Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Why don't Dirt like fat bikes?
  • dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

It’s mainly hard to grasp because you’re talking total shite

enlighten me.

bedmaker

I really don’t think I could, even if I could be bothered.

You need to find enlightenment yourself grasshoppa.

eshershore
    Free Member

I definitely liked this one

neilwheel
    Free Member

I’m not sure how anyone could resist a ride on that ^

chestrockwell

Anyways Fatbike owners dont really give a toss what others think or say

This, and many other threads would suggest differently.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

I really don’t think I could

No surprises there ey.

neilwheel
    Free Member

dirk_pumpa – Member
    I really don’t think I could
    No surprises there ey.

Not really, you bike Nazi.

teethgrinder

Godwin?

neilwheel
    Free Member

Hopefully?

scud
    Free Member

Of those people above that are scorning fat bikes, how many of you have actually ridden one out of interest? Is it just that big tyres look funny, therefore must be scorned even they do provide float where other tyres don’t and provide silly amounts of grip?

I seem to remember when everyone on 26″ wheels constantly referred to 29ers when i first got one about 5-6 years ago as “clown bikes”, now they are accepted as just another wheel size.

In the words of Paul Calf “if you like it, do it, if you don’t like it, try it, you might like it!”

bedmaker

To be fair, I remember the first time I saw one a few years back thinking what a pointless stupid thing it was. After a few rides on one I still thought it was a bit meh. Then I rode a good one with the right tyres and it clicked.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

A fat bike placed in the top 10 for Megavalanche qualifying……….. Quietened the scoffs and haters and doubters for sure! 😉

Northwind

When did that happen?

accu
    Free Member

last winter I borrowed one from a mate..just to try
    thought always it looks interesting but is useless for me..
    since then I know… I need one !

devs
    Free Member

My girth attracts lots of admiring glances and the attention of hot chicks when I ride it down the beach on hot days. Meanwhile the DH boys are stoked to smell each others helmets and pile into dirty holes. I also get stopped by supermodels doing XC skiing when out on it in the winter, they just can’t get enough of the girth. Meanwhile the DH boys are round each others houses wondering if their pals caught them staring too long at their mums paps. Mostly though I just ride it by myself in the dark on beaches and snowy mountains where no one else can see. I’m so ashamed that I don’t live in Surrey with my 160 FS bike that I have to tell everybody on the internet about daily. I really wish I had a small muddy hill within 4 hours drive that I could go to and show off my “latest offer from CRC” buying prowess. No, instead I have to sneak out and do my best on the miles of sandy beaches, dunes, forests and snowy mountains all accessible from the door. Maybe one day if I work hard enough and get to move to that mtbing mecca I shall be able to afford a real bike and get rid of that shameful girth that holds me back so.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

My girth attracts lots of admiring glances and the attention of hot chicks when I ride it down the beach on hot days. Meanwhile the DH boys are stoked to smell each others helmets and pile into dirty holes. I also get stopped by supermodels doing XC skiing when out on it in the winter, they just can’t get enough of the girth. Meanwhile the DH boys are round each others houses wondering if their pals caught them staring too long at their mums paps. Mostly though I just ride it by myself in the dark on beaches and snowy mountains where no one else can see. I’m so ashamed that I don’t live in Surrey with my 160 FS bike that I have to tell everybody on the internet about daily. I really wish I had a small muddy hill within 4 hours drive that I could go to and show off my “latest offer from CRC” buying prowess. No, instead I have to sneak out and do my best on the miles of sandy beaches, dunes, forests and snowy mountains all accessible from the door. Maybe one day if I work hard enough and get to move to that mtbing mecca I shall be able to afford a real bike and get rid of that shameful girth that holds me back so.

Insecure much?

devs
    Free Member

Well i’d love you to give me a cuddle.

oldnick

I remember 25+ years ago riding back from the LBS on my first MTB, the first one the shop had sold. People stared and laughed at the fat tyres.

Fast forward to today and I think fat bikes look ‘orrible…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Does it need Chris Akrigg or Danny Mac to do a film before they are excepted

Considering the amount of time they spend on trails bikes and there is not exactly a mainstream explosion of them I’d be surprised.

Like most things it’s in the toy/extra bike territory for most people. Hence not a mainstream purchase.

6079smithw
    Free Member

Dirt would love the Salsa Bucksaw, shirley.
    I will get one when they’re about sub £2k RRP, in 2016 probably

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Why don't Dirt like fat bikes?’ is closed to new replies.