Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Why don't paracetamol's have a sugary coating?
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Would bacteria grow on the sugar?

Swallow with water.

Not chew like a sweet.

Need it to dissolve in certain areas and not in the mouth or under the tongue.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Glad to see the ‘better’!!! Have you talked to someone about this, BTW? Someone who knows, that is, not us, obviously.

I have spoken to hundreds of people over the years, I don’t need them. Life’s great at the moment got to roll with it 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

Why not try the soluble paracetamol, I’m currently on 8 x 500mg per day and I don’t find the taste too bad.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Would bacteria grow on the sugar?

IIRC certain species ferment the stuff.

scaredypants

swiss01 – Member
    similarly a 12- 24 window just isn’t true tho, broadly speaking

I’d say that “broadly speaking” it’s very true.

Granted there’s some small protective effect of parvolex to an already damaged liver (and even a tiny bit of evidence that iv dosing might undo some NABQI binding) but after a typical one-shot o/d, even 24hr is pushing your luck for any significant prevention

Staggered big overdoses are different but even then as a general rule the time from the clinically significant portion of the overdose (ie often 2nd “dose”, that pushes the total amount into danger areas) would effectively start the clock (and from then, arguably, the window is shorter since glutathione is already depleted)

Incremental overdoses like taking 4-6g daily for some time in error are very different but don’t really fit within the “popular” meaning of overdose as used here

IMO

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Why don't paracetamol's have a sugary coating?’ is closed to new replies.