro riders
  • sirromj

Look at them, so bloody happy – until they need to pedal and then it’s pedally pedally pedally whine whine whine. STFU and pedal you shits.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No caps, spelling OK 2/10

Poopscoop

Hates a strong word mate.

They are still cyclists, end of day.:)

taxi25
    Free Member

Not sure I heard any whinning, just people saying the pedaly bits made it tough. Just a statement of fact not a complaint. Looked great to me, I’m thinking of doing a couple of enduro’s next year and the more pedaling the better for me.

Wookster

Great trail!!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Is enduro XC on a full sus and in DH gear.?

mcnultycop

Nice video.

Day off.

It’s made decide to go to Gisburn.

onandon
    Free Member

So that’s enduro, is it?
    Looks like mountainbiking

parkesie
    Free Member

Only managed a minute of that. Bit peddaly peddaly peddaly peddaly off.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Ever raced sirromj?

BigDummy
    Free Member

No caps, spelling OK 2/10

If it’s scored as a rant, I agree. But I think it’s probably a troll, posing as a rant. It’s irritating, unfair to the point of being irrational, but something that a lot of people are going to feel qualified to weigh in on. We’ll see where the post count gets to, but I’m thinking it’s at least A 4/10 in the troll/rant category.

😉

D0NK

If you want to see people whinge about pedalling you should go to an uplift day. A bus ride to the top then a gentle 30sec slight incline has people off pushing and moaning about hills 🙄

JohnClimber
    Free Member

So Enduro? = For when riding around a trail centre becomes to hard to navigate and you need to pay an even higher price to ride between two tapes so that you don’t get lost 😉

jimjam
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

OP is envious of all the bright colours! 😀

wwaswas

That looked like fun 🙂

Video needed a few more people falling off in comical but non injuring ways, mind.

t-p26
    Free Member

#Endooro is trailriding with a clock ticking that isn`t STRAFFA…..

rocketman
    Free Member

Looks great!

Just like a normal bike ride really

wrecker
    Free Member

Go ride one! Take your XC bike and kit, you’ll be fine!

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

the video made it look a bit tamer than it was, but even so it was quite a tame round. think they deliberately tried to wind it in a bit after the Grizedale one? also probably expected much worse conditions hence using more of the all weather tracks rather than the fresh cut stuff. all good fun.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m thinking of doing a couple of enduro’s next year

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Theoretically I should do ok 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The only whining I see is from you. They’re just commenting on the course.

cookeaa

#Endooro

Shirley…

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Never done a ‘Enduro’ but I finally got to ride Gisburn last weekend,really enjoyed the place.
    As said above those riders aren’t whinging they’re just commenting on the course.The only whining is from the OP..

kimbers

Whiney person comes on internet to whine about enduroists whining

It must be Friday !

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

[three yorkshiremen mode]
    Pedalling…? When I were a lad we carried our bikes up th’ills.
    [/three yorkshiremen mode]

In fact, last weekend we carried our bikes up th’ills. 6,500 ft of hike-a-bike in a 20 mile “ride”!

Northwind

That’s not whining, #endurowhining is pretty distinctive, it’s what we all did after riding stage 6 at this year’s tweedlove ews. It’s just like trail whining only you wear yellow shorts and have to pay £50 to do it.

legend
    Free Member

Give them a break, 100% grinz factor can only be maintained by riding a fatbike – everyone knows that!

beano68
    Free Member

Get a coffee bud ! pointless whinge 😐

gelert
    Free Member

Everyone should race at least one Enduro – they’re absolutely amazing fun.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I have to admit, I can see how that vid’s a challenge to deal-with. Turn the audio balance to the right and you lose the “pedally pedally whine whine” but then you have to deal with the irritating “guitar guitar whine whine”.

You can just hit mute and watch some people riding their bikes, or indeed go for a ride yourself.

Never know, you might lighten up a bit 😉

matt_outandabout

Hate is a strong word.

Northwind

Hate leads to the dark side. Well not any more, the FC closed it because the wood all went rotten.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I might be in the minority but I thought that looked good….

mintimperial

Looked alright, that. Didn’t see any whinging, just some riders observing what sort of riding they’d been doing (pedally, in case you missed it) 😉 . They all looked pretty happy about it though.

PMBA series looks good, doesn’t it? Might have to go and play at being pack-fodder at a few rounds next year. 🙂

gelert
    Free Member

I’m pack-fodder. 50th to 29th so far this season in my age group in PMBA’s sister series the Welsh Enduro Series. I’ve not yet decided if I’ll race the newly added final race at Dyfi or not or leave it until next year now. It’s been loads of fun and the guys at the pointy end are as fit as butcher’s dogs and deserve lots of respect. They only complain because it’s all part of the image of Enduro to complain about pedalling. If there was no pedalling it would be DH. If there was too much pedalling it would be XC. So somewhere in the middle with a gravity bias is where Enduro sits and the technical skills required for some events is on the DH side of things.

This year was my first season doing a few Enduro rounds.

What other kind of racing can you do where a World Cup DH racer comes to race and have fun riding alongside us normal folk on a weekend off? Hats off to Harry Heath at The Marin race. The following weekend he was sat in the hot seat for ages at the World Cup DH.

scaredypants

Yeh, bloody enduroists – I keep passing them on my mtb while commute

they never say hello do they ?

– oh

br
    Free Member

Yes, and judging by the vid few of them even needed a Camelbak so no doubt a short ‘lap’ 🙂

tazzymtb

Go ride one! Take your XC bike and kit, you’ll be fine!

does the ard rock enduro count? in which case its been moshed by beardie singlespeeder-ists on rigid bikes that cleaned all the climbs and were jolly quick when compared to the enduro masses overall

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Why I hate enduro riders’ is closed to new replies.