Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 101 total)
  • Why does my wife have an opinion on everything?
  • Sancho
    Free Member

You need to watch the Harry Enfield clip women know your place

McHamish
    Free Member

I also have to unplug the microwave…the thing has a clock on it that starts at 12:00.

“So you used the microwave 2 hours ago did you”

Yes, very clever…you’re like Poirot. I’ll make sure I switch it off next time.

wwaswas

I’ll make sure I switch it off next time.

Amateur 🙂

Reset the time on the microwave so that it looks like the last person to use it was her as you were out of the house at the time: “Not just me who doesn’t switch it off then!”

nealglover
    Free Member

To be fair, there have been endless public information films about turning stuff off at the wall before retiring to bed

Never seen a single one of them 😐

so there must be some benefit to the process.

I will refuse to believe that unless my kettle attacks the house and kills it.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

endless public information films

backing up shite with shite.

wwaswas

but, but plastacine figures say it’s essential!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGPl5vUSL0I[/video]

Diane
    Free Member

I think you need to be a bit assertive. Tell her to stop being ungrateful, that you are working hard to sort things, to keep her ‘butt out’ unless she wants to do it and ask her when she’s going to paint the windows ffs.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I think you need to be a bit assertive. Tell her to stop being ungrateful, that you are working hard to sort things, to keep her ‘butt out’ unless she wants to do it and ask her when she’s going to paint the windows ffs.

… then run…..

stumpy01

McHamish – Member
    We’ve recently moved to a new house, and my current headache is understanding a new set of ‘rules’ that applies to the new house.

If I’m home alone, she comes in and tells me what I haven’t done correctly, i.e. “you’ve left the kitchen door open”, “you should be using the lamp, not the main light”. All hell breaks loose if I forget to switch the kettle off at the wall.

I get moaned at because I don’t wash up straight away after eating (I prefer to digest a bit and relax after dinner)…if I do wash up, she turns up grumbles a bit then rearranges everything on the draining board as I haven’t assembled the dishes correctly.

I sometimes try to help hang the washing out too…usually everything I hang is wrong and has to be redone.

crapjumper – Member
    McHamish. F### me !! Are we married to the same woman ?

+1…

I was asked about something a while back to do with decorating or something and pretty much replied that “we should do what you want to do, because whatever I suggest will be wrong and we’ll do it your way in the end anyway”……that didn’t go down too well 😀

The annoying thing is that I am supposed to do things ‘her way’ but when I suggest certain things that she should do ‘my way’ as it’s clearly a better method I get a couple of hours of silent treatment.

I could give examples, but there would be too many and I’d get a headache.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i properly pmsl when i realised that peterpoddy hadn’t written ‘fist’ on his reply.

i have a guttermind!!

McHamish
    Free Member

The annoying thing is that I am supposed to do things ‘her way’ but when I suggest certain things that she should do ‘my way’ as it’s clearly a better method I get a couple of hours of silent treatment.

I’ve never bothered trying to introduce my own ‘house rules’, mainly because I don’t really have that strong an opinion – if she wants to leave a light on I couldn’t care less. If I notice a light on in a room that’s not being used I just switch it off without thinking “I bet she left it on, I’ll go tell her”.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Reminds me of that wanted advert from Ministry of Sound Magazine that did the rounds years ago:

ARE YOU AGED 18-30, female, slim build, into hardcore techno, a recent graduate and political activist?
    If so, **** off. I want a sh1t-thick blonde with no opinions and massive tits. Reply to box xxxx

😀

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Permission to plagerise…

binners – Member
    Does anyone know the answer to the following philosophical conundrum:

If a man makes a statement, and there isn’t a woman around to hear it, is he still wrong?

Post of the day. Now when to use that one…….

docstar
    Free Member

I don’t know why the switch on the socket outlet would be any different than the switch on the side of the kettle. Same as the shower, if the water isn’t being heated then the only thing drawing power is the neon on the pullcord. I suppose tv’s left on standby may be different.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

carlphilips – that WOULD be a good wife

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Show her the back of your hand, mine has SHUT IT tattooed on it.

A piece of advice you would do well to take yourself – domestic violence is never a thing to joke about.

McHamish
    Free Member

And we left the lights on.

Tsch.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Mrs AD is always right, she tells me so with the most incredible frequency when I’m DIY’ing…..

After a few years though she has finally grasped the fact that if she wants it to look a particular way, she has to ‘finish it off’

So the Kitchen walls are still bare even though I installed the dishwasher and cupboards almost 6 months ago now…she cannot find ‘THE’ tiles she is happy with.

DezB
    Free Member

littlemisspanda – Member
    Show her the back of your hand, mine has SHUT IT tattooed on it.

A piece of advice you would do well to take yourself – domestic violence is never a thing to joke about.

Was I wrong to laugh at this post?

McHamish
    Free Member

Was I wrong to laugh at this post?

You’ll be told in a minute probably.

zippykona

My DIY excuse.

McHamish
    Free Member

I need to get some of those signs.

hooli

Have you lot really not got an equal say in your relationship? I can’t imagine living my life with somebody constantly niggling and telling me what to do.

Yes, I am married and yes to a woman.

benjii19
    Free Member

I’m a bad boy

– I leave clothes on the floor while showering and put them away straight afterwards in the spare room. Apparently you’re supposed to put stuff away when your naked before the shower????

– My slippers live at the side of the bed, however they are never there when I next look. they don’t belong in the bedroom??

I could go on and on and on….

DaRC_L

Haaaha you have fallen in the trap of actually “listening to your Wife”.

If you blank them out, they go away, well they get louder before the go away but eventually they go away of thier own accord.

You need to know that fact first before applying any Bloke logic to anything.
    Yeah I tried that with the first Mrs Darc_L – unfortunately she was a hurricane.

The 2nd, and much improved, Mrs Darc_L does have a lot of the afore-mentioned habits. Fortunately we have a teenage son who delights in verbal wind ups. Dad was right you know etc.. & general mysoginism
    I support him in this, via surreptitous winks & nods – if he’s winding his mum up he’s not winding me up 😀
    The recent switch wars have been interesting… I think we’re in a period of armistice at the moment.

Also, as the only cook in the house, Mrs Darc_L, knows there is a limit to male sufferance.

Bunnyhop

I sometimes try to help hang the washing out too…usually everything I hang is wrong and has to be redone.

I’ve given up telling mr bh he’s (kindly) hung the washing out incorrectly. Instead I sneak out and turn it all upside down and right way round and put it on the bit of line where the sun shines.
    Guilty as charged.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

No.1 son piped up in the middle of a discussion, “No mum, Dad’s right you did say that.”

Poor sod, the naivety of youth.

Hahaha!

thegreatape
    Free Member

My wife used to tell me how to drive. What’s that all about?

ianv
    Free Member

Too right 8)

SnS
    Free Member

Been married 26 years – Only been allowed to be right twice in all that time !

The term ‘nagging’ isn’t allowed, it’s called ‘constructive criticism’ – She’s really good at that !

I’m thinking that I need to start my own series of Last Of The Summer Wine. 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

My wife used to tell me how to drive. What’s that all about?

Don’t know.

Are you a shit driver maybe ? 😉

KennySenior
    Free Member

thegreatape
    Free Member

Are you a shit driver maybe ?

Standby, I’ll just go and ask.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Chop her in for a younger model. That’ll learn’er!

CountZero

Haaaha you have fallen in the trap of actually “listening to your Wife”.

If you blank them out, they go away, well they get louder before the go away but eventually they go away of thier own accord.
    A pair of these can be very useful, don’t even need to be plugged in:

teethgrinder

A pair of these can be very useful, don’t even need to be plugged in

Are they for ‘her’?
    Keep her happy with one in the pink, one in the …

FOG

It’s the driving thing that does it for me too. She’s far too lazy to drive if we go anywhere together but spends the journey slagging off my driving or offering helpful suggestions like, ‘CAREFUL!’.Maybe my driving is crap but compared to her I’m wonderful. She is exactly the dithery woman driver your dad used to swear at. Needless to say on the few occasions she drives and I am in the car I am not allowed to mention her driving even when she in is some absurd lane going round a roundabout. She once got lost about 300 metres from our house. We have lived there 25 years. I rest my case.

Scapegoat

Yeah I tried that with the first Mrs Darc_L – unfortunately she was a hurricane.

My first wife was like a hurricane. Wet and windy when she came, and took my house and car with her when she left.

neilthewheel

Boom tish

Scapegoat

I’m here all week.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Why does my wife have an opinion on everything?’ is closed to new replies.