Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Why does everyone else's bike…
  • Kryton57

…look better than mine? :-/

It’s like everyone else’s lunch at work is better than mine also, what kind of psychology is this? Tell me you’re affected too…

Junkyard
    Free Member

I just down graded my wheelset to make yours look better 😉

As I am a vegan do you really think my lunch looked better?

njee20
    Free Member

Nope, I love my bikes, and my own lunch.

tazzymtb

no, mine are flippin ace

bikebouy
    Free Member

You need more beer..

Harry_the_Spider

I can assure that my bike looks like a bag of shit.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I sort of know what you mean. I love my bike but it’s scuffed, dented, scratched and generally tatty although mechanically pretty spot on.

It certainly looks much older than it is but I see other folks bikes which are as old or older that look almost pristine.

TiRed

Thought you’ve just bought a Defy. Get some bling wheels and a decent colour coordination. Mine looks 8) by any standards.

Kryton57

Junkyard – lazarus
    I just down graded my wheelset to make yours look better

Lol!

I sort of know what you mean. I love my bike but it’s scuffed, dented, scratched and generally tatty although mechanically pretty spot on.

It’s not that, mine are in good nick too, but all these Cotics, turners, salsa’s being posted etc all look sooooo good!

Kryton57

TiRed – Member
    Thought you’ve just bought a Defy. Get some bling wheels and a decent colour coordination. Mine looks by any standards.

Only a 3, and as a winter / trainer so I don’t want to bling it up but anyway it rides so surprisingly well why would I?

hairyscary

I ride a Marin…..yours has to look better.

Edit….I no longer ride it as I cracked the frame last week 🙁

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Listen, I ride an Orange 5 so how do you think I feel??

Looks however, are immaterial in my case.

I_Ache
    Free Member

My BFe looks pretty nice even up close and my Enduro looks alright from a distance but the paint looks knackered up close. I have had a few comments about the Enduro looking like a great bike so I am unsure if I am being overly critical of it.

TiRed

as a winter / trainer

It’s a slippery slope. You’ll have an advanced SL before you know it 😉

Kryton57

Lol, maybe if the Sempre breaks…..

456mocha
    Free Member

My bike could be described as “covered in super glue and thrown through CRC”… and it’s brown! (I still love it though)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Mine are the best looking. Apart from Daves.

takisawa2

Try having metallic brown hair & the magic ability to look camp, even in a back to front balaclava.

Trust me. My bikes look as camp as I do.
    And lunch is for wimps.

Buttscratcher
    Free Member

I only have one bike…. Which I *really* look after.

I also have one gnome.

samuri
    Free Member

All my bikes look the same. Like they’ve been ridden properly.
    All a bit tatty, rubs in the right paces, some dints, some bangs.

I want my bikes to look like me. When I die and I’m on the slab, I want someone with a knife in their hand to look at my cooling block of meat and say,
    “Well, he certainly pushed that to it’s limits.”

If I can say that about my bikes then I’m happy.

andrewh
    Free Member

I think peeps take pictures of their bikes when new and shiney.
    so any ‘show us your…’ threads on here feature mostly new shiney bikes, regardless of what they look like now.Therefore they all look better than yours does in the real world.

olly2097
    Free Member

My enduro is in perfect running order. Well maintained but looks like a bag of sh1t. Its used.

Northwind

One of my main bikes is both ugly and hammered, the other is just plain boring to look at even though it’s actually kinda awesome. Bikes can only remain shiny and purty if you don’t use them right, it’s like worrying because your hammer doesn’t look as nice as the one in the shop window.

tomhoward

My bikes look glorious. The only issue is new bikes are shinier whizzier have bigger wheels have more gears lighter nicer.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

my old heckler when it was on the workstand in the shop used to get – thats seem a bit of life etc.

It’s well known that I look after my bikes – my 16yr old Kona is in better nick than some 5yr old bikes and my 5yr old Enduro is in better nick than some that are a year old.

They get thrown down the same trails as my mates and ridden just as hard – I just look after them, don’t throw them on the floor and don’t just chuck ’em in the back of a van without a second thought etc.

They have scuffs and have never seen an inch of heli-tape, just any mark that is there is for a reason and not through carelessness.

Candodavid
    Free Member

My names Dave, and my bikes look AWESOME.
    The knack is very simple, look after them, clean them, have so many that not one takes all the wear and tear

stevied
    Free Member

Bike’s are meant to have battle scars. Mine looked Awe-wait for it-some when it was freshly painted but looks so much better now it looks used (not abused)

senorj

All my bikes look the same. Like they’ve been ridden properly.
    All a bit tatty, rubs in the right paces, some dints, some bangs.

+1.

Kryton57

Just got the Yeti out, noted the scratches, the worn chain, “scrubbed” looking tyres… But I know it’ll be fun in half hour or so 😀

dingabell
    Free Member

It’s the ‘grass is greener’ syndrome. Kinda like looking at upgrading to a new exciting wife then realising that actually yours is pretty damn cool (just in case she reads this).

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

All of my 9.5 bikes make me do a sex wee from time to time.

brakes
    Free Member

I go for quantity rather than quality. 5 hammered bikes rather than a couple of pristine pretty ones.
    2 ham sarnies rather than 1 foie gras and quail parfait wrap.

binners

I don’t know what my bikes look like underneath all the mud. At least i can’t see the scuffs scratches and dings. But then I live in the north west of England, not California! And they get ridden. A lot!

A clean bike is the sign of a diseased mind 😀

scaled
    Free Member

They have scuffs and have never seen an inch of heli-tape, just any mark that is there is for a reason and not through carelessness.

Depends what you mean by careless? 😀

My Mega has a load of scratches on it from trail furniture and a couple of dents here and there from big crashes, I generally come off worse than the bike though so it gets a good few weeks/months to recover from the damage

binners

This thread has provoked me to clean my bikes. Which has thrown up a previously unknown substance. Dust! From dry trails! In Lancashire! 😯

So obviously when my bikes are both gleaming, it will then piss down for a month, turning the trails into a quagmire. So apologies in advance.

dibboid
    Free Member

I usually have to clean mine after every muddy ride, but with the current dust levels not cleaned it in at least a month. Not a obsessive is just that o have to put it inside the car so easier with a clean bike.

I like to look at other bikes but like the one I got abs the look of it. Obviously I want to change some of the cheap oem components and am slowly but the frame I like. And my green wide bars.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

My bikes look pretty good………….it’s the rider and his skill level that look crap when compared to others……. 😐

Kryton57

toxicsoks – Member
    My bikes look pretty good………….it’s the rider and his skill level that look crap when compared to others…….

I’d have to agree… 😉

mightymule
    Free Member

Feel better now Kryton? 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Why does everyone else's bike…’ is closed to new replies.