Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Why do we like the smell of our own farts?
  • nickname
    Free Member

Well I don’t mind mine, they been keeping me company tonight 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

‘Cos they smell of roses?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Mine smell of sunshine.

Tyredocter
    Free Member

My ex-misses didn't bath for six months now that stinks worse and yes she could jam tart like a man It smelt o'garlic!

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Being honest with you, I would have agreed, until what we still call "the dried apricot day" at work.

I was experimenting with non "sweet" munchies, part of a diet/weight loss idea I had.

I wolfed a bag of dried apricots over the course of a couple of hours.

Jesus, the other end of the office from me, 20 yards away, the flies were dropping fromthe ceiling. Children were crying, dogs were distressed, adults were consulting Nostradamous to see if the date tied in to any of his predictions, and I though the world was going to end, through the hole in my bottom…….

Even I a veggie of 20 years, was totally unprepared…. and staggered. And as a manwho would fart in someones face usually and laugh, even I was totally appalled at myself. I wished I had multiple personalities, just so I could blame someone else.

I actually got sent home by my boss eventually….

menothim
    Free Member

Was this thread really worth resurrecting after a year?

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Tyredocter, – why do you feel the need to fart all over threads resurrected by your smelly self 😛

geetee1972
    Free Member

As a serious response, it doesn't technically answer the question, but it is probably related in some way, but a few years ago two guys won the Nobel Prize for genetics or biology or something, for demonstrating the link between the sense of smell and memory.

It seems that our sense of smell is one of the most powerful mechanisms we have for evoking memories. IIRC they showed that the mechanism was a survival related instinct, with the brain being able to 'remember' danger via smell.

Given the strong link to memory and smell, the notion that our own shits and farts do smell 'nice' or perhaps 'comforting' doesn't seem so strange. Must be something to do with feeling safe.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

My ex-misses

"Ex-misses" on account that you divorced her because she stunk ?

Or did she divorce you……..cause you like to join forums and then spend hours trawling through them looking for one year old threads on farting ?

……am I close ? 😐

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A chum of mine once said something rather good about farts….

Farts are like children. Your own are a thing of wonder and endless amusement. Other people's are vile.

Xylene
    Free Member

There was a science(ish) show that had two identical twins that did various experiments to see how they effected them. One was about strong stomachs or something like that.

One of the lads crapped in a jam jar and when they were testing each others stomach strengths he produced it for his brother to sniff and he to sniff. His brother gagged and puked, but he didn't. science person claimed it was because it was his own crap and the brain new it.

Plausible, I suppose.

fennerhorne
    Free Member

You don't wanna smell my farts, they make ME gag – how're YOU gonna feel?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I don't like the smell of my farts, I just like to smell them. The distinction is important.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Agree with Three_Fish, talking about fish, what about the other kind of farting for those of us that can?

😳

ComradeD
    Free Member

lol at Jujuuk68

Did the same thing at work. Ate at huge bag and i just got really bloated not trying fart at work. Went to the toilet and let out the longest fart ever. it was heaven.

grtdkad

at onceinalifetime… 😯

theotherjonv

jujuuk68

Same for me with a bag of dried apples one time. I think it's something to do with them being packed with S02 as a preservative, so you get the gas caused by eating a ot of fruit coupled to a lot os sulfurous compounds that you wouldn't normally get.

Must do it again some day. Was dreadful but brilliant in equal measure.

binners

My mate once had a Staff that was fed entirely on a vegetarian diet

Believe me. Its arse was like chemical warfare. After that, anything smells fantastic

Mine are effin minging sometimes – the pleasure (at select times) is in others displeasure, not the aroma of my own shit.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Jesus christ we are scraping the bottom of the barrel today aren't we? I can't decide whether I'm more disturbed that people like the smell of farts or that adults actually talk about these things like 8 year olds.

🙄

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Why do we like the smell of our own farts?’ is closed to new replies.