Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)
  • Why do some people keep putting there name at the bottom of every post???
  • pussywillow
    Free Member

I mean seriously….why?? Do they think they are in some way shape or form more important so they have to sign there name afterwards to prove they’ve written it, like a signature type thing??
    Some bird called Rachel keeps doing it, starting to get on mi tits, that’s all!
    Pussy. 😆

BoardinBob

Yeah it annoys me greatly

Boardinbob

IHN

What annoys me is the people who don’t know the difference between ‘there’ and ‘their’

IHN

Joe

Habit from writing too many emails every day.

Regards
    Joe

officialtob
    Free Member

Yep, very annoying.

Bestest kindest regards,

Officialtob Esq. BA(Hons) ABCDEFG

ocrider

I agree.

Singletrack should allow these people to expresss themselves more creatively by allowing those banners that you see in other places on the internet. 😉

honourablegeorge

Aye, it’s ridiculous.

Regards
    George

This post and any attachment contains information which is private and confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not an addressee, you are not authorised to read, copy or use the post or any attachment. If you have received this post in error, please notify the sender by return post and then destroy it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Your rite, its wiered.

SnS
    Free Member

Always have.

Chris

Pook

“Some bird called Rachel keeps doing it, it starting to get on my tits. Pussy.”

Oh, the irony.

😀

SnS
    Free Member

…and if you think about it, I don’t think its even possible to write a post on STW that everyone gets on with – spelling, grammar, name on bottom, word abbreviation, use of current buzz words / phrases etc etc. Something written on here will always annoy someone.

😉
    Chris

charliedontsurf

OCD works both ways.
    They can’t stop themselves signing each post
    You can’t handle it when they do.

“OCD WARS” a TV show where people with fundamentally opposed OCD issues battle it out to win an almost square plate where the corners are 90.5 degrees.

Monkey tennis?

perthmtb
    Free Member

Probably some poor misguided vestige of a bygone era when people used to attach their real name to communications to show sincerity and that they were willing to stand by what they said.

Me, I’m with the OP and prefer to just abuse people safe in the anonymity of an assumed moniker 😉

allthegear
    Free Member

It’s the only way I can differentiate myself from the STW cliché of a 42 year old, VAG driving, FS riding, male, IT worker…

😉

Sorry if it offends. I don’t do it *all* the time…

Rachel

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Dear Sir,
    I would never do that!

Your faithfully
    Ecky-Thump

email: nnnnnnn
    phone: nnnnnnn
    mobile: nnnnnnn

Planned absence: 01/05/2013 to 14/05/2013 inclusive

Registered office, etc

Of, and please think of the environment before printing this post

julianwilson
    Free Member

I can’t understand it myself.

Steve

allthegear
    Free Member

Maybe I will try to change my habit somehow.

Derek

Edit – and no, before anyone speculates, it wasn’t…

IHN

“OCD WARS” a TV show where people with fundamentally opposed OCD issues battle it out to win an almost square plate where the corners are 90.5 degrees.

Well, that wouldn’t work, would it? Two of the corners could be 90.5 degrees, but the other two would have to be 89.5 degrees.

Poor geometry really annoys me

Euclid.

wwaswas

Of everyone on here I’ve only noticed allthegear doing it and I thought that was for a specific reason.

ww-as-was

roverpig

Dear Sir,

Maybe it’s because some of us were brought up properly.

Yours faithfully,

Andy

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

^^^
    Only if the plate were flat.
    If it were dished then the angle of the corners would be slightly less than 90.5 & 89.5

IHN

Dear Andy,

I think you’re right.

Yours sincerely,

Simon

unklehomered
    Free Member

Re – The Internet

To whom it may concern.

Sometimes it might be habit, sometimes if its a sensitive topic, there have been a few touching ones recently it adds a more personal tone, if you are addressing one person rather than the hive. Sometimes it might be self Importance – who knows, there are other things to get worked up about though, like people with different politics to me, how dare they? They must be imbiciles, its the only possible explanation.

Yours Sincerely

Right Hon. Sir Tumble Beeeeee Tumblemuss (Mrs.)

unklehomered
    Free Member

Ooooooo! I got a double post thingy! I’vde never had one before, I thought you all did that one purpose if I’m honest. Well isn’t this exciting now I get to do one of those grumble grumble double post glitch edits.

I’ve been waiting soooooooooooooooooooooo long for this moment. 🙂

jameso

Good work Rachel, keep it up )

IHN

If it were dished then the angle of the corners would be slightly less than 90.5 & 89.5

That would depend upon the plane of measurement.

IHN

davosaurusrex

I bet everyone that does it is a 29er rider, thinking they’re so important with their ridiculous bikes, perfect teeth and basic command of the English language.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Shirley its just borne out of habit

I’m Spartacus!!!

zippykona

What can I do? I know posted is a stupid name.

bearnecessities

Do they think they are in some way shape or form more important so they have to sign there name afterwards to prove they’ve written it

Dear Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms Pussywillow

No, it’s just seems like manners; thinking about it I only sign off name if starting a thread where I’m asking for advice, or selling something.

Maybe I’m just peculair.

Yours Sincerely

Mildred

Think of the environment, do you really need to read this email?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Actually now you mention I do that, siogning off after a plea for help, usually its par tof a plea for sympathy and to not be set on fire if the question has been asked before… 😀

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with being friendly and polite. Just shows basic common decency and mutual respect.

Scott

Sent from my iPad

themoodster
    Free Member

Why isn’t this in chat?

Tom

unklehomered
    Free Member

Ohhh now you’ve done it!!!

Unk.

njee20
    Free Member

I always find it a little odd. Colournoise (IIRC) always puts ‘slainte, Rob’ at the end, too much effort for my liking!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Yeah I never got that.

Sent from Tapatalk2 on my Galaxy Nexus.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Probably some poor misguided vestige of a bygone era when people used to attach their real name to communications to show sincerity and that they were willing to stand by what they said.

I think it’s more a case of people wanting their forum persona to become a brand. Although perhaps not in the case of Rachel…

TTFN®
    Shibboleth.com ®

You can’t beat the real thang®

PiknMix
    Free Member

On here I don’t suppose it makes a jot of difference but I once got burnt from doing the signing off with my name thing on another forum.

pussywillow
    Free Member

allthegear – Member
    It’s the only way I can differentiate myself from the STW cliché of a 42 year old, VAG driving, FS riding, male, IT worker…

Sorry if it offends. I don’t do it *all* the time…
    Rachel
    POSTED 31 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

No lovey, u ain’t offended me! 😉
    Just that if yer posting all the time, doesn’t it get tedious? Anyways, I bet yer a REET nice bird in real life! 😉
    Pussy.

wwaswas – Member
    Of everyone on here I’ve only noticed allthegear doing it and I thought that was for a specific reason.
    ww-as-was
    POSTED 27 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

No there some Dr dude who does it too. 😆

Pussy.

swavis

You’ll all go to hell….

Your’s,

Beelzebub xxxx

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Why do some people keep putting there name at the bottom of every post???’ is closed to new replies.