why do posts get closed/locked ?

Home Forum Chat Forum why do posts get closed/locked ?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • why do posts get closed/locked ?
  • yossarian

If you sign up to a premium membership the mods tell you why they ban stuff.

It’s worth it, trust me πŸ˜‰

Premier Icon jamj1974
    Subscriber

If you sign up to a premium membership the mods tell you why they ban stuff.
    It’s worth it, trust me

Really? Never noticed that when I was a premium member.

deadlydarcy

It’s always for the best. As long as you realise that, then you’ll feel better about it.

I expect this one will get closed too. I’m shit at evaluating thread closure probability though.

skeetsgb

i got the impression he was a salesman and trying to sell the premium πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

for the best ? who’s best. were all big boys, well most of us anyways πŸ˜‰

IanMunro

It’s a new feature, along with the daily nominate a thread lock poll.

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

cheers chaps

There are also women on here you racist πŸ˜‰

Cheers

Rachel

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

I like the ban-a-prole-a-week feature best

skeetsgb

sorry rachel hun xxx

but is sexist not racist πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜†

yunki

Isn’t it something to do with cross referencing the daily mail users databases?

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

sorry rachel hun

It’s ok, don’t worry about it. I haven’t been called hun for such a long time, so thanks for that x

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

this forum is probaly the worst forum im on for this type of thing

I guess you’re either on very liberal forums or very few there’s many a worse forum for topics to be closed.

On a side note if you want to know why a thread has been closed then you can email the mods sometimes we reply.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

We’re not playing god. We are god. (-:

Generally when I close a thread I’ll add a note say why if it’s not obvious. Usually though stuff gets closed simply because it’s getting out of hand.

There’s no “rule book”, it’s subjective, though we may discuss threads we’re not sure on. I’m surprised you think threads get closed because it’s a subject we “don’t like” though – far as I know, that never happens. They might get closed (or deleted) due to questionable content such as illegal sales or overtly adult content, but that’s not really something we “don’t like” so much as just trying to stop the place turning into Mlehworld.

deadlydarcy

that never happens

Oh yes it does. πŸ™‚

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

Mostly because of a lack of capital letters. πŸ˜€

Junkyard

nah its true we dislike plenty of threads but dont close them just because of that

skeetsgb

this forum is probaly the worst forum im on for this type of thing, where the admins close the threads down. i was wandering how come. i do notice double threads on the same subject, so i understand that reason but what other reasons is there. is it that the admin just doesnt like the subject and is playing god, or is there a set of rules he goes by. because sometimes i just cant figure out the reason. it would be nice when he does close it down to put the reason why ??

cheers chaps

danielgroves

Mostly because of a lack of capital letters.

Thank God someone on my side.

Subscriber

Junkyard – lazarus

nah its true we dislike plenty of threads but dont close them just because of that

That’s easy for you to say type.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RRv35Ig2mg[/video]

Junkyard

That’s easy for you to say type

nothing is easy for me to type πŸ˜‰

Premier Icon jamj1974
    Subscriber

It’s a new feature, along with the daily nominate a thread lock poll.

:mrgreen:

I*N*B*E*F*O*R*E*T*H*E*L*O*C*K

πŸ˜‰

I’m glad my thread about kids being locked in their rooms was closed.

Posting pictures of fritzl’s horror chamber was uncalled for.

Trite, boring and insensitive.

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

I used to moderate a board for a nightclub. That was err, interesting.

People did get an automatic ban if they used caps lock though.

Cheers

Danny B

TooTall

i was wandering

No. You were not ‘wandering’. You were WONDERING.

Subscriber

Junkyard – lazarus
    nothing is easy for me to type

You should mix a bit of tobacco with it. πŸ˜€

I think that threads get closed so people can spend more time doing their homework.

patriotpro

All dark side threads should be locked/closed. πŸ˜‰

dannyh

daily nominate a thread lock poll

Loctite 242 gets my vote.

Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

From the sticky thread up there

The ethos of this forum must be one of mutual respect for everyone who uses it. You may argue and debate with anyone but when the argument becomes heated or abuse begins to creep in, then you will have crossed the line. If you don’t step back from it then you will likely be moderated.

Respect for everyone is paramount. If we see evidence or have good reason to believe that you are looking to get a rise or to deliberately force a reaction from any other users (Trolling) then we will stop you.

If you are here to chat, respectfully debate issues or ask genuine questions of the thousands of users who come here then you are welcome to stay and we have no doubts you will add positively to our huge community.

There are literally thousands of new posts every day and we simply can’t read everyone of them, or even a small fraction, so we ask that if you spot anything you think we should be aware of then please use the REPORT function at the bottom of every post to make us aware of it. Please don’t assume that if it is there that we have allowed it to stay – we just haven’t seen it yet and we need your help.

This forum is remarkable in its scope of topics, experience of its users and sheer numbers of regular visitors – we hope you all enjoy it.

Play nice

On behalf of everyone at Singletrack

Premier Icon benji
    Subscriber

All dark side threads should be locked/closed.

Why can’t I be a storm trooper and support the dark side you do gooding jedi πŸ˜†

jekkyl

When they really don’t like what you’ve typed threads get deleted and you get coffee, even when there’s nothing in the rules to say the thing you’ve been discussing isn’t allowed. But who really cares, it’s just an Internet forum.

zokes

Junkyard – moderator?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘why do posts get closed/locked ?’ is closed to new replies.