Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Why dont they put toys in cereal boxes anymore?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

or holograms or 3d moving picture cards or plastic cars or helicopters etc….

no fun anymore 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Choking hazard.

tazzymtb

anyone remember the black cauldron firgures from the 80’s? I spent ages collecting all the characters and made the special scenery out of the back of the boxes and it was………..all a bit crap 😥

ziggy
    Free Member

What Elf said.

I miss the days of 3 spokey dokeys or a Tony the Tiger wheel reflector at breakfast 🙁

geoffj

Magnets in innocent smoothies – every domestic appliance is covered in the bloody things in the j household.
    Nearly as popular as Lego mini figures!

Stoner
    Free Member

so how many kids did kellogs spokey dokies kill?

Nick

Weetabix Dr Who cards FTW

SaxonRider

Traveling on the motorways makes me suspect that at least some people are still getting their driving licenses from a cereal box!

wingnuts

I remember having to cut out and fold the printed shape on the cornflakes packet. I ended up with a collection of animal heads which I hung in my bedroom. I felt like a big game hunter… with scissors

phiiiiil

Those submarines you fill with baking powder and watch them go up-down-up-down-up-down in a jug of water were ace! Where did they all go?

RichPenny
    Free Member

You could always put your own in to amuse the children. Then when they do eventually choke on a plastic baboon just sue the arse off kelloggs and take them on holiday to the bahamas 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Those submarines you fill with baking powder and watch them go up-down-up-down-up-down in a jug of water were ace! Where did they all go?

Prevention of Terrorism Act.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Again what Elf said but they were awesome weren’t they; remember we were quite skint as kids so a packet of Shreddies with a ‘Shrinkidink’ Blackhole movie piece of plastic was like Christmas

matthewjb
    Free Member

Stoner – Member
    so how many kids did kellogs spokey dokies kill?

Not enough

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

Records on the front of Kellogs cereal at one point. Can remember cutting them out and playing them. Must have been some time in the late 80’s?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Shrinkidinks were my favourite too

M6TTF
    Free Member

Shrinkidinks were my favourite too

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Choking hazard.
    POSTED 8 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Surely that can’t be right? what about Kinder eggs?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I remember records too, I got ‘three is the magic number’ I felt really grown up that day.

I collected a full set of figures from ‘Willow’ it took ages too as I kept getting one of the Dwarfs.

cheers_drive

I remember forcing my mum to change cereal brand so I could collect the Spokey Dokeys they were giving away in the box.

stumpy01

phiiiiil – Member

These were the best ones. They also did little boats that the bubbles came out the back of, propelling them around the sink….

jon1973
    Free Member

Why dont they put toys in cereal boxes anymore?

It’s all part of the government’s austerity measures.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Phah.. cheep crap. What I remember is a full working model snap-together kit of Heathrow Airport all out of a Kinder Egg.

Now the toys are just moulded one-piece rubbish.. Sell for a fortune the early stuff.

Whodathunkit.

bigdawg
    Free Member

Weetabix Dr Who cards FTW

that makes you as least as old as I am.. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Weetabix Dr Who cards

You’ve just brought on a flash back!

Cougar

packet of Shreddies with a ‘Shrinkidink’ Blackhole

ZOMGROFLCOPTERSELEVENTYONE I remember those! I had a Vincent one. You put it in the oven and it magically… got a bit smaller.

They’re still going, it seems. http://www.shrinkydinks.com/

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Why dont they put toys in cereal boxes anymore?’ is closed to new replies.