Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Why don't you ride a 29er? New bike content
  • stotti
    Free Member

I used to think 29ers were a bit awkward looking so didn't really pay them much attention, I also didnt think they would be that much different, I'm glad one of my friends convinced me otherwise. My new bike is the most confidence inspiring bike I have ever ridden, and I think it looks ok.

Vortexracing

Why don't you ride a 29er?

because i'm 5foot 4inches tall, with a 27.5inch inside leg! 🙁

keavo
    Free Member

i do, but what took you so long?

29erKeith
    Free Member

Nice!
    I like the new Green

Just waiting for a Kermit Green Niner to arrive fingers crossed in the next few days

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Yeah, I like mine too. Though yours is a nice colour and has 6 more gears 😛

sheldona
    Free Member

Why don't you ride a 29er?

too mainstream! ;¬)

hopster
    Free Member

Because I vertically challenged and just couldn't get the bars low enough to give it some serious grunt up the hills. Oh and the steering was rubbish IMO, slow and just didn't feel right.

stotti
    Free Member

being too short is a pretty good argument, cant say i notice the steering being any slower though.

Keva
    Free Member

yup, only 5'4" here too…. not even the slightest bit interested in them.

clubber
    Free Member

Because despite theoretically being the target market (I'm 6'5") I've tried several and just haven't found one that I really liked. I always felt like I was trundling along – no doubt I wasn't any slower but I just didn't enjoy the experience and since I'm not racing, I don't see the point if it's less fun.

I'm still on the lookout for one I like though – if I had the spare cash, I'd love to get one of the new Niner carbon ones which look beautiful

gtkid
    Free Member

I did, for 2 and a half years, but just couldn't get on with it in the long term so have sold it and gone back to 26 🙂

NewRetroTom

I do.
    I think everyone taller than 5'10" should give one a try. I went back to my 26" wheeled bike last week after 6 months on the 29er and it just felt so wrong!
    Can't find any disadvantages when I'm on it, but find bigger wheels make it a bit harder to carry and fit in the car boot.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Why don't you ride a 29er? New bike content’ is closed to new replies.