• This topic has 25 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Del.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Why does this not bother me?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

I half didn't want to post this however.
    I was working at a Roman Catholic school in Buckinghamshire on Wednesday.
    Whilst we were sorting some outside lighting a group of young Asian lads strolled past, being pretty loud and gobby. One of them said 'that's the school that doesn't allow Muslims in' then they kicked off shouting at the kids inside 'that it didn't matter coz the Muslims were taking over' amongst other tosh.
    As an outsider I stood there a bit lost for words, I did feel that if I said anything it might make an issue of things.
    Soon a teacher came out and just stood there to make his precence known.
    After thowing a few empty cans at the windows and kicking a few bins and another round 'Muslim power' garbage they went.
    I looked at the teacher, he looked at me and just shrugged and went inside.
    I just stood there for a bit thinking **** me are you letting them get away with that?
    Obviously you know were I'm going with this. If the tables were turned it would have been taken seriously surely. Or is this sort of thing common and left unchecked around schools.

oldgit
    Free Member

Doh 'Why does this not bother US'

oldgit
    Free Member

I should say I believe it's kids being morons, just thought this sort of things wasn't acceptable no mater who's doing the shouting.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That's the thing. Most Brits (Of all races and creeds) just want a quiet life, to be left alone and get on in life. It's the tossers (Of all races and creeds) that ruin it. Have a go back at said tossers, and they go crying to mummy, so to speak…..

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Tch! Kids, eh?

BigDummy
    Free Member

It bothers me slightly, but not enough to wish the story ended with someone kicking their heads in or arresting them.

It is a bit sad that people in Britain seek to self-identify purely with a marginal group and then fantasize about "taking over", and it is also irritating that people of one particular religious persuasion don't grasp that their denomination also has schools for its lot. But hey.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The thing that strikes me about this is the nature of the comments. Normally when kids shout abuse, it's negative about the recipiants. However, from what you say, their comments were pro-self which is a little more concerning.

If you need to "turn the tables" to see the issue with this then do so but it begs the question of where this pro-self attitude comes from. It shouldn't make any difference from whom, to whom.

GrahamS

*shrug*

zaskar
    Free Member

Bunch of loser kids messing around.

Black, white, male or female any religion has a few chavs that ruin it for some.

Chill pill and welcome back to the world. I had a shock teaching in a school and they were all bad but it was fun teaching the little terrors.

oldgit
    Free Member

They probably weren't the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree so might have had a problem insulting 10 year old Roman Catholic kids

Trimix
    Free Member

I think we should retaliate by invading a muslim country and imposing our style of democracy on them.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It's just normal kid's stuff, isn't it ? 😕

OK, they used religion as an excuse, but it could have been anything, mods, rockers, punks, football, gangs, etc

War occasionally broke out between my school and another school when I was a kid. There was never any real reason for it, apart from the fact that they were "another school" and apparently a bit "soft". 'Loyalty' and tribalism kicked in, and if one kid from my school got rolled, then revenge would be sought.

I wouldn't worry about – no one got hurt, and I reckon the teachers had the right attitude. Maybe different if someone had got hurt.

khani
    Free Member

just the asian version of nf skinheads, seen it all i have, you get dumb c***s in all levels of society, dont let it get you down, i dont,

gazman
    Free Member

now now oldgit, its not christmas tree its a festive tree remember, "political correctness", bo**ox

khani
    Free Member

i also think a roman catholic school in bucks, probably isnt used to this type of behaviour, where at a mosque in salford its a daily occurance but you dont see it, and no im not a muslim and i dont live in salford but i've seen this s**t all over and weather its nf boys or the bnp as they like to be called now or young or old asian c**ks with a jihad fantasy or evan worse…….. the young conservatives! some peaple just want to give abuse to others, we are all going to hell in a bucket and its a cheap plastic chinese one,,,,,red probably

Northwind

I used to take the piss out of the kids from the local catholic schools too, on the basis that they were all cultists, and possibly terrorists, and most likely being bummed by the chaplains. Nice to see such fine british traditions being upheld.

Onzadog
    Free Member

That's my point, all the examples people are giving are based on insults, not a pro-self attitude. In my mind, that makes a considerable difference.

ton

personally i would like to…………………no, better not make my feelings felt.
    dont wanna upset no one…. 😉

DrDolittle
    Free Member

I'd skin them and roll them in salt!

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

I agree with Trimix. lol

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Funny, I'm more worried that we are all to worried to express our real feelings, that can only lead to no good & suppressed anger…

I feel an uprising in the making, God help us.

Northwind

Onzadog "That's my point, all the examples people are giving are based on insults, not a pro-self attitude. In my mind, that makes a considerable difference."

it seems like you prefer people who put other people down to people who want to raise themselves up? Interesting.

stumpy01

At my school if asian or black kids made racist comments it was always ignored…..if a white person made a racist comment or was accused of making a racist comment – it was straight to head teacher/suspension etc.

I was once called racist by a hindu bloke when we were having a conversation about Hinduism & someone was trying to remember the names of the different gods. I commented that Hanuman (spelling?) was a monkey god & this bloke jumped up & started calling me racist for saying that their gods were monkeys…….pity I knew more about his religion than he did.

I think we had a muslim only school over the road from the back gates of our school…..

mrfrosty
    Free Member

What have the romans ever done for us ?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Northwind, I don't have a preference. Obviously, I'd rather there was none of it. However, I think it's a little difference with a much larger significance. Perhaps your post missed a 😉 or similar.

Del

yes, it bothers me that children can be indoctrinated along sectarian lines at establishments paid for by our taxes. 'faith' schools have no place in a progressive society. mix the bu66ers up and they'll have some experience of dealing with people who may think differently. keep them segregated and they'll always be 'that other lot' and it'll be easy to keep tribalism going.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Why does this not bother me?’ is closed to new replies.