Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 101 total)
  • Why do people do it!!
  • walla24
    Free Member

OP- good on you for speaking out, too many people just let these scum get away with stuff like this. If everyone actually grew a backbone and spoke up they wouldn’t be able do it.
    Makes me so angry when I see them passing on bad behaviour to their kids.

I ask people to step out of the shop until they have calmed down now, in front of kids/shoppers no problem…It is not our responsibility to deal with the asshats.

Marcus- leave it out, a jobs a job.

LMT
    Free Member

Marcus, i don’t get your point? Tesco are the second biggest employer in the UK, yes the board make questionable decisions, and planning of new stores etc… but the day to day shift maanger and the colleagues that run these stores provide a service. I get paid well and generally enjoy my work. Its the job that lets me mountain bike in my spare time and enjoy life.

Going to discuss the issues with my boss today, i have a mate that works for europarks, if we could get them in for a month im positive that would make a massive difference, £100 on the spot fines could do a deal where any profit goes straight to our charity of the year.

Might print that *unt picture off and see if we can use that as well 🙂

marcus
    Free Member

Why, do we all think that Tesco act in the most morally correct and socially acceptable way when bulldozing stores through the planning system and purchasing products from their suppliers.

jools182
    Free Member

I agree with the OP’s point

I really don’t get all this hatred and vigilantism

surfer
    Free Member

Your right Jools lets all just calm down and agree that Marcus is an arse.

marcus
    Free Member

Gosh Surfer – someone got out of bed the wrong side this morining !

ronjeremy
    Free Member

marcus – Member
    Why, do we all think that Tesco act in the most morally correct and socially acceptable way when bulldozing stores through the planning system and purchasing products from their suppliers.

So by that act alone it therefore allows us carte blanche to treat those whom choose to work for said store as we see fit, and not as fellow humans?

Surely a threat is a threat, no matter upon which level it is used?

samuri
    Free Member

of course, the disabled spaces are usually right in front of the store.
    Might I suggest people take a few seconds to examine cars for lack of disabled stickers and then use the extra wide spaces to push their trolleys through.

And well, those things are heavy and have a mind of their own.

Gary_C

£100 on the spot fines

Good luck in trying to enforce that. (You couldn’t)

davidjones15
    Free Member

Still one of my favourite websites

What a strange site. 😐

glupton1976
    Free Member

Marcus has a point here. STW is usually full of Tesco haters.

surfer
    Free Member

Whilst it contains some outrageous examples some of them are similar to the cyclist with a headcam on looking for something to be outraged about!

jools182
    Free Member

This thread is reminding me of The Mail

LMT
    Free Member

No I couldn’t enforce the fine but euro parks do, they manage the local council car parks and they do impose fines for dodgey parking, I’ve worked in other stores this system does work, they do have 2 weeks to pay if I remember right.

I would forget the fact it’s Tesco but disabled spaces for those that need them.

yunki
    Free Member

I’ll tell you what pisses me off slightly more than this..

It’s the disabled folk who, on discovering that there are no disabled spaces left (or at least, not the space that they consider convenient enough) take it upon themselves to park in one of the few parent and child spaces..

thanks for that

One sunny day I will sit down at my local Tesco with a few cans of special brew, and I will very vocally and offensively persecute everyone I see doing this

bikebouy
    Free Member

Funny thread.

The local Co-Op near me is quite large, has about 6 spaces for disabled and about 20 for “mums n kids” of those spaces that get used the “mums n kids” are always full, not always with “mums wiv kids” but Jonny cum lately types and of those disabled space think I’ve seen them used very infrequently.

I have seen a “mum wivart kids” been booted out of a space in the “mums supposed to be wiv kids” spaces by the kid who collect trollies.. he was armed with about 20 meandering trollies at the time.

davidjones15
    Free Member

If I were a disabled user I’d simply block the non badge holding car in and get on with my day.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

No I couldn’t enforce the fine but euro parks do, they manage the local council car parks and they do impose fines for dodgey parking, I’ve worked in other stores this system does work, they do have 2 weeks to pay if I remember right.

not allways enforceable lots of info on the net about it google parking charge

PiknMix
    Free Member

slightly off topic but the term “mentally handicapped” and the apparent normality of its use in everyday language to refer to an idiot really offends me!

I’m a nobody so it doesn’t matter, just saying 🙂

MartynS

Sadly you can’t fine anyone, the only bodies who can impose fines are the police and the council.
    Whilst Europarks may have the right to issue fines in council carparks they have no right to fine anyone in a private carpark

Europarks have no more right to ask for money to use your carpark than I do to ask you to pay me for sitting in your chair.

Sadly if you did anything to someones car who was parked (incorrectly) in a disabled bay you’d possibly be up for criminal damage charges.

I couldn’t agree more that it is twuntish behaviour of the highest order but I’m really not sure what you can do about it other than ban them from the store.

If you were assaulted I’d be on to HR/Management to see if there is a policy of banning idiots from the store. If you were threatened I’d at least report it to the police..

binners

The people who park in disabled bays, are the same people who bump their X5’s onto the kerb half an inch outside the school gates, on the zig zag lines, so little Tarquin and Jemima don’t have to actually use their legs.

They simply think that they’re so bloody important that the normal rules and norms of society apply to everyone else, the lesser lifeforms, not to them. Their considerations immediately and rightfully over-ride everybody else’s.

In short: I’ll just stand still here, while the whole ****ing world revolves around me!! The worlds full of them unfortunately

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s the disabled folk who, on discovering that there are no disabled spaces left (or at least, not the space that they consider convenient enough) take it upon themselves to park in one of the few parent and child spaces..

I have a child – I’m perfectly happy to park in a normal space if it means someone with a disability can actually get to the shops. But then I have a small car, and don’t have the pushchair equivalent of a SUV or a sense of entitlement because I managed to successfully breed.

downshep

Sever the selfish feckers spinal cords and let them park there every day? If that seems a tiny bit harsh / illegal, those super sticky windscreen notices are probably the next best thing. You can inconvenience and piss them right off without actually causing damage or breaking the law.

Using a vehicle as a weapon, verbal abuse or threats of violence towards staff should always be reported to the police. Don’t put up with it.

elzorillo
    Free Member

I did it last night. It was raining. It was 9:30pm. The car park was empty. In the grand scale of things I dont see the big deal.

Parking Vigilantes at the ready…

yunki
    Free Member

LOL.. good for you ben yer jumped up ‘nana..

when you have a couple of lively kids round your ankles, and a baby or two to hoik out of the motor, plus a weeks shopping to deal with, at the end of another crushingly busy day, on your third night without sleep, it’s nice to know that you can park the trolley up next to the car, out of the way of traffic, and that you can safely disembark kids and cargo with maximum efficiency..

I guess that your child’s mother does most of the parenting and shopping.. 😆

It’s especially galling at our local store where you can see disabled spaces in abundance, yet some overweight middle aged guy is making a tired and harassed young mum wrestle her kids through a busy car park so that he can reduce the distance that he has to drag his sweaty arse by parking in one of the handful of parent and child allocations..

I don’t have a sense of entitlement because I managed to breed, but because the sign above the parking bay indicates it..
    what gives you your grossly misplaced air of superiority..?

FWIW my original post was a bit tongue in cheek.. 🙄

D0NK

I did it last night. It was raining.

and the extra 10seconds of walking in the rain from a normal space would have drownded you? Don’t believe in parking vigilantism and I’m not going to flame you for it but you can’t justify it with that excuse I’m afraid.

molgrips
    Free Member

Whilst we’re on the subject – people with kids aged 8 and above who park in P&C spaces thinking they’re all entitled. WTF? It’s for SMALL kids you bloody idiots.

bencooper
    Free Member

FWIW my original post was a bit tongue in cheek

And so was mine 🙂

But I don’t understand – are you objecting to people who have a real disability using P&C spaces when they need to, or are you objecting to lazy people using them ‘cos they’re closer to the door?

Of course we both know the real problem with Parent and Child parking is the people who seem to think that their 15-year-old who has more facial hair than I do counts as a child.

Oh, and I do most of the shopping and all the driving…

chainslapp
    Free Member

IMO the answer to the OP’s original question, is that there are no consequences to the actions taken by the offenders other than the threatening behaviour and trying to use a vehicle as a weapon etc. Those incidents should be reported immediately to the Police.

stumpy01

The manager should ban anyone who threatens staff from the store.

yunki
    Free Member

But I don’t understand – are you objecting to people who have a real disability using P&C spaces when they need want to

I think that yes, I am really.. Can they not wait..? Now a young mum might have to wait instead.. I don’t understand the apparent hierarchy that you’re suggesting..

and I’m objecting to overweight blokes with disabled badges.. I’m certainly objecting to people with 15 year old kids and I’m all for firing selfish lazy people into space from a cannon..

ohnohesback
    Free Member

To stretch the debate slightly. Once inside Tesco anyone who is mobilty-impaired or visually-impaired has a hard time of it with displays reducing the aisle space to manouevre in, and the shelf lables and displays are difficult to read for the VI. Acessability extends beyond the car park.

ampthill

Firstly sympathy to the OP

Secondly try talking to the local Police about support over this. I heard of one force that was trying to decide what Police should in spare moments.

One tactic was running checks on people using disable parking places. It was something like 1 in 3 where known to the Police and 1 in 4 had outstanding arrest warrants!!!!

bencooper
    Free Member

I don’t understand the apparent hierarchy that you’re suggesting

I’m suggesting that someone who has a disability which means they cannot manage with a normal space takes priority over someone who just finds the extra space useful.

Can we mention the people who, while I’m loading up the car with shopping and offspring, sit and wait and if I’m not going fast enough honk the horn?

D0NK

Can we mention the people who, while I’m loading up the car with shopping and offspring, sit and wait and if I’m not going fast enough honk the horn?

was sorely tempted to honk when after waiting patiently whilst a lady loaded up her kids and shopping then sat in the drivers seat for a few seconds ages, presumably fannying about with her phone. Tempted, but in the end I just parked elsewhere.

joao3v16
    Free Member

My local Tesco has a talking sign in the middle of all the P&C spaces, that spouts a polite message about them being reserved for customers with children bla bla.

I’m amazed at the number of people who still physically travel to an actual shop 😯 .. how very 20th-Century 😀

Properly important/lazy/middle-class people get their food picked, packed and delivered directly to their mouths by slaves.

I heard of one force that was trying to decide what Police should in spare moments.

Find my stolen bike please!

GrahamS

are you objecting to people who have a real disability using P&C spaces when they need to

On a similar vein: how do we feel about people using a vacant disabled loo when the others are full?

I’ll admit I’m quite partial to a handicrap (when I’m not inconveniencing someone obviously) The cubicles are more spacious, they tend to be a lot cleaner, and they often have nice comfy thrones and armrests 😀

rudebwoy
    Free Member

my first port of call !!

chainslapp
    Free Member

On a similar vein: how do we feel about people using a vacant disabled loo when the others are full?

How do you get your car in there?? 😆

ononeorange

Binners: “They simply think that they’re so bloody important that the normal rules and norms of society apply to everyone else, the lesser lifeforms, not to them. Their considerations immediately and rightfully over-ride everybody else’s.”

This and the OP’s point are symptomatic of the overhwelming sense of entitlement and superiority that so many drivers have over pedestrians / cyclists (see other thread) and each other. Years of subtle social propaganda suggesting their superiority is related to their car. Rant over.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Why do people do it!!’ is closed to new replies.