Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Why don't they list make of bike etc. in race results ?
  • Another one of my half thought through ideas, feel free to tell me why it won't work.

Motor sport results always list the make of vehicle, why not do the same for bike races ?
    When I enter an event on line, I fill in a few boxes for open/sport/veteran/mixed, solo/team, singlespeed/proper bike, team name, etc.
    Does this information get manually typed or copy & pasted in to the spreadsheet or is it done automatically ?
    If it's done automatically, it would be easy to add a few more boxes for frame make, full sus/hardtail/full rigid, 26/29, make of forks, tyres etc. if riders want to give that information.
    There's always going to be riders swapping tyres or even complete bikes before or during a race, but it would be interesting to get an idea of what everyone else is riding and see if there's a pattern to what wins races.

Imagine no more "What tyres for…" questions, just look at last years results and see what everyone else was riding.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

There's always going to be riders swapping tyres or even complete bikes before or during a race, but it would be interesting to get an idea of what everyone else is riding and see if there's a pattern to what wins races.

Technically good, fit, quick riders win races, the bike is secondary.

From a geeky point of view I guess the info might be interesting but it's just putting an extra admin burden ion the organisers.

Tim
    Free Member

Lots of people will be on a different bike as well so fairly useless

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ourmaninthenorth

What is this obsession MTBers have with other people's bikes?

You can't talk to a MTBer until he (always he) has checked out your bike and decided it's good enough to allow you into a conversation.

Racing: it's all about legs, lungs, heart and desire. Not the bike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Why don't they list make of bike etc. in race results ?’ is closed to new replies.